New League Reports - July 15th

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New League Reports - July 15th

Post  Kal on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:52 am

Rules on casting modifiers says you cant get more then +3 without irresistible force. Just an fyi Smile its to stop the ability to stack like that. Ran into the same thing with an upity slann I beat up the other day Wink

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:43 am

Oh!  I didn't see that one.  Both affects are casting modifiers so can't go above +3.

Good catch!

The Altar of Undeath Dark Tome upgrade works the same way.  Make's it much less useful for lords but handy for all those necromancers healing back zombies.

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:04 pm

Very good catch.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:18 pm

Had 4 games on the weekend.

Friday night vs. Sean and Orcs. 11-9 for me!

vs. Nathan and his Brets. 14-6 for Nathan.

vs. Carson and his Warriors. big 20-0 for Carson!

Last game pulled a 12-8 win out of my ass vs. Franks Ogres.

Thanks to all the gamers that showed up!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:11 am

Me and Brian had a game O&G vs Warriors of Chaos

19-1 Victory for me. Classic Deployment Breakthrough Objective.

Brian went bold this list, bringing no Daemon Prince or Magic. Just pure khorne that hit hard as hell. Was a true blood bath on both sides, with a decisive Giant Bellow causing his general on a Juggy and his unit of crushers to flee. Giant managed to get luck with 1/6 wounds remaining. a Big swing of combat was when my Goblin King on a spider beat up a Chimera and chased it down 1st turn. Sean loves Goblin Kings... The same goblin king then got beaten up by Once Chosen causing little damage in return. A beefy unit of Warriors with a BSB beat up my trolls and Boar Boys only to get counter charged by an Arachnarok and my Stone Ork Idol, stomps and high toughness winning the day there, with the lone bsb remaining to get stomped to death by the Stone Idol. Brians Giant managed to destroy half a unit of Goblins and headbutt a goblin wizard to death before being taken down by a goblin king on foot! Again loving goblin Kings. Oh i should mention Brians general managed to rally back from the giant combat and weathered an insane storm of magic (seriously like 4 direct dmg spells) to then charge my HORDE of Savage Ork Big Un's with only 1 crusher as support. He challenged out my Savage Ork Big Boss and slaughtered him before he could even swing back... Chaos Lords hurt Razz. Only through combat res and my champion declining challenges did i manage to finally bring down his Chaos Lord. Was a fun game, I started with 3 wizards and 6 spells and ended with 1 wizard and 1 spell. I also managed to get a scoring unit into his deployment giving me a +3 in the end. Chaos definitely isnt as tough as it use to be, but i think once we get out of the old way of thinking with Chaos Warriors and into a new way of thinking that they will be a very tough army. Fun game, we got a rematch with a refined army of TRUE CHAOS set for tuesday. Think I'm going to dust off the Tomb Kings for this game.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:12 am

Carson and I had a game tonight, my Daemons vs his warriors. It was an excellent game with me almost extending my hand turn 4, but I took a deep breath and resolved to never quit, never surrender. It was big mess in the middle of the board (isn't it always) with my letters and thirster slugging it out with his general on chariot, his warriors and once chosen. Carson can fill in some details but by at the end of turn six I had won the game 14-6.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:55 am

Nathan and i tried out our onslaught lists tonight. I fully deployed to take turn one. Nathan had two scout units and one vanguard unit which would have been bad except between me misfiring and taking a wound on my close organ gun and poor rolling on my clan marksmen plus Nathan rolling armor and ward saves like a boss all game saved his preliminary foray. My second organ gun did manage a long distance soft cover shot on his skirmished bowmen to cause them to flee the rest of the game and retreat off his side.
Nathan's magic was also hot as he rolled above average for winds and channeled a few times. Plus one strength and tough caught me a few times but successfully casting no flying or shooting several times really limited a few charges and damage output. Nathans lore attribute to magic move quickly pulled him to my side running through the wounded organ gun and causing an engineer to flee.
I tried to stand and shoot against his generals unit but Nathan said NO and ran over that unit. My surviving organ gun managed to blast his green knight and then dodged a few trebuchet shots.
My hold guardians and 2 attack coptors took a few combats to cause Nathans generals unit to flee off the table spelling his doom in a plus 900 point loss.
My other unit of clan marksmen did little for shooting but did manage to beat a frenzied unit of peasents before they got through a forest with the help of two attack coptors on the flank resulting in them fleeing off the board.
I thought this game was going in the toilet but Nathan failed more than a few leadership tests giving me the win by 916 points. 14 - 6 for the dawi

