Kingdom of Equitaine

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kingdom of Equitaine

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:35 am

Impact hits is 20.  It is hard to beat the war banner.

If only the peasant crusaders added to the strength of the holy reliquary's impact hits. Would make the unit even more fearsome.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:41 am

Yeah for 15 points War Banner almost seems an auto include.

I'm not gonna lie i really love the Peasant Crusaders like alot, the idea of them, their tricks. Love the way you modeled and painted your unit but its sucky to hear they arnt really preforming for you...

If i could do a Bret army with NO mounted unit... oh damn that would be awesome. Peasant Crusaders EVERYWHERE

Are they what men at arms use to be or would i beable to run those as well? Like Empire Lite

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:42 am

I'd think seriously about putting all your characters into one block. Death stars are very prevalent now but all it takes is the loss of that unit and its game over. Chaff and redirectors could ruin your day.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:39 pm

An all peasant army is more viable than ever. You'd probably still want a smattering of knights for their leadership (peasants within 6" can use their leadership as if they were the general). You can even field questing knights on foot if you want.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Naw, trying to get Bret models now would be near impossible. And i'm lazy and cheap Razz

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:03 pm

You make a good point Carson and I honestly don't like having all my characters in the same unit. If I could deploy my general with the questing knights and still have them scout I would do that. I just don't want to miss out on the re-rolling charges. That is a pretty huge benefit.

that said, I didn't even know about that rule at Don's and I still did pretty well so maybe I should stick with what I had.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Yeah i try and stay away from deathstars (i hope a horde of orks with general dont count...)

But i completely agree Nathan, its one thing i try and get the new players we have / had to learn is do not change your list every damn game! you wont get use the the army that way. i try and roll a Minimum 3 games with each list before i keep or tweak it.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:21 pm

For new guys that's a very good rule of tumb. I've played Brets for long enough that I can usually tell if something is working or not. One thing I will probably be changing in this list is my Lord's magic items. He just doesn't perform very well and I think I can do better.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:22 pm

I'm not even making the assumption that i know anything in 9th anymore... ive been burned to much man, No

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Fluff wise an o and g list should almost always have one horde unit. My ogre unit may have to change as its tough to maneovre them tgrough terrain sometimes.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:06 pm

One other change I'm toying with is getting rid of the Yeoman Outriders and Brigands and adding a unit of pegasus knights with devastating charge and barding. The Outriders and Brigands haven't really done much of anything in my games other than take a round of shooting and die/flee and I think the pegasus knights would be good for protecting my backfield. It's pretty much a straight up swap point-wise. In fact I could probably even squeeze out enough points to upgrade my archers into crossbowmen if I really wanted to as well.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:45 pm

Yes to both of those things

I even asked you last time where the badass Peg knights were!!! Yes do it. Make it happen, has it happened yet? Crossbows str 4 much nice ! or fit that dispel scroll on a lvl 1 if you can Wink

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top