January 7th -> FoW: Demonstration Game: Total War Stalingrad!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

January 7th -> FoW: Demonstration Game: Total War Stalingrad!

Post  |marauder| on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:12 pm

Total War Stalingrad Game  
◘ January 7th @ 1030am @ Tramp's Comics & Games
  * 1500 Mid War points per player  
  Multi Part Team Game:  
  Large Cauldron Table    
- Any Axis lists from Eastern Front Book except Finns
- no restrictions on Soviet lists from Eastern Front Book
  Secondary Tables (attempting to link up/relieve Cauldron)  
- German mechanized & tank lists only  
- no restrictions on Soviet lists from Eastern Front Book

♣ Please submit lists on or before December 24th 2016

Last edited by |marauder| on Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
|marauder|

View user profile http://facebook.com/groups/fowreginarifles

Back to top Go down

Re: January 7th -> FoW: Demonstration Game: Total War Stalingrad!

Post  |marauder| on Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:21 am

Will be a fracking great time!
If you need to borrow an army to get in on the action - let me know!
|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:04 am

Everyone is getting pretty excited about this event - hope to see a bunch of you there!
|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:48 am

Stalingrad – Flames of War Total War
January, 7th, 2017
By Lance Mathew

Huge turnout for one of the most epic battles in history; we (the Flames of War Regina Rifles) had a total of twelve players – six Soviets and six Axis! We certainly had done our best to ‘represent’ the two plus million personnel involved in the five month long battle of history. Massive close quarter assaults, devastating bombardments, multiple areal dogfights and air strikes – we had it all. With such a large turnout we occupied the back half of Tramp’s Comics and Games main floor. For the main event three tables were set up in a “v” engaged the main battle forces and for the side event we had two other tables lengthwise for the relief column.

Team Kaptain Kip of the Axis forces deployed on the left “v” table, Chris deployed in the centre, and Jace deployed on the right part of the “v”. To oppose Kip Team Comrade капита́н Jace sent Sean and Tyler to double team his adversary. Matt with his Mixed Tankovy slammed into Chris on the centre and Jace himself took on Jarrod. At centre stage the main battle played itself out mostly like it did in history with massive casualties and broken companies!

Along those lines the side stage battle of the relief column also went the same as history. However, this is where I learned that I had set up the relief column in a poor position. With two 4’ x 6’ tables lengthwise = it was twelve feet of ‘too far’ to make it on to the “v” table and relieve Stalingrad proper. In other words I had set myself up to fail with no way to change history and forcing five players to mostly sit on their laurels as the action took place elsewhere – once again my apologies Brody, Justin, Stephen, and Tim.

However, we were observed in our natural habitat by quite a few people who stopped by to gander at the massive game, the hordes of troops, and the groans and cheers of miniature battle! Also, with a bit of time to kill Tim took the time to check out the AIW (Arab-Israeli era) book – which he later purchased.

Thanks again for everyone who attended and made such an event a great time! And, once again thanks to Tramp’s for letting us hold these large scale battles! Our next event is a Late War Tournament on February 25th! Also, our next large scale event is a WWI Event entitled Vimy Ridge on April 8th. I will also remind the reader that every first Wednesday night of the month at Tramp’s we do a Flames of War Demo from 1815-2015 (615pm to 815pm). February is the Great War (WWI).

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top