Re: 9th Age in Edmonton

Post  squalie on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:46 pm

We can certainly leave earlier, I'm not doing anything anyways. Smile

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:46 am

I will be fueled up prior to meeting up so maybe a mall close to a tim's. Several on the way out of town. Home depot or river city mall i would say is the best choice

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:50 am

why not meet at your place Andre? There's a Tims close by and from your place it isn't far to get out of the city.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:08 am

I am cool with that. Just didnt want to initially suggest it and have it become 'ALL ABOUT ME'. Lol. Even if those who come over friday want to leave their packed armies I will load them up in the santa fe

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:54 am

What time on Friday night are people going to be starting to play at? I may want a game if it's possible. Gonna bring a hard AF O&G list if anyone wants to try me.

P.S. I Don't know what a hard AF O&G list even looks like, usually when I say that I end up a liar.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:57 am

Nathan.A. wrote:What time on Friday night are people going to be starting to play at? I may want a game if it's possible. Gonna bring a hard AF O&G list if anyone wants to try me.

P.S. I Don't know what a hard AF O&G list even looks like, usually when I say that I end up a liar.

A hard Apple Fritter?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:27 am

I will be in the garage by 7. The address is 218 coppermine cres. I was looking at some of the lists signed up for aos. Really want to check out some of the army lists/paint jobs

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:39 am

If I finish painting I'll be at andre's house Friday. If not I still might be painting Saturday morning

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:12 am

Solution, paint at Andre's house.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:20 am

For sure. I was going to set up two tables for gaming and one for painting anyway.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:03 pm

squalie wrote:
Nathan.A. wrote:What time on Friday night are people going to be starting to play at? I may want a game if it's possible. Gonna bring a hard AF O&G list if anyone wants to try me.

A hard Apple Fritter?  

Old people, lawl.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:46 pm

Nathan.A. wrote:
squalie wrote:

A hard Apple Fritter?  

Old people, lawl.
Very Happy

Yup - old AF

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:53 pm

I'm going to be in Osage (look it up) until later Friday, so I'll be at Andre's late Friday night or, of course, early Sat morning. Sorry peeps.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:05 pm

Don't get lost in the bustling metropolis of osage. I heard they finally got a stop sign

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:11 pm

I just have to monitor a crew and will make every attempt to say "they got this" and sneak away early.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:48 pm

Hey guys,

Last evening I got a call that my mom had a heart attack and so I headed out to humboldt, was there the rest of the night. Found out this morning that its her pace maker failing. She was moved to the city and won't have the replacement put in until tomorrow morning. She'll be fine but my weekend is out. Sorry for the late notice but shit happens.

Let me know how the day on Sunday goes, and have fun.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:16 pm

That's too bad to hear Carson, glad she'll be ok. If Nathan A. stops in at Andre's tonight convince him to come along.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:45 pm

So, who's left?

Don
Andre
Nathan R
Nathan M
Dwayne
Geoff?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:28 pm

I won't be able to make it to Andre's tonight for any games. There is a birthday supper happening that I forgot about.. because I was told, apparently. Anywho have fun everyone, good luck to all.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:27 pm

Sorry to hear that Carson. Glad to hear that she'll be ok.

We will roll dice for you out there!

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:21 am

It was a good weekend in Edmonton. Despite my rolling so poorly on EVERY single roll the WHOLE weekend. The worst conceding 2998 points and taking only 145 in return (yes it was that bad and i may have to melt down a few cubes of dice). Great road trip there and back, and if any of the onslaught guys are on thanks again for hosting i think we will plan a smaller event but if any want to make the trip down we'ld love to have you.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:29 am

It was a good time. I didn't fare so well (I never do) but I still had fun. Thanks Andre for setting everything up and driving.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Had a great time out in Edmonton. Great company. Not so great dice rolls. Currently pretty afraid of beast herd deathstars.

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:12 pm

Yes - Beastmen are alive and well in 9th edition. Good to see they're a force.

Big thanks to Andre for booking everything and driving fast and true! And Nathan for providing me a friendly place to sleep do I didn't end up in the ditch. Had an absolute great time and had 3 super nice opponents.  I got my tail kicked 2 out of 3 games, but didn't seem to mind. *** I forgot to mention I got 3rd place for painting and 1st place for Sportsmen. I shoulda been a Politician. ***

I fought  Mike's Beastmen and lost 1911 to 864, but had a few good scraps.  3 ambushing units of 25 Gor, 25 Gor and 21 Bestigors with totems really put the pressure on.  My Daemonettes just can't stand up to the toughness of Beastmen and my 20 Bloodletter unit with Herald of Khorne stood up pretty good to a 40 block of Bestigors with BSB and Beastlord so I was proud even in defeat.  The Bloodthirster soccer kicked a Ghorgon in the face to prove he's still the baddest mo-fo in the land.

Next game against another Mike and his Empire with another defeat with me losing 1341 to his 799.  The highlight and lowlight was my first turn charge with my Bloodthirster charging his Knight Commander in a unit of knights. His stupid mounted Witch Hunter stood and shot doing 3 WOUNDS before I crashed into him!  We went for the challenge with the Commander and thrashed for 4 rounds barely scratching each other until I finally stole the last wound.  His Halberdiers swallowed my Daemonettes easily and the Flagellants were a headache against my Letters.  

Last was me against High elves and the opponent was a super cool dude named Blair.  I won with me losing 1217 points to his 2399.  His mounted Prince in a unit of Dragon Princes charged my Letter Herald unit right out of the gate and I beat the ever lovin' tar out of those Knights of Ryma.  He fled with what was left and I ran him down.  His 40 block of spearmen was wrecking the opposite flank against my Daemonettes with the help of buff spells.  He had a unit of 24 Phoenix Guard (yikes) trying to control the centre of the battle filed, but I flank charged with my Letter unit and front charged with my Khannon and Blood Thirster.  1300 points of my army against his unit and again the few stragglers that were left tried to sneak home but the Chariot ran them down in a feeding frenzy.

Aside for a few slights to tarnish an otherwise splendid weekend (unpainted armies winning best General and hotel trying to charge $34 for lunch buffet) I'm AGAIN reminded why I love road trips with people I consider good friends to play I game I probably love a little too much.

We really need to do this as often as life allows.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 pm

Hey, you lazy bastards, how about some Battle reports from the Onslaught event? How did the Dwarfs, Ogres and VC do? I'm curious about Nathans' Knights of Equitane and the Knight unit sizes.

Anyways you bastiches, get posting!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top