Moose Jaw on Thanksgiving weekend. Oct 8-10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moose Jaw on Thanksgiving weekend. Oct 8-10

Post  squalie on Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Hey Lads, I've decided to host a gamesday that weekend. I've become friends with a fellow I met on Bartertown (one of my best customers, lol) over the years we chat on occasion and have always planned to meet up and have a game.

He's almost positive that he's coming to visit Thanksgiving weekend so I figured I'd make an event out of it anyways. Here's our opportunity to show him some Ravening hospitality and maybe have a reason to go to Winnipeg for a future event.

Anyways, you know the drill - food and drink provided, come and go as you please, just league games. BYOB and an army.

Any specific requests for food would be appreciated, but steering towards meat, cheese, buns, etc, trays for convenience.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moose Jaw on Thanksgiving weekend. Oct 8-10

Post  Mhael on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:41 pm

I think you may have trouble getting people for this. I may be in edmonton but for sure have family obligations

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:22 am

Ha not a valid excuse. Its not like you guys from Saskatoon come down to Don's any other weekend. We bring 2-4 to Saskatoon almost every trip you guys can't even get anyone to commit to a whole day let alone a whole weekend. The holiday has nothing to do with it.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:08 am

Sean, you have cancelled on Saskatoon and Moose Jaw game days more than everyone else combined. Family commitment on Thanksgiving long weekend is definitely a valid excuse.

I'm in the same boat as Andre unfortunately, in fact I doubt if I'll get another game day in before we go to Edmonton.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:12 am

I agree with Nathan Johnson's comments about what Sean Johnson said in response to what was replied to Don Johnson's invitation by Andre johnson. Reveren!

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:14 am

I get it. I certainly wouldn't expect 10 guys for 3 days. Smile Seems like that's the weekend that works for him, so I figured I'd throw an invite to everyone. Heck, Dom drove down last Sunday for just one game. GO DOM!

I'll repeat; If anyone can show for a couple games that's super cool, if not there will be more weekends.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:28 am

I think we all need to listen to andre Johnson, not only is it pure frontier gibberish, but it poses a a courage we see from him all the time :p

I will think about making the trip again even if it's just for a day. And Sean if you say you're coming and don't come I think it's time for some sort of public humiliation. ...

The rest of us don't make it out to games days all the time, only difference is we don't say we will make it and then not show....well I don't anyway

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 am

Fair enough.

Then I will not be coming.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:01 am

I could make it for the day, if its not Thanksgiving day itself.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldenboyWpg on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:41 am

Well the Mrs has passive aggressively said I can make the trip, so I am definitely in Squalie. I am looking at either driving out Friday afternoon or Saturday AM. I know Monday would be hard for a lot of people to come so I would probably look at heading home Monday AM or Sunday evening so I can make a thanksgiving dinner for the Mrs. to earn back some of the brownie points I am spending for this trip. Or if you need to kick me out earlier, I can take my figs and run.

I am looking forward to meeting new people. I have a group I play with in Winnipeg. There is seven of us that play, usually every second Friday. With GW stopping with the support, our game nights seemed to have gone the route of board games for most of this year. We have finally discussed last week about trying out The 9th Age, so hopefully I will have one game of it under my belt before Thanksgiving. I would say be gentle with me, but I am a sucker for punishment. Wink

I look forward to meeting whoever can make it out.

Take care Folks.

GoldenboyWpg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:32 pm

I'd love to meet you Mr. GoldenboyWpg, if you are hardcore enough to make the drive from Winnipeg for a few games in Moose Jaw then I'm sure you'll fit right in.  Unfortunately my brownie points are pretty much all used up these days so I will have to sit this one out.

And Sean, are you not coming because Dom is coming? That seems pretty harsh, what did he ever do to you?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:09 pm

hey look forward to meeting you, I should be able to make it for the Saturday.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:19 pm

I don't think it's Dom. Sean is in sensitive mode, most women experience it every 30 days. Smile

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:52 pm

I swear no feelings will be hurt, but it looks like no one can make this - correct? I'll just call this off as my sister is trying to arrange a Dad visit anyways.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:32 am

I would be happy to show up for a game or two and to meet a new guy. Gamesday or not. The old Tzeentch needs some loving Very Happy

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:35 pm

Sorry, the whole weekend was cancelled. I would love Ryan to come and visit to meet the guys. Although I've never met Ryan in person I think he'd fit in. Hard to show off when it'd only be me and him. Smile

I think the wife and I are going to Winnipeg for an IKEA day and meet him and his gal. I'll perform a gamers evaluation and see if he's worthy. Very Happy

I'd really like to see if we can make this work in November.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:05 pm

I think November will be better for me, as long as it isn't on rememberence day long weekend.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:36 pm

Not to put too much pressure on Ryan (I am Wink ) it's up to him when he can make it, but I'm sure we can have him work around our schedules.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top