FoW: Demonstration Game / Total War -> Early War Invasion of France

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FoW: Demonstration Game / Total War -> Early War Invasion of France

Post  |marauder| on Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:52 pm

Demonstration Game / Total War -> Early War Invasion of France
Title: Case Yellow
@ Tramp's Comics & Games
October 1st - 1030am to 1630 (1030am to 430pm)
1,450 point armies {Germans limited to Tank & Mechanized / British & French no limit to lists}
* please send lists ASAP to cigamnogard@sasktel.net
♣ http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=126&afv=topic&aff=14&aft=573791

|marauder|

View user profile http://facebook.com/groups/fowreginarifles

Back to top Go down

Re: FoW: Demonstration Game / Total War -> Early War Invasion of France

Post  |marauder| on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:28 am

Case Yellow
October 1st, 2016
By Lance Mathew

Another successful mega game known as Total War for Flames of War transpired at Tramp’s Comics and Games on October 1st, 2016. This event was entitled the Case Yellow.  Historically, Case Yellow was a massive operation launched by Nazi Germany against France and its Allies.  As per usual whenever the FoW Regina Rifles runs these large Demonstration games we get people coming over to see what is happening; having cute looking tanks on a large table never fails to impress.  We had several people stop by to check out the action; three of them took my business cards and will hopefully set up a demo game in the future.  

Lorne and Sean both played British Guards and each had similar list; with minor support differences.  Not to be out done Matt and I both played Panzergrenadier lists – again very similar.  Only a single platoon of French tanks was used and they were one of the last platoons to hit the table – what can I say -> historically accurate? Well…maybe.

Matt and I rolled higher and took the table side we wanted as well as the first turn. Both of us charged our respective 251s down our respective roads.  Meanwhile, my 2IC (second in command) sped off towards a nearby objective which my reserves would double behind him. Our first turn went splendidly and not much happened from the Phony side of the Allied table on their first turn as they did not get any reserves however they were successful in killing my HMG (Heavy Machine Gun) team and pinning my doubling platoon.

Matt and my second turn saw Matt getting reserves but nothing for me. Sean had moved up his Matilda tanks towards Matt’s middle objective but Lorne had failed to do move forward. Both Matt and I sent in our planes to take advantage of Lorne’s concentration of forces, but were mostly ineffective. On the Allies turn the pivotal part of the game occurred – Sean rolled in his Recce Universal Carrier troop. He machine gunned away at my artillery guarding my back objective and charged in! His assault was highly effective killing two gun teams and contesting the objective. That single point would make all the difference.

Now, how could a single point make a difference? In Total War the game is scored by points you receive from holding an objective. There are six objectives on the table; two in each of the deployment zones and two in the centre. By losing or better yet not gaining a point for two turns will and did cost Matt and me the game. That being said we managed to break for lunch – which was not rushed and we were all able to enjoy a sit down and a chance to chat about our lives and of course – Flames of War.

After lunch we resumed the game but that two points was kept and held by the Allies and the Axis were never able to catch up and by the end of the battle the lead had even increased to three points! Ah well – a great time was had by all. I was able to hand out a bunch of black and pink business cards. Thanks again to all the players and if you are interested in a game -> please e-mail me at cigamnogard@sasktel.net

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  LorSve on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:57 pm

I am looking working towards a French army but I already have 4 nations for EW. I want to do it cheaply but they don't have much for British support.

LorSve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:12 pm

No?
I thought they had a few options...have not looked that closely though.

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  LorSve on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:57 pm

French Tank companies only get a Brit Rifle platoon supporting CT for~155 for supporting the heavy chars or CV at around ~195 for supporting Sumoa or Hotchkiss

LorSve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top