2016 garagecon

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016 garagecon

Post  squalie on Fri May 13, 2016 10:13 pm

So I was going to print out the 1.0 version of 9th rules. It states all the most recent changes are in Green...but I don't see any green. Is there any/many changes from the .99 version? Is it worth printing a new rulebook or do I just need to white out a line here and there?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri May 13, 2016 10:58 pm

I printed it out, not sure of whgats changed from version to version but mine came out with color. I'm stickin around home tonight but will be at Andre's by 9 ish.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Sun May 15, 2016 10:47 am

They seem to have gotten rid of the changelog, so maybe that is the change

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun May 15, 2016 11:33 am

Thanks Andre for hosting some games at your house.

I had another very close match until the final turn vs Andre yet again. Every time we have a game it goes right to the wire and then some huge swing happens. Great games.

Played my last game against Dwayne's new 1.0 warriors of the wastelands. Through no fault of Dwayne's, this was an extremely frustrating game as my army seemed to fight more against me than Dwayne's. I still had a chance to make it close but everything unraveled on turn 6.
Warriors are still alive and well in 9th age. Probably the biggest surprise to me were 5 chaos knights and bsb on daemonic steed who ground down and killed a vampire lord in a 40 block of barrowguard.......but thats kind of how the game went. Beware......change magic is very, very nasty.

Fun to play "warhammer" again. 9th age is an extremely well put together rules system and I look forward to playing alot more games.

Anytime someone wants to pop by for a game....weekend or weekday, just give me a buzz.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon May 16, 2016 8:32 am

I had a good time too. Thanks again Andre.

Played 2 games of 9th Age on Friday night. Dom's Ogres ground my dwarfs into the dust. Impact hits are a bitch. I got a bit of revenge against Andre's flying/shooting dwarfs, I actually closed the distance against his guns and got to swing a few times so that felt nice. We played to an early morning draw. I think the game ended at 2:00 A.M. Saturday afternoon I played a game of Flames of War against Lorne. It was a bit of a weird game, his King Tigers kept getting stuck in the mud and my fearless paratroopers kept failing their motivation tests to assault. Then the odd time that they did pass the motivation tests they'd fail to hit and them fail the next motivation test. Eventually I managed to get a whole platoon of infantry into the assault and they did their thing, bailing out the active KT and then swarming the bogged down tanks as well. Elsewhere my Cromwells and M10's were lighting up the lesser-armoured vehicles and my artillery were pinning down his infantry. The highlight for me (other than killing 3 KT's) was my M10's destroying a platoon of 5 Panzer IV's in my first turn of shooting. Lorne as always was a good opponent. I never saw a crack in his cool, even when his second King Tiger got stuck in the mud after he failed to unbog the first one for the 3rd turn in a row.

Only disappointment this weekend was seeing how few guys showed up. Sean your imaginary friends decided to remain imaginary, none of them showed up. Nor did any Moose Jaw people of whom only Don seems to have a valid reason and even that is pretty weak Laughing . Lets make the next one worth the effort that Andre put into this one.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon May 16, 2016 9:49 am

Friday night I had a...game ? Vrs andre. It was more me pushing models forward and then taking them off the table. Even when I did close the door I bounced Surprised !

Other then that I got andre and Dwayne to try out my game system for the first time and help put some input into some problems. It was good to actually make use of all the "work" I have put in so far and gives me a bit of motivation to keep working on it. Thanks for trying it out guys

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Don't ever stop making fun of guys that don't show up - even if it's me. Smile

Garagecon is pretty much my favorite event and environment. I think Andre has the perfect set up to enjoy a day of gaming with nice weather. I was pissed I didn't make it. To make matters worse, I may not even take the position after the interview. I had a long chat this morning with my DM and there's some big things happening where I am and we ran some numbers - things look good if I stay. Ah well, I'll figure it out.

I'll make it up to you guys, I promise.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue May 17, 2016 10:13 am

My imaginary friends have all turned to 40k now, my house has a Tau player, a Dark Angel Player and a Necron Player. Brian has sold his Chaos army and hasnt/doesnt want to touch his lizards in months. Honestly boot them from the league for real this time. They are out. HE player has completely lost any desire to play and the other Chaos guy i doubt we will see rolling dice until the nice weather is gone, AKA winter. On that note me and Don are having a game this week so I'm not going anywhere. and i primed my tanks and am super pumped for FOW still (going to buy my infantry if im in Regina this Friday)

My reason was work. Completely valid. Plus its super hard/ fustrating to measure and move hordes of skeletons with one hand.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue May 17, 2016 11:28 am

Ok, I'll drop them from the league. Any games played by anyone against those guys will be removed as well since they did not pay (and never will).

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue May 17, 2016 11:36 am

nathanr wrote:Ok, I'll drop them from the league.  Any games played by anyone against those guys will be removed as well since they did not pay (and never will).

Yup, sounds fair. Sorry guys i tried to get them more into it. Thought the league would encourage games.

So anything going on this weekend?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:47 pm

I know the summer gets really busy but i thought i would open a discussion to see about our next games day. I am busy in august with a stag, wedding and wifes bday takes up 3 weekends

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:17 am

Which 3? If you have a weekend in August that's free, maybe I'll host one up!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:14 am

August 1-7th im on call so I cant leave moose jaw. Other than that im good to go

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:57 pm

I'm open all of august.

That being said, If Sean can make it down to Saskatoon this coming Saturday we could wrap of the playoffs. My in laws are still here but I could make this work if I hosted the day. (playoffs plus new league games right)!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:10 pm

Looks like Aug 6th or 27th. 1st is the long weekend which will be tough regardless of my schedule. I think i am also free july 23

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:23 pm

July 23rd I'm in Edmonton, but next weekend we could make a day of it?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:07 pm

As of right now all my weekends are not looking good. I've got very little in the middle of the week though other than work so if anyone is in town weekday evenings let me know.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:47 pm

I am in the process of renovating my bathroom not sure if i can make next weekend work other than impromptu

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:25 am

In preparation for onslaught i will be opening up my heated garage for some gaming Friday night the 21st for games. Anyone even those not attending onslaught feel free to stop by.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:27 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top