Games This Week

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Games This Week

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:54 pm

First week of Uni so I have a real light schedule.

Daytime, Nighttime. Let me know if anyone wants a game.

O&G player btw. Coming hard with the CHEESE!

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Games This Week

Post  Mhael on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:18 pm

I could play this saturday afternoon

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:53 am

I'm free Thursday or Friday evening. Maybe we could get together for a three way Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:25 pm

I am still free during the day also

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:58 pm

Saturday is the only time I was really trying to avoid. But, I would love to try and get a game in Thursday night.
This was kind of late in coming but Carson if you want to get a game put together for tomorrow night I'm.
Just let me know where you want to play. If you wanted your place I'm good with that, if you want to play at the Den that's cool too.
Also if you want to text me about it feel free.

Oh and Andre if you happen to be available Friday afternoon for some reason that would be a great time for me. Of course I'm sure you're probably working so no problem at all if it doesn't work.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:23 am

With this many games you mine as well join the league Nathan lol

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:40 am

I can definetly swing a friday afternoon game. Say 1ish and we can play anywhere. Personally i think a traffic stopping game in the middle of the broadway bridge would really test our ability. Lol

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:42 am

Mhael wrote:I can definetly swing a friday afternoon game. Say 1ish and we can play anywhere. Personally i think a traffic stopping game in the middle of the broadway bridge would really test our ability. Lol

Please do this.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:18 am

I could do a game next Thursday starting at 8:30.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:13 pm

Mhael wrote:I can definetly swing a friday afternoon game. Say 1ish and we can play anywhere. Personally i think a traffic stopping game in the middle of the broadway bridge would really test our ability. Lol

Sounds perfect Andre. But maybe the Den at 1, instead of the bridge. Also the list I'm trying out might end up being pretty hard, adjust yours accordingly. Just a friendly heads up.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Nope. I play any lists anytime. I dont think my list is soft by any measure. I will see you there

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:03 pm

I actually love that an O&G player can say they're bringing a hard list. Smile

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Its the simple loss of the animosity rule that finally made the O&G a straight up Warhammer army instead of being thought of as a "fun" army.

I'll grab the game next Thursday Nathan, I'd like to try out my onslaught warriors vs your Equatine Knights

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:55 pm

Deal

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Nathan and i had a fun game today. Turn one his war machines couldnt miss. First he nearly stomped my bombardiers off the table...out of four there was only one with one wound left but he didnt run. His war machines put a few wounds on one of my giants and took down my cannon chariot( i had misfired to put one wound on it). I did get my revenge in turn three my kineaters gobbled them up.
He had two chariots charge my ogre unit with a third failing and i smashed those chariots to pieces. I yhen charged the third which fled and i redirected into his horde of savage orcs. Nathan enthusiastically welcomed this charge until we tallied up my attacks. 8 impacts, 21 character attacks bc of a frenzy spell and 48 regular attacks plus my six stomps. Nathan still managed by init to swing back 30+ times but in the end was run down.
I then got hit by his mangler causing a total loss of 7 ogres...not quite enough for him to count half points. My ogres with 2 kineaters wrecked shop on a unit of gobbo bowmen and turned to watch the rest of the game.
I did magic a wound off his general in wyvern and my scraplings managed to shoot down his gobbo wizard and the last wound on the mangler.
My giant took two rounds to smash his bsb to a pulp while only taking one wound from the rest of a unit of boar boy biguns and another character...he was plus ond tough and strength.
In the end i won by 1044 pts for a 15 to 5 victory

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Hey dudes, anyone feel like a game this Thursday evening? I'll be rocking the O&G green as usual.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:46 pm

I should be able to do a game Thursday!

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:13 pm

Sounds great, should we try for the den around 6? I think 40k meets Thursdays but if we get there early we should be able to grab a table.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:56 pm

Sounds good!

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Cool

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. Today at 2:55 pm

Game with Dwayne the other night was fun.

Time ran out on us so we only made it to top of turn 4, some of the notable happenings in the game included:

Turn one charge from my wolf chariots into a pack of zombie wolves, annihilating them. Turn one charge from Dwayne's black coach into my wolf riders, breaking them and causing them to flee, incurring a panic test on the chariots, which passed! Thank goodness they did, panicking chariots are a sad thing.

Turn 2 charge from my chariots into Dwayne's black coach, inflicting 6 wounds in impact hits I needed him to fail 4 to kill it... he saved 4 instead, swinging back he managed enough wounds to lose by only 1, the coach survived and by the end of that combat was infused with all kinds of dark energy! If the game had gone longer this thing would have been MVP, I'm sure of it.
On my turn 2 I also attempted to make some charges from my feral orc eadbasher horde, lord on wyvern and boar chariots, with a waagh declared it was looking promising. I failed all but the lord, who charged 2 winged reapers, and wooped some ass! He killed 1 outright and wounded the other once, taking only one wound himself he crumbled the unit overrunning into the VC zone.
On Dwayne's second turn her charged the exposed flank of my feral orcs with his barrow knights, almost killing my Shaman lord and winning combat, removing their frenzy.

Turn 3 from me saw my boar rider unit with 2 heroes charge the flank of his barrow knights, the characters managed to inflict 4 wounds (I think), then my riders and all the boars attacked... didn't even inflict 1 wound.... This resulted in the unit surviving, being healed the next turn, then killing my shaman. ON Dwayne's turn three he charged my feral orc horde with a horde of skeletons and ghouls, which looked like a good idea, until the ferals attacked. I won combat but still didn't quite manage to kill the barrow knights that had my boar riders tied up, they survived thanks to a wight king bsb in range. Another notable event was a succesful casting of lightning bolt from the VC lord onto my Orc warboss, inflicting 2 wounds and almost killing him!

The game ended with about 30 or so points difference in my favour. However I do think Dwayne had more momentum going forward, with a full strength general, 3 wizards to my 0, and a black coach with like 13 charges on it, my remaining force would have been hard pressed to compete. My only chance would have lie in my war machines knocking out his lord, not an easy thing to do.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 Today at 6:16 pm

Black coach is a beast. But was lucky with the ward save from your catapult; taking ordinance wounds once it gains flying would suck. He did hold my flank pretty well though.

Both of us had a lot in reserves that didn't get a chance to shine. Your giant was a bit indecisive in the backfield which was good for me and my general not getting into combat early on was a misplay on my part as well.

Overall it was a good game; My barrow knights sticking it out for as long as they did was great for me. My winged reapers didn't get a chance to shine but that's what happens when you get charged by a wyvern riding iron orc.

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:15 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top