Re: 9th league scoring reports

Post  Kal on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:49 pm

It was you who failed to specify when or where Razz

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:16 am

Nathan R vs Dwayne - Nathan won 1800 and something to 1600 and something. The difference was 166 points in my favour.

I tried out the highborn elves against dwayne's vampires. I learned a few things this game. Blood knights are crazy good. 2 wounds each? 1+ armour, 3S7 attacks on the charge. Yikes. Hex Wraiths are also really annoying. Not only are they hard to kill if you don't have magical attacks, they hit really hard in combat. Dwayne will say that his wight King was his mvp but his Hex Wraiths took down my silver helms as well as my archers and archmage without losing a single model. The wight King was blessed by the dice gods though, he had a 6+ Ward save that seemed to be unfailable.

I enjoyed the game, thanks to Carson for hosting and Dwayne for being a great opponent as always.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Carson vs Dom-I tabled Dom with my new vampire list. I threw my 6 strong vampire spawn and varkolak into the flank of Dom's death star just to try and hold it up for a turn.......my attacks were average, dom wiffed and when the dust settled the ogres were running....but that's why we throw dice. Would have been a very close game if that wouldn't of happened. Thanks for the game and for everyone coming out to a fun Friday evening.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:33 am

Sounds like a fun day full of gaming, i dont see Don's game in here? who got to kick his but?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:33 pm

I actually didn't get a game in. Showed up, visited with Scott for awhile, Nathan M. showed up, made a trade with Carson and the night was over! Left around 7:30 AM the next morning. It was actually really fun and relaxing though.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:43 pm

squalie wrote:I actually didn't get a game in.  Showed up, visited with Scott for awhile,.

Ah yeah see, sounds like a terrible night, no dice AND a Scott. Bad Deal Wink

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Game today, Sean TK vs Ryen Chaos Warriors - Win for Sean 2301 vs 1751

Very close game. End of the battle went to turn 6 and i had 12/29 Tomb Guard, half wounded Prince , 9/19 Skeleton Archer unit, My lvl 4 and a Sphinx with 2 wounds left on it. and he had 2/6 trolls left, half a unit of Barbarians and 2 wizards. So we definitely came down to the bloody end. Two magic phases he rolled double 1's so he was very unlucky with magic overall this game. Was a fun game, could have gone either way a couple of times.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Game Sunday 17th - Sean TK vs Brian Lizards - Win for Sean 2451 vs 1535

Ran a three Sphinx list, 2 Battle and 1 Necro, with a horde of 40 Tomb Guard with a WS King, Catapult, 4 units of 4 Chariots, 20 Archers with a lvl 4. And that was my whole list, i admit it wasnt a very fun list to face, seeing as he needed 6's to wound a ton of my army and the skeletons just kept standing back up after he would put them down. He did manage to kill all the Sphinx's and Chariots, and my Wizard blew himself up causing the Catapult to crumble. But that horde of Tomb Guard and the Archers remained untouched all game. Was a good game, alot closer then the points made it seem. Brian was rolling badly again tho, he would hit with 14 attacks and roll zero 6's to wound. But thats dice

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Andre and myself threw down last night. His Goblins hordes vs my vampires. Crazy game right to the end with huge point swings. The star of the match was a lowly goblin wolf rider champion who charged into a terrorghiest and took it down.
carson 2188vp vs Andre 1610vp.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:23 am

That is one tough Goblin.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu May 05, 2016 9:21 am

Andre (Dwarfs) vs Nathan (Sylvan Elves) - Win for Andre with a point differential just over 1200.

No nice way to say this, Andre kicked the shit out of me in this game. First turn's shooting saw a unit of sylvan archers and kestrel knights disappear. Second turn it was another half unit of archers and most of a unit of dryads. I moved my thicket beasts forward hoping their higher toughness would soak up some shots in the third turn but then I learned that everything (EVERYTHING) had flaming shots so those poor bastards melted pretty quickly. My 5 wild huntsmen nearly chewed their way through a unit of 6 hold guardians but they died and then so did the huntsmen and treefather hanging out behind them. My other treeman tried to hide in the forest and shoot out with his strangleroot attack but the organ guns found him there and made him regret ever waking up and trying to fight dwarfs. In the end only a handful of archers and the two underwhelming high druids survived to make it back home. I managed to kill 2 gyrocopters and half points for his hold guardians. Andre as always was a good host even as he turned my poor army into ash.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu May 05, 2016 11:45 pm

Andre, do the units come with flaming or do you have to pay to equip them that way?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri May 06, 2016 2:59 am

