AOW promotional material

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AOW promotional material

Post  Carson on Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:38 pm

Hey,

Avatars of War are supplying 9th-age clubs with promotional posters and artwork. I sent an email to ask for this package for our club. Guess we'll see what happens.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AOW promotional material

Post  nathanr on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:25 pm

I think its all up on the 9th age website to download?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:43 pm

I'm very disappointed in AoW. I've bought a few figs from them recently - and they're crap. I noticed that if the models aren't painted they generally show them in the "green" stage. It's because between the beautiful green stage and the mold something terrible happens and you receive a fig that's a nightmare to put together, or you can't because the joints are too small.

And, trying to get a simple response from them about a release schedule - many months after the proudly proclaim a new fig is coming just leaves me skeptical.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:52 pm

They've definitely slipped, and they weren't phenomenal casting in the first place. I get some that are fine and others that are just unacceptable. Worst offender was they're ogre followed closely by the plague demon champion guy. Extra care and attention is needed with most of their stuff.

My worst two companies are Scibor and Gamezone though. I'd buy AoW exclusively until I die before I'd buy more multi part kits from those two.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:20 pm

I agree with Gamezone, super poor fit. Mierce has been exceptional and I have bought a ton of stuff from them.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:40 pm

I agree with the aow fitment issues. The Dwarves ive put together were terrible, no shoulders fit and the weapons /backpacks were awkward and impossible. Hopefully 9th age hasnt done anything bad by throwing in with AOW. That being said ive never actually had to deal with them as a customer for responses.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:24 pm

A few years back I got an elf mage by AOW. Once out of the package, I noticed the casting was poor. Joints were rounded off. There was no sharpness at all.
So, I sent them an e-mail about and included a photo. They quickly responded to ask my address in order to send a replacement. Seemed a great response! The replacement took 9 weeks to reach me, and it was exactly the same quality.
Thumbs down AOW. Thumbs down.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:10 pm

Here's one of the figs I have bought 3 times (I know, I know - stop selling armies).

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/mobile/producto.php?prodcode=49&prodname=Sorceress+of+Lust&id=118&Itemid=143

The point is, see that arm she's raising? That arm is loose - why they can't mold a flat fig like that I'll never know, but the joint where those two come together is smaller than the head of a pin (no joke) and tapers on each end so there's an infinitely small glue/pin joint. Beautiful fig and I hate it.  The most recent in I just rounded the shoulder and made her have 3 arms, screw it.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:26 pm

This was also my experience with the dwarves, not a single mohawk fit on their heads correct.

Waist / torso joints were terrible, didnt line up and that was big round on big round idk how you mess that up.

Anything thats a greatweapon or a crossbow from AOW will never ever line up with shoulders and wrists. As in you can never get the Left and Right shoulders in their sockets and have the two weapon hands meet up, always a big gap.

Some of the Rangers had quivers on the front of their legs, and if you tried to put arms on those ones you end up shaving off half the quiver just to make it so the arms arn't raised above their heads... Anyways that being said i just bought 3 more AOW Goblins off Scott lol, we will see how they come together.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:21 pm

I can vouch for the Goblin King fit wise, I've painted it 3 times and it's OK. The Goblin Hero is assembled and I've built that one a couple times, it was also OK. The shield bearer one looked fine as well.

I have some horror stories for sure form AoW. I like their sculpts so much I keep buying more. I will say that they're newest generation of mini's that were metal didn't have the fit issues at all. Well planned places for pieces to join and good fits. The Nurgle stuff I painted was very good for this.

I might look at a box of their plastic Nurgle Chaos dudes as well.

I find that even though I know the risks and I have had a history of disappointment I still willingly and gladly pick up their products.

Like Kieran/Galadros when I had a big problem and let them know they did take care of me but it was MUCH longer than 9 weeks. Better than nothing I suppose!

As far as independent mini companies go I've certainly been treated worse and gotten less than fair value from many. I'd still rank AoW as not a bad company to buy from but need to drastically work on getting the rest of their faculties to a level that truly does their sculptors justice.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm

I love the sculpts and will continue to buy because of it but the assembly and fit and bad on alot of figs.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:38 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top