2016 Spring League

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016 Spring League

Post  nathanr on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:49 pm

We will reinstate the painting scores in the future but for now I think we should leave it out. It encourages people to start new armies, try new things and experiment with lists. This is a brand new edition with a full set of new army books all at once, lets not limit ourselves to the models we have painted just so we get the extra league point.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:10 pm

squalie wrote:
 Sean, I was talking about Brian. I know he's a mad painter and I give him huge props for that. That guy a passionate hobbyist and we need more of those. I'm talking about gamers that just slap models together and for 5 years I have to play against grey plastic.

Imagine being the guy waiting the 5 years for a painted army Very Happy

Anywho, I like the idea of this 50 point add on thing and I just want to make sure I am understanding it. So if you are the top in EITHER category you will receive 50 extra points THAT DO NOT contribute to the framework of your army points wise, and you can do whatever you please with them so long as it does not break any of the duplication rules.  

My only critique MAYBE is perhaps you should add a third 50 point toss in that is lets say a wildcard. I dont even care how you pick it.  As of right now Sean has... an impressive lead on everyone else in terms of points. And I accept the fact that Don and myself will most likely have equal back and forth games ( or rather he will whip my butt 8/10 ), so reaching a good average may be difficult unless I suddenly become besty's with this Brian fellow. So I was just thinking if we had this wildcard one it might give us lower tier people a boost every now and then. Again this is just an idea to kick around but It is one I would like to see implemented.

And as for you Sean, I expect to see you and this "crew" of yours soon at Don's soon :\

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:20 pm

@ Nathan - Ah see you didnt say that anywhere. But yes that is indeed very clear and as or right now i can not find a loophole... but im working on it Smile Love you too Nathan.

As for the 50 extra points, i will not be using them. I have my reasons that i will not post here. Just for future reference all my games are same points as my opponent (2400)

Just a reminder to all of my fans out there (looking at you Carson) you have Don Anthony (definitely his middle name) Matwe to thank for introducing me Smile

@ Don - IT IS SOOO easy, im definitely going to get in on this.

Not sure if you actually are busting balls here but just incase my army IS legit getting there. Painted more skeles this week... painted some 40k figs... im all over the place tbh. but even as one of the non painted masses i think that an extra nodd for painted armies (that you painted *looks at Frank*) should count for something. Armies you paid to get painted.... not so much. IMO Its your work take the credit and the reward. If it isnt your paint job, well... your reward is not looking at plastic.

@ Frank - You know there are other opponents besides Don in MJ right? They use the Saskatoon Warhammer forum tho so if you want to set up some games you will have to sign up on the Saskatoon Warhammer Forum and post that your looking for games sometime, im certain they will answer you Smile

As soon as Don posts a date my "crew" will show.

TLDR - i think painted should count for something and that the +50 points should just be dropped. My opinion for what it is even worth anymore.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:25 pm

@Sean - It remains to be seen if these people exist or not Smile And i thought this was the Saskatoon Forum for warhammer.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:59 pm

I just spent 15 minutes trying to follow this thread. I now have a headache and I'll never get those 15 minutes back. Is it possible to hire some poor soul to read these posts of Sean and then let everyone know if its even worthwhile to pay attention?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:03 pm

Yep, this one in particular was like banging my head against the wall. Sean if you don't want to use the extra 50 points that's fine. That is your choice. Frank, that is a good idea. I'll come up with a way to randomize an extra 50 points each week.

I'm open to suggestions for these extra points, maybe make it 100 but a one-time use throughout the week and if you lose you lose an extra 2 points or something.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:13 am

Standings have been updated, check the first post!

I'll be figuring out the new scoring system this week and I'll hopefully have it up and running for next week's update. If you play games this week, post your results with the Victory point difference and how many points you were playing.

The point level listed in the updated rules is 2500 but we can stay with 2400 if people would rather.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:18 am

Ive already started making 2500 pt lists, but if everyone wants to stay with 2400 im ok with either.

Missing game Nathan. Ryen vs Brian - Major Victory for Brian.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:15 am

Kal wrote:Missing game Nathan. Ryen vs Brian - Major Victory for Brian.

It isn't in the league reporting thread so it hasn't been counted. I'm not going to count games that are reported anywhere other than the proper thread.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:28 am

Fair enough

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:01 pm

I thought that make believe people were not allowed in the league. Once they show up to an event............then maybe!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:12 am

I've updated the standings and adjusted the previous results to match the new point system. Previously reported massacres were scored as 17-3, Major victories were scored as 15-5, Minor victories were scored as 12-8 and draws were scored as 10-10. With the new scoring system you may notice that you have moved on the leaderboards this week despite not playing any games.

