Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower

Post  ScottRadom on Fri May 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Bought it, not cheap. 51 miniatures and quite nice in quality and originality. Any Tzeentch players out there would have loved these Cultist and Bestigor mini's especially.

Can't comment on the game itself yet as the assembly is quite elaborate and not something I wanted to just pound through. Bought it to play with the kids, maybe even the wife. Flipped through the rules and they seemed fun enough but nto as dead simple as old school Milton Bradley/GW HeroQuest was back in the day.

But all tolled at around a hefty $200 after tax I don't feel at all slighted. It seems like another well done GW boxed game with mini's I was surprised by. I'd put the quality easily in the league of Space Hulk.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower

Post  squalie on Fri May 20, 2016 9:14 pm

I was very impressed with the figs and would definitely like to try the game. I hate taking away from Warhammer time, but I'd like to try this and that Bloodbath game Carson has. And that's saying something as I'm not a board game guy.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Wed May 25, 2016 1:30 pm

I played a game on Saturday. It really is quite easy to play, although it requires a fair bit of referencing during the turn sequence. Effectively the mechanic involves the players taking it in turns to be the 'Dungeon Master'. He/she manages the random events and minions on the board. Although you might think it may be better to just have 1 dungeon master throughout, it allows for the element of back-stabbery that makes these sorts of boardgames intriguing.(i.e. you and I are surrounded by minions, but somehow none of them direct attacks at me this turn! Hmmm!)
There is an element of experience gain that you can carry-over into future gaming sessions. You gain skills and treasures, but they aren't easy to come by. Fun times, and seems like re-play value will be high.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed May 25, 2016 1:51 pm

As interested as i am i feel like for a non gaming group to sit down and play it would be easier and faster to play something else and for an experienced gaming group that would be drawn to something like this that it would be better to actually play D&D or just Warhammer, imo lol

Ive had Chaos in the Old World on my shelf forever. never played once.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Wed May 25, 2016 7:00 pm

Chaos of the old world is actually an awesome game! It was one of my earliest introductions to Warhammer Fantasy

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed May 25, 2016 10:53 pm

Kal wrote:As interested as i am i feel like for a non gaming group to sit down and play it would be easier and faster to play something else and for an experienced gaming group that would be drawn to something like this that it would be better to actually play D&D or just Warhammer, imo lol

Ive had Chaos in the Old World on my shelf forever. never played once.

Holy crap, that sentence is one long run-on sentence full off grammatical nightmares. I tried 3 times and had a Tylenol instead...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:57 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top