* was wondering same thing tbh. Lol because if so that sucks, fire born is so easy to get now lol.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri May 06, 2016 9:44 am

5 point upgrade to each of the organ guns to make them flaming. 2 units of 2 attack copters which have forge repeaters which have flaming shots, 2 flame copters (which would have been 2 units of 1 since they are single model units with no option to add models) which obviously have flaming shots as well. I think Andre might have accidentally used some of the rules for the steam bomber instead of the attack copters when he did his bombing runs but it didn't make much difference, and if the two flame copters were 2 units instead of 1 then he had too many duplicate choices of steam copters (max 3). The hold guardian unit had the fireborn and flaming attacks upgrade for 5 points/model. His 2 engineers and 2 master engineers all had forge repeaters as well.

With the clan marksmen I'm not sure how he got both big units to have flaming shots. By my figuring I think only the unit without guild crafted handguns could have been given a magic banner (by making the unit standard bearer into a veteran standard bearer and giving him the flaming banner from the main rulebook). The other unit can't have both guild crafted handguns and a magical banner, you can only have one veteran standard bearer in your army, and you can't duplicate magical items. I figured there was a banner rune that they could take that gave them flaming shots but there isn't.

There were a few issues with the list but nothing really game-breaking and I'm sure Andre wasn't intentionally breaking any rules. The steam copter choices in the dwarf book are really convoluted and it took me a while to figure out how everything works. I guess this can be a lesson for everyone, take care when you're making your list and print out or at least read your opponent's army book too so you can see for yourself what their rules are.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri May 06, 2016 9:59 am

I'm certainly not claiming he broke rules - I hope I didn't come across that way. I am curious if the army is forced to take so much flaming as that can be a problem with some armies, OR if he upgraded because he knew he was fighting Wood Elves. Big difference.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri May 06, 2016 10:28 am

The steam copters always have flaming shots no matter what variety you take. Everything else was an upgrade.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri May 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Hence why I think for the league u should have to use a valid army builder program and provide a physical or pdf copy of your list to your opponent. I honestly gotta ask why so much fire Andre? Just cuz it was wood elves? I just cant think why id want so much fire in a normal dwarf list. Id never run 2 flaming organ guns, one daemon Prince with a dragon bane gem would ruin your day lol. Sounds like some illegal banner work too lol.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri May 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Except that army builder at the moment has some problems. It gets point values wrong and other things. Right now I think we just need to be extra diligent about getting our lists right.

And I basically told Andre to bring lots of fire. I'm sure he doesn't rock that much flaming stuff on the regular.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri May 06, 2016 6:02 pm

The coptor choices i talked to Don about how to interpret that page bc you can have 0- 2 choices for all three types but the page set up is wacked. The unit of marksmen with guild crafted handguns did not use flaming shots just the other unit like Nathan said upgrade standard and used the common fire banner. I did try and use army builder even with the update and there are problems all over

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri May 06, 2016 6:16 pm

I think you and Don got it wrong.

Steam copter is the special choice.

You can have up to 3 duplicate special choices in an army.

Attack copters are a variety of steam copter which is a 0-2 choice. So if you take 3 steam copter choices 0-2 of them can be attack copters. Attack copters can be either one model or you can add a second model to the unit for 65 points.

Steam bombers are another variety of steam copter. They are also a 0-2 choice but each choice can only be a single model with no option to add a second model to the unit.

Flame copters are the same as steam bombers.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri May 06, 2016 6:19 pm

Sounds like you're getting dangerously cheesey Andre...

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri May 06, 2016 6:35 pm

So what is the 0 -2 choice for? I dont understand why even have it on the page. It says form one of the following units/army selection: attack coptor 0-2 choice steambomber 0-2 choice flame coptor 0-2 choice

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri May 06, 2016 10:02 pm

Andre and I did chat about this. It's weird as one choice has a different point value different than the other two. I'm going to have to take a look at the book a little closer. To be fair to Andre, I was looking at a picture of a page while sitting in an airport in Nashville.

One thing about 9th, is they're usually VERY clear in their explanation of rules. Be nice to Andre until we can figure this out.

He has pictures of his metal Ogre Dwarf dudes that look really cool - pester him to show you.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri May 06, 2016 10:16 pm

Are these problems with the wording in the new 1.0 dwarf rules or is it still a beta version. I'd be surprised if it would stay like that, they've been really good at cleaning things up like that.....such as my unkillable varkolak that I was playing wrong.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:22 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top