2016 Spring League

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016 Spring League

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:00 pm

If it upsets you guys that MJ guys are having more games then Saskatoon guys or that im the one having most of the games then i can just stop reporting them honestly, i thought we had already dealt with this in the fact that IF they didnt come to some events they didnt count. Just saying

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:29 pm

I'm not upset and I don't think anyone else is either. Honestly it's great that you're getting so many games in, I wish I could. We've got the league set up so that everyone has a shot at playoffs so don't worry about that.

Also, everyone needs to be aware that only people who have paid their league fees are actually in the league so when playoff time comes if you have a bunch of games against people who haven't paid you'll end up losing those game points. That way it puts pressure on everyone to pay up.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:40 am

I honestly don't even remember that game. In my mind though I've won every game I've ever played, I have a different criteria for "victory".

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:38 pm

Ok, I'll adjust the results of that game and include it in next weeks update.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:44 pm

Meh lets just veto the game or not tbh i dont rly care about a couple points or a win its just i honestly swear i had you dead, Phoenix fled to my Skele block, borrowed "Necrosphinx" died to your Swordmasters being RLY fast and one of them using his 6+ sword deflect save to stop a stomp attack haha, I shot ineffectively at your White Lions armoured pelts, Tomb Guard ended up taking the white lions out after they obliterated some skele archers and i made your Reavers and 10 man archer units flee from combat last turn for 1/2 points while your Seaguard block remained untouched holding of my Horde of skeles after they chased the phoenix off the field. ha twas a close game.

Im a little hurt that you dont remember the ONLY game of 9th we've ever had Don or that it was the first game me and u have had in months. Now im just sad... time to start posting some bad poetry and wearing black!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:04 pm

Hey, if we play 3000 pt games do they still count for the league?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:06 pm

Of course, it just means a little more math on my part because my spreadsheet is set up for 2500 points. That said, I might tweak it a bit so it uses percentages rather than hard numbers. That'll make it more flexible.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Oh damn, i dont want to make it more difficult for you man Razz we can stick to 2500 points its just the new players just want to add ALL the toys instead of some of them haha, but i can understand that Wink

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:34 pm

No by all means play whatever point level you want, it isn't difficult at all. It is a change I should make to the spreadsheet anyway.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:02 am

I've updated the league standings, sorry I've dropped the ball the last few weeks but there weren't many games reported so I don't feel too bad about it. There are still some guys who haven't paid the $10 league fee. Their names are marked with an asterisk in the standings. If they haven't paid by the end of next month they will be dropped from the league and any games anyone else has played against them will not count for league points.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:38 am

Ill get my guys to pay. And yeah personally Nathan if there are less then 5 games played i wouldnt stress about updating the list weekly. Not worth it.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:26 am

I've again updated the standings. This is the final week for this league so if you haven't paid yet you better get on it.

How do we want to do playoffs? Should we make it a long, drawn out affair with the top 4 from each list (points and average score) or just pit the top average score guy vs. the top points guy and be done with it? Or should we do something in-between? I'm open to suggestions.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:35 pm

This league was a little stop and go as we were all learning 9th age and all trying to get back into the warhammer swing, and with so many new players i'm honestly ok with either skipping a playoff (until next league) and wiping the slate clean or just going with something simpler.

On that note i have a new player for next league, Danny (Brian's Brother) he has Khorne/Nurgle Daemons and has already had a 2000 pt game against Brian for training purposes.

**P.S. it doesnt look like the standing updated? Were the games from Andre's garage recorded ever?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:03 pm

They were updated but I forgot to change the W/L/T numbers.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:53 pm

I vote for a traditional playoff, whatever that is.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:11 pm

Ok, to keep things simple I'll go with a 2-round playoff format.  Top Points, Top Average, then next top points and next top average.

I've updated the standings and it looks like Sean is the top dog for points with 264 and Dom for average at  11.95.  Next for points would be Dom with 239 but as he's already in we'll go with Carson with 192.  Second place for average was Frank at 11.33 but as he didn't pay his league fees he's not eligible.  Sean is next with 11.00 but he's in already so Andre gets the last playoff spot with 10.39.

Playoff matchups will be as follows:

Sean vs. Carson
Dom vs. Andre

If anyone forfeits their playoff spot Don is next in both categories so he'll take any vacant spot.  You must declare what army book you will be using for the playoffs and your list cannot change between rounds.  Declare what army book you will be using in the following order:

1. Andre
2. Carson
3. Dom
4. Sean

Good Luck everyone!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:54 am

Andre, you're holding everything up. You've got to declare what army book you'll be using for playoffs. I'm guessing Dwarfs. If you haven't posted by midnight tonight you'll forfeit your spot. Carson, you will have the same deadline tomorrow. Otherwise we'll just call off the playoffs and I'll spend the $80 on something awesome for me.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:32 am

nathanr wrote:Andre, you're holding everything up.  You've got to declare what army book you'll be using for playoffs.  I'm guessing Dwarfs.  If you haven't posted by midnight tonight you'll forfeit your spot.  Carson, you will have the same deadline tomorrow.  Otherwise we'll just call off the playoffs and I'll spend the $80 on something awesome for me.

K, let's everybody JUST CALM DOWN!!! Smile It's alright everyone - Nathan and I are just upset because we can't win at Warhammer. Wink I would like to see how these games turn out though....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:20 am

Ha I can do this.

Andre - dwarf.
Carson - vc
Dom - Ogres
Sean - the undying might of my legion of tomb kings that will come eat your souls for lunch but maybe not your whole soul you know we are watching what we eat....tomb kings Smile

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:34 pm

I'm waiting for Andre damnit, but yes, I'm playing Vampire Covenant.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:03 pm

Let the list-making begin!

Andre - Dwarfs
Carson - Vampire Counts
Dom - Ogres
Sean - Tomb Kings

Please try to have your games in a somewhat timely manner.

Last edited by nathanr on Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Geez i missed this thread. Yes i will roll dice using dwarfs.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:09 pm

Doms in with ogres

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:09 pm

Dom and i played our game today. It was a savage rout for the dwarfs. Everything went right for me and everything went wrong for Dom.
Dom set up first to take turn one in the hopes of charging up the center. My guns disagreed. My Hold guardians disagreed. My two grudgebusters disagreed. The dice his and mine disagreed. Dom extended his hand turn 3 with a rock auroch (rolled 1 twice on strength 7 attacks) taken down by the grudgebusters. One unit of bulls fleeing and about to get charged off the table. Another unit of bulls severly softened by shooting even with a plus toughness got flank charged by my hold guardians, broke from combat and got run down also allowing me to flank charge his main unit of gw with characters that also felt the sever wrath of guild crafted handguns and 2x plus 1 to wound organ guns just prior to being charged by the hold guardians (organ guns got 30 shots of which i pulled off 4 and my to wound rolls had him pull off 7 ogres. At this point i had only lost one grudgebuster and a small handful of gunners.
Not too much else to say but the warhammer gods were angry with Dom.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Congrats to Andre, condolences to Dom. And now there are 3. Sean and Carson, any plans for your game? The rest of us should also start planning for the next league.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top