As always, report your games in the league reporting thread. If it is not reported there it will not be counted for the league as I'm not going to search for results in more than one thread. If you report it elsewhere I'll assume that it was a just for fun game and you don't want it reported. Also, when you are reporting games please start the post with the results like this:

Nathan R. vs Sean, Win for Nathan R. 3700-12

After that you can write a novel if you like. The victory points are the most important part as that is how we determine the victory level. Even if your opponent concedes, add up the victory points (count anything left on the table for the conceding player as destroyed and any remaining banners captured).

If you are reporting more than 1 game in the same post please list all the results at the top of the post. It might make it harder to describe the games and have the reader know which game you are talking about but it makes my life a lot easier.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:35 am

Wow you really crushed sean that game...

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:37 am

It happens Razz Ill get him next game

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:49 am

Ok, fixed an error with my spreadsheet. It wasn't adding up the points for losses and in some cases draws. Now everything should be good and up to date.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:17 am

I've updated the standings, Sean has an impressive point lead.

Fun fact, Sean is 10/2/0 vs Brian, 2/1/0 vs Ryen, and 1/3/0 vs everyone else. I think for Brian's sake, Don needs to host a game weekend so Sean can get taken down a peg or two.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:25 am

Meh id play more people if i could. Believe me i dont even post every game we have because im starting to feel bad about it. Its not like i dont help them build lists or explain what they COULD / SHOULD do in certain phases tactically its just honestly... Brian rolled 12 dice yesterday needing 4's to hit... he hit twice... wounded once on anything but 1's... I cant MAKE them roll better. HELL i brought 3x units of 6 naked slayers in our last game! wana know what happened? ... EVERY unit died down to ONE unbreakable dwarf that held up the giant block of lizards for another turn, just shitty luck sometimes, and the fact that you guys insist no one gives up anymore so we are forced to finish EVERY game instead of having even more. Also the week before the league i lost to Brian 2/3 games we had that week.

And to be fair its also because ive known Brian for 10+ years and we have played hundreds of different games together, i know his play style and i'm an ass so i can psych him out SUPER easy haha, im kidding but seriously his Magic The Gathering record against me was more like 100 / 5 so its not THAT bad

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:27 am

Wait how am i 1/3 to you guys? Beat Don, Beat Nathan, Lost to Dom, Lost to Geoff

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:40 am

Mhael wrote:Sean vs Don- Don wins by 395 pts for a 6-4 result

Is this incorrect?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:43 am

I won Razz

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:54 am

Honestly im 90% sure about this, his sword masters failed a rear charge on my Tomb Guard, his two units of 10 archers got the charge on the Tomb Guard, along with his Reavers, i killed enough that they fled. and other then that we completely ignored the "Capture the Flag" objective. That was last turn before time ran out.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:08 pm

I'm just going by how they are reported. Right now I've got Andre's reporting saying one thing and Sean saying it went the other way several weeks after the fact. If Don cares to weigh in one way or the other...

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:27 pm

We will see what Don says, im fairly positive about this but we will see what happens.

Side note... technically every game i've had after the first week has been illegal... rules state that no army can fall more then 20 points below and i havent been using those extra 50 points, making all my lists 50 points below! knew id find a loophole that screwed me over... ha tisk tisk strike all my games from the record Wink

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:16 pm

For the love of God, I'm practically begging to get guys in my basement (not gonna lie - creepy writing that). Not sure what else I have to do, free pizza all the Warhammer you can take and the first one here gets a handjob (not from me).

Seriously, do I have to put these guys on a payroll?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:42 pm

Don - Chime in on who won that match Razz

oh and as per everything else, just set a FIXED date with a FIXED time and we will be there, "sunday" sometime doesnt work, because first thing in the morning on weekends i plan my day of sitting on the couch gaming, and i may be to um... lets call it "not sober" to come out later for a game! If you tell me a date and time and what/ who to bring i can promise you right here infront of the WHOLE FORUM that it will happen, hell post your invites here so that everyone can see your being the good guy and we are being the flakey asses, i get so many games in with these guys because me and Brian hang out constantly and the other ones just SHOW up at my house haha. Plus me Brian and Danny are moving in together and have a GIANT gaming room, like seriously Andre's garage sized, it use to be a Corner Store but now it is OUR GAME ROOM. So i can tell you me and brian will ALWAYS have a game on one of the 2-4 tables we are leaving permanently set up in that room, so we will be having many more games guarenteed.

*dibs on not first there*

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top