Getting back to work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting back to work

Post  Mhael on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:28 pm

So maybe one of my problems with painting is my hobby room is a disaster. I just spent an hour cleaning off one desk. I am going to organize my next table by priority projects so that if i tire of one model i can move down the line and come back to it on a future day. Shame to say i have been off work for three weeks and havent painted anything. Of course i have been busy planning a stag, a wedding, my wifes birthday, my anniversary, a weekend of house guests, finishing off my bathroom reno and looking for a new job. These arent excuses just reasons but now that my hobby room is decluttered it shouldnt seem so bad stepping into it

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting back to work

Post  squalie on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:37 pm

Holy Jeebus, do I hear a lot of excuses!!!

Seriously though, I completely understand. My hobby room is a disaster also and I waffle in indecision. Good to see you making an effort and telling the world!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:03 pm

I find it so hard to get motivated to paint. Especially if I don't have a project on the go. Getting the pile organized is a good start though!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:24 pm

I can't get motivated to paint unless I have a project....I'm still waffling between skaven and dark elves

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:05 pm

Ditto. I have wood elves that are just sitting there. Can't even be bothered to figure out where to start with them. Just gotta find an idea, throw on a comedy special or some tunes and put paint on figs. Thats what happened with o&g and I swear they are my most painted army haha! And my newest

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:10 pm

Sean you have many projects. How many grey armies do you own? Wood Elves, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, Tomb Kings? Any one of those could be your project. Just pick a color scheme and get painting! Paint up some test models and share them here so we can give feedback.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:26 pm

nathanr wrote:Sean you have many projects.  How many grey armies do you own?  Wood Elves, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, Tomb Kings?  Any one of those could be your project.  Just pick a color scheme and get painting!  Paint up some test models and share them here so we can give feedback.

Ha yeah i have alot of Grey plastic, (alot of it is primed tho) BUT not to thread jack (sorry Andre) I am currently working on O&G like crazy i just dont post pics because firstly i take shitty pictures and secondly because for some reason they always turn out sideways and im sick of people calling me out on that Smile depending on how much i get done this weekend i'll throw some pics up. On my thread Wink PRO TIP: when looking on a mobile tablet turn screen rotate off and stop fucking bitching about the rotated picture Smile or on a PC with Intel Video CTRL+ALT+ARROW keys rotates the screen for your viewing pleasure Smile

But if im being honest with myself Dwarves and Wood Elves might be on the chopping block to be sold... LOVE the idea of dwarves and i always roll a dwarf in anything i can. I just... its a boring ass army to paint, and to good on the battle field to be fun.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:21 am

Happy to say i am nearly completed my onslaught list. Made a few new bases and some unit fillers to show hand weapon and shield. Next up some paint on my current ogre list

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:27 pm

Good job Andre! keep going, once you get momentum you'd be amazed at how much you can get done.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top