Sean's Wood Elves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean's Wood Elves

Post  Kal on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:42 am

So i think im going to take a break from buying models for a while and actually paint and build one of my armies lol. BUT on that note, new Wood Elf Army Smile REALLY need help thinking of a paint scheme... i'm not really an "elf" guy but i really love these figs. I'm leaning 3 ways on this but dont know how to execute any of these ideas so i'm looking for advice, paint colours (names) and just opinions on what you guys think would look good. Also base ideas....

1 = Like the elves from the Hobbit, leaning towards this idea as a "traditional" paint scheme. with Grassy wooden bases with lots of Brown Leather, Green cloaks and somekind of gold/bronze armour.

2 = WINTER - i think i like this idea more in my head, i dont think i could execute it properly but what id want would be brown leathers with alot of blues and greys with Snow bases.

3 = Purple - now this is just because i really want a purple army.... just again wouldnt know how to execute. browns leather and purple cloaks with grass and stuff? not sure.

Anyways thanks guys!!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sean's Wood Elves

Post  nathanr on Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:20 am

purple sounds interesting. you could combine 2 and 3 though. Purple and white would look great together and you'd get your winter theme.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:54 pm

Yeah? Ou... Might look good eh? Thinking about it thinking about it... I just dont feel confident about doing snow. U all saw how bad my chaos Warriors show turned ou

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:48 am

Ok these are mostly done and drying now, need some highlights and a wash on the red haired one. But i'm mostly just trying to pick out a grass colour... honestly not really liking any of them. Yellow = Mix of Both, Red = Dark Army Builder, White = Citadel Grass.

Lets hope these turn out right side up for you guys Wink

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:40 am

I like the red one the best but it needs something added. I've got some flowers that you could use to give a splash of color if you'd like, or you could add some leaves or rocks or something.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:57 am

Those are pretty good! It's good to see them in the hands of someone that will paint them. Smile

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:32 am

@ Nathan - Thanks and i completely agree, they arnt done yet but i'm still trying to figure out how to break up the grass. I may take you up on the flowers. I think thats exactly what the bases need. I was originally going to go with rocks as i was having a hard time creating a fallen log effect because every fallen tree i put on the bases looked either to small or to big.

@ Don - Thanks Don, i actually really like the blade dancer figs, and thats SUPER weird for me because i HATE metal figs. HATE. But these guys are fun to paint, was kind of difficult to straight all the bent swords out, so some of them have slight curves to them still. Unavoidable but i'm hoping they end up looking like scimitars or something....

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:55 am

Like the red best also, try some sand with grass glued down on top

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:08 am

*** So turns out red is the one that i Mixed not yellow.

@ Carson.... Ok... now would that work? Because i have some Citadel Sand... (which is obvi better than real sand)

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:52 am

Ok so im really liking this army. They do MSU waaaay better than Dwarves. Lol the initiative 5 really helps with that lol. Bladedancers seem crazy good. I think 2/4 of their dances are super useful but all 4 are valuable in certain situations. With the +1 attack dance they all get 4 attacks in combat. Or the 3+ ward save dance if u gotta be defensive. Anyways just really wanted to post saying how awesome they are, like Slayer Elves!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:08 am

Hrm... they are skirmishers... didnt realize this during our game... like them less now... much much less...

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:40 am

BASE IDEAS?! Brainstorming

Mushrooms?
Toad Stools?
Stumps?
Rocks?
Logs?
Souls of my enemy that i have crushed under booted heel?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:21 pm

Ive always wanted to see wood elves in a snowy forest.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Yep, trees, logs, bushes, rocks and then theme it towards whatever season you're going for. Winter=snow & brown/yellow grass, Summer = green grass and lots of foliage, spring=lighter green and flowers, fall=reds, oranges, yellows

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top