Post  The Apothecary on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:44 pm

What other than VC has Vampiric?

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9th Age Rule Questions :

Post  Kal on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:57 pm

Good point, ok here is the rule...

Vampiric (X) Models with this Special Rule can make march moves as normal even when outside the range of the General's Inspiring Presence. They still have to test Leadership if they are within 8 of enemy units. At the end of the close combat phase, units with this Special Rule can make a single Vampiric Roll if a Model part with this Special Rule cased least one wound during the phase. Roll aD6 for each Vampiric Roll, X+ a single wound is Raised to the unit, where X is the number stated within the brackets (a 1 is always a failure). Characters must cause wounds and roll for Raised wounds separately from any unit they are joined to.

So if a character has Vampiric 3+ and he does 2 wounds in that combat phase what the hell do i roll? Ha like i get the amount of wounds i get back is 3+1 for that character right? Just what does the dice need to show? just anything other then 1?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Ok I think we can assume this might just be funny wording on their part. This is how I read it and I know its not WORDED this way but this is what i believe they meant for it to be. Ok SO Vampiric, Blah blah blah vampires can march if they are vampires, Now then, at the end of any combat round in which a model or unit with the Vampiric special rule caused at least one wound Roll a d6, on an X+ (X is the Number in the Bracket) the model regains a single wound , units would raise 1 wound or model blah blah blah. Characters must kick their own ass to raise their own wounds so no " BUT MY UNIT DID WOUNDS"

So how this would translate is lets say My VARKOLAK ( Vargulf for you peasants ) delivered 5 unsaved wounds to Seans Daemon Prince because hes such a little BITCH, so at the end of the Close Combat phase I would roll a SINGLE d6 and on a 3+ I would regain a wound, not that I would need it because my VARKOLAK is made from RUSSIAN STEEL, not puny capitalist metal like your Daemon Prince. So a Vampire Lord has Vampiric 6+ so if he causes a wound in CC then on a 6+ he would get a wound back. So no Sean I am sorry, A Varkolak does not get 3+1 wounds back, that would be completely absurd.

Srsly all they would need to do is add "On a" in front of the X part and everything would make perfect sense Very Happy

Last edited by The Apothecary on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:30 pm

That's the problem I had with Carson's Varkolak (or whatever). Every time I wounded it, the damn thing scratched me a couple times and healed.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:09 am

Kal wrote:
The Apothecary wrote:Page 92 of the rule book. I dont even know where you are getting these "Holy Attacks" from unless it is from an army book.

From actually playing it longer then the band wagon jumpers haha Wink just kidding but on page 123 there is an update where it says they changed "Holy Attacks" to "Divine Attacks" thats where my confusion is coming from. Sorry guys

For clarification for me as I want to play the rule right. Thanks for the help
Army book " Warriors of Dark Gods" mark of Change - bearer may gain one of folowing effects: Flaming attack, Ward-breaker attack, or Hellfire. Looked at change log - updated name of special rules Holy attack>ward breaker attack, add this to the above name change thus Ward-breaker is same as Divine attack (reroll successful ward saves)

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:17 am

Some of the army books haven't been updated with the main rules so they have the older wording. The kingdom of Equitane book still calls them holy attacks.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:23 pm

Blanking hard here. My unit chased a fleeing unit from combat and ran into another unit that was fleeing. Is that a new combat, do the also flee, or do I just destroy them?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:29 am

I would say they dead

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:17 am

I think it counts as a charge and all a fleeing unit can do is flee again.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:43 am

From "Pursuit Distance and Pursuing Units"
In case this Pursuit movement would bring the unit into contact with an enemy unit, it automatically declares a Charge
against said unit, using its pursuit distance roll as its Charge roll. This Charge follows all the rules for Charges except
that no Charge Reactions are allowed.

and

Charge Fleeing Unit
When charging a fleeing unit, follow the same rules as for a normal Charge Move, except that the charging unit can move
into contact with any Facing of its target, no aligning is made and no maximizing of base to base contact is taken into
consideration. Once the charger reaches base contact with the fleeing target, the fleeing unit is removed as a casualty.
The charging unit can take a Leadership Test. If the test it passed, the unit may perform a Post‐Combat Pivot
manoeuvre .

Frank is right, they dead.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:44 am

Here's a little snippet I just read:

"If a model could either strike at models in base contact or make Supporting Attacks, it must allocate its attacks against models in base contact." So if my elf spears (fighting in 4 ranks) are engaged to the front and flank then only the model in the first rank of that side could choose to attack forward, the other 3 would be forced to fight to the flank.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:13 pm

I think that rule was in 8th. "Immediate Foe" I think...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Probably was but I never saw it played. There was always a big decision as to who was going to attack where.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Druchi on Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:28 pm

The Apothecary wrote:So how this would translate is lets say My VARKOLAK ( Vargulf for you peasants ) delivered 5 unsaved wounds to Seans Daemon Prince because hes such a little BITCH, so at the end of the Close Combat phase I would roll a SINGLE d6 and on a 3+ I would regain a wound, not that I would need it because my VARKOLAK is made from RUSSIAN STEEL, not puny capitalist metal like your Daemon Prince.

Okay, I seriously laughed out loud at this. Very Happy

Druchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:00 pm

Druchi wrote:
The Apothecary wrote:So how this would translate is lets say My VARKOLAK ( Vargulf for you peasants ) delivered 5 unsaved wounds to Seans Daemon Prince because hes such a little BITCH, so at the end of the Close Combat phase I would roll a SINGLE d6 and on a 3+ I would regain a wound, not that I would need it because my VARKOLAK is made from RUSSIAN STEEL, not puny capitalist metal like your Daemon Prince.

Okay, I seriously laughed out loud at this. Very Happy

To be honest, this is how we talk when we're all together. You're missing out. Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Druchi on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:14 pm

It'll happen again, soon I hope.
I still have 2 boxes of grave guard to assemble (when I got them before 8th was killed I was all eager to make a death unit, then they killed 8th and I put everything into my box and ignored it up until mid-last week....)

Druchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:25 pm

hey, you don't happen to have any of the newer plastic skeletons you would part with?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Druchi on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:37 pm

Unfortunately no. I only have mantic skeletons.

Druchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:41 pm

i was reading through the rules and as far as i can tell characters on monsters aka ridden monsters don't get any benefit from the characters Armour saves or ward saves. only the monsters saves get used

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:06 pm

There are a few items/spells/abilities that do give the monster a save as well if I remember correctly. I think one is in the KOE (bretonnian) book.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:33 pm

you are correct young sir. page 67

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:48 am

So... going over the Wood Elf army book it looks like Treemen are on 75x50 bases, not 50x75.... meaning they have a wider front now? This sounds like its going to mess up alot of already built treemen...

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:47 am

Meh, whatever. I'm keeping mine how they are. If anyone cares enough to call me on it I'll turn them sideways.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:52 am

I was thinking that modeling my new Treeman would be awkward on 75 wide. So id like to keep mine the same, but to be fair to my opponents for combat i'll measure using a 75 i suppose. for base to base....

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:27 pm

as long as your opponent is informed as to what models are eligible to fight its not a problem. I did the same thing with my terrorghiest.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:07 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top