Jobber of the month!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jobber of the month!

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Hey.  Just got back from the family trip to the West Ed mall.  Tons of fun and of course the obligatory visit and purchase at the GW store in the mall.  I bought a box of Tau cause... I dunno.  Mental health reasons I guess.  I did get to thinking about stuff as they have a monthly paint contest where they pick the mini and anyone can buy it and enter.  I don't think that would work here but I would like to see people painting stuff outside what their normal army requirements are.  The best and easiest way to improve overall painting is to paint a one off mini.  A mini that doesn't need to fit in with any scheme or anything like that.  So here is what I am going to start...

Each month people must paint a single mini.  Any mini, a lowly RnF "jobber" will do.  The only requirement is that each month it be from a different army then the previous couple months.  Just to encourage variety.  Getting lowly mini's from other armies should be easy to trade for on the boards.  Just post a pic by the end of the month and you count as being completed.

What I am going to propose is that if you fail then you must hand a blister pack mini over to the person who signed up underneath you (or Back at the top if you're at the bottom).  All you have to do is complete your monthly mini and you get a blister. If the dude above you fails.

I am going to paint a lowly Night Goblin for the month of October.  I tried out a new way of painting black and I want to see how it looks on the cloak of one of these guys.  If I fail I will give a blister pack of an Avatars of War chaos Marauder champion.  This one...

So here's the list to start...

1. Scott Radom

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jobber of the month!

Post  Carson on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:12 pm

2.Carson Gallant

I'll be painting a raging hero's "toughest girls in the galaxy" fig

Last edited by Carson on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:39 pm

3. Don Matwe

I'll gladly take that Marauder fig....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:03 pm

What are you guys staking?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:35 pm

4. Kieran Dunleavy

I have an idea to try out on doing weathered bronze, so I will paint a Komainu from Malifaux. If I fail (which I won't) some lucky bastard will own a Kamaitachi (also for Malifaux).

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:41 am

This the one? I could see some fun metal action there!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:58 am

I'll hop on this.

5. Nathan Rinholm

I'm going to paint a sherman (or two or five) this month.  I'll stake some random 40K blister that I'll buy if I fail.

Edit: actually, I'm going to paint a skink on a flying dinosaur. I may not do the base because it is Nathan M's mini and I'll let him do the bases how he wants. If that isn't a valid project I'll stick to the sherman(s).

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:16 am

[quote="ScottRadom]
This the one?  I could see some fun metal action there![/quote]

Yessir. Robot lions.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:46 am

I'm going to paint a Tzeentch herald on disc. I offer any character on foot model from the GW range as a penalty.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:52 pm

infantry sized? Technically a daemon prince is a character on foot...

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:01 pm

Any project is technically valid, just state what you're going to paint and what you're going to donate if you don't follow through. The primary idea is just to keep the brush moving.

The secondary goal which I'd like to see people try out is to paint something different. A mini from a different project or army that makes you try something a little different, a mini from an army you've painted to death but done a little differently etc. Like Kieran/Galadros said he is painting that weird ass lion thingy to try some weathered bronze.

That kind of stuff is what I'd personally like to see people try out.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:07 pm

nathanr wrote:infantry sized?  Technically a daemon prince is a character on foot...

First off, I ain't gonna hafta pay. Very Happy Second, if someone wants a daemon prince just to get "best value" that says all I need to know about them.

Lastly, it's very unlikely I'll paint a fig that won't end up in one of my armies. I have 4 more armies to paint this winter (gonna do it) just won't have time or energy to paint one off figs. Just keeping it real! Smile

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:56 pm

I like the idea. I don't have a big backlog of projects waiting in the wings like Don but I've got minis here and there that I've been meaning to put a brush to. Maybe this will encourage me to put a little more thought and effort into them.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:44 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top