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:06 am

I thought I had the game in the bag, just needed to survive one round of combat before my countercharges arrived but then everyone in the unit failed to wound and I lost by 3, failed a re-rollable 6 break test and fled. Lost my general, bsb and wizard in one fell swoop. They should have been able to do some damage, I had 4 attacks at S7 with my lord (who also has lethal strike (ordinance)) and 4 S6 attacks from my BSB. I needed to do 2 wounds to be steadfast but it just wasn't to be. The peasant crusaders breaking didn't help me out either. LD7 isn't great, I'll need to remember to keep them within range of the BSB if I can.

Andre mentioned that my magic was good and it was although I forgot the magic phase entirely turn 2.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:10 am

Sounds like a good game, lots of swings both ways. That sounds like a very eggs in one basket unit Nathan, no way you can spread the characters out? Im trying to limit my units to 1 character each,

Dwarves are still tough to eh, wonder if ambushers are the right way to deal with a gunline...

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:26 am

I'm going to answer you in the army list thread.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:55 pm

Wow, I was just answering your army list thread Nathan and then read this.....

My game with don was a real learning experience. As Don said we were ready to wrap it up turn4, we kept playing , and I got real sloppy in game play as a result......not directing attacks at his sole survving bsb from a bloodletter unit, charging in my warriors when I didn't need to, not bothering to move once chosen models into combat......the game was won right!

So.......Dons bloodthirster with 1 remaining wound decided to outright kill my general, chaos warriors and bsb in 1 turn of combat and send my once chosen fleeing.......a nice 1000pt swing.

I couldn't even be upset about it, it was so cool.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:08 pm

Wow bloodthirster dealing out some punishment eh? This wasnt the game from Don's Basement Weekend was it? did you report that one?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:20 pm

I agree, Andre kept his head even when nothing was going his way and it paid off for him in the end. I on the other hand, when things started going wrong I multiplied my problems by throwing good points after bad.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Kal wrote:Wow bloodthirster dealing out some punishment eh? This wasnt the game from Don's Basement Weekend was it? did you report that one?

No, this was last night (as stated), I was in Saskatoon for the night. Also, at the start of the game Carson told me I was silly for throwing my Thirster at his lord.

I friggin showed him who the REAL lord of Chaos is. Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:42 pm

Dom, was cool enough to drive to Moose Jaw today and bring his O&G against my Daemons.  By the end of turn 4, he only had a few models left on the table and I had only lost a unit of Crushers, he put his hand out for a 20-0 for me.  The worst rolling I have seen by Dom I think ever?  He was super gracious in defeat and even left a jar of Salsa, so he's always welcome back. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:49 pm

Dom and i had a game last night. Unfortunate for me my gun powder was wet. Dom got several bubble spells off to give him hard target and distracting. My guns then chose to be combat chargers which really didnt work too well. My miners cleaned up some war machines and took the last wound off a boar chariot. My hold guardians ran through every unit Dom put against them but in the end he won by 411 pts for a 12 8 win

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:51 pm

Nathan A and i faced off tonight. He came hard with savage orcs, general on a wyvern, a slough of boar riders and chariots and giant backed up by a few war machines.(1 was ornamental as he misfired and broke it turn one). By turn three it wasnt looking so good for me as Nathan had the bulk of his hitters on my flank that destroyed my hold guardians but failed to pursue off the table and ended in close range of two organ guns and my high powered marksmen. Two rounds of shooting took them to seal his fate while my flyers cleaned up some other stragglers. Mvp to my miners who came on turn two, charged and destroyed a doom diver turn 3 but failed to overrun into a unit of boar chariots. They then withstood charge impacts and 6 rounds of combat to prevent the chariots from doing anything else. In the end I won by 800+ points

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:37 am

Had a game with Carson last night with both of us trying out our Onslaught lists. My knights elected to go second and Carson began his advance across the table. I shut him out on magic all game and in my turn 1 I charged and killed his barbarian horsemen who had the only shooting weapon in his army. Elsewhere my crusader knights declared a dual charge on his dragon ogres which elected to flee. I redirected into his forsaken with one of my knight blocks and wiped them out entirely. My general's unit set up to charge his nurgle-marked monstrous infantry next turn. Everything went my way from the start and continued that way throughout the game. I dropped a rock directly on top of a chariot and rolled 4 wounds to kill it. That panicked the large block of barbarians that were standing next to it which fled, taking them out of charging range. I slammed home with my general's unit into the monstrous infantry which held, setting Carson up for a flank charge with his other chariot which managed to only do 1 wound. I then countercharged and broke both. Meanwhile my questing knights fought a fierce battle with the dragon ogres which another unit of crusader knights finished off. By the end of turn 4 all that Carson had left was a unit of warriors and his general (which had beat down the green knight one on one). He failed a charge with his warriors and then extended his hand as I would have then been free to bring the pain next turn with multiple knight charges on all sides as well as magic and trebuchet rocks at his general.

It was good to get out and play a game but it would have been better if Carson's luck had been better. I like the even games better. Thanks for hosting Carson. When I got home I checked and found 2 wolves still on the sprue so you have a choice of poses.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:44 am

Sounds like Carson is in the rebuilding phase...

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:50 am

Still has a mathematical shot at the playoffs, just like the Riders!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:50 am

It was gross, but a fun game against Nathan as always. My balls still hurt.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:27 am

Played a game against Nathan A's Hard AF Orcs and goblins last night. It was Hard AF. My questing knights went ignored and wrecked Nathan's backfield, wiping out 3 war machines and a small unit of orcs with his level 4 wizard and my trebuchets were on-point killing his mangler squig and taking his giant down to 2 wounds first turn. Other than that my army struggled. His horde of iron orcs absorbed a double lance charge like it was nothing and in the end there was nothing left but the crying. Still, it was a fun game and he brought beer so I can't complain too much.

That magic banner that negates all magic items is pretty mean.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:14 am

Played a game with Dom last night. His Orcs and goblins vs my Sylvan Elves. I like 5000 points for a limit, I feel like I can take more than at 2500 in the old point system. Maybe my brand of sylvan elves got cheaper in 1.2 though. Either way I felt pretty confident in my selections. Once deployment was over I was slightly less confident as Dom's greenskin horde filled his deployment zone from one end of the table to the other. My waywatchers would have loved to deploy behind the greenskins but there was no room for them so they settled in at the midpoint of the table to take potshots where they could. My 2 eagles resigned themselves to make the ultimate sacrifice in order to protect my army from the 2 mangler squigs.

It was a hard-fought game with some highlights being my treekin smashing his savage orcs, a lone wild hunter champion charging face-first into some goblin archers and not only winning combat, but breaking and running them down too. His goblin wolf riders keeping the other wild hunters and my general busy all game, my archers pin-cushioning one of his giants the turn before he was to charge and wreck said archers. Overall I like the changes in V1.2, war machines are pretty deadly now, even when built and crewed by goblins and magic is pretty mediocre.

In the end it was a tie with 97 points separating us. We didn't play any secondary objectives but if we had I think it still would have been a tie, there was still a lot of fight left in both armies.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:02 pm

I had a game over a week ago with my Daemons against Doms Orcs and Goblins and it didn't work out very well for the Greenskins. The details are vague now, but I think I won 18-2, but Dom can feel free to correct that if necessary. His dice didn't like him much at all and once I started getting momentum, I just kept going.

Had a game against Carson last night, My Tomb Kings against his Warriors. By turn 3 I was just rolling dice to entertain Carson as my army was crumbling. My right flank had only Chariots and my King in a Chariot, which wasn't near enough. My left flank had the meat, but only his Giant to worry about. Super poor deployment on my part meant that He could do as he pleased in the table centre, ...BUT my 2 Units of Necro Knights and 10 strong unit of Ushabti (Love this unit) started to change the tide of the game. By the end, I had closed the game from an 18-2, to a much closer.....not sure as we didn't add it up. Carson had his Once chosen, Warshrine and General on board, so maybe he can figure it out. Smile

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:04 pm

My once chosen with sorcerer, warshrine and general came in at 2246......of 5000. If it wasn't for my general stepping in for the last two turns you could of ended up winning this. Those ushabti killed anything they touched!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top