9th league scoring reports

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 9th league scoring reports

Post  nathanr on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:31 pm

Andre, can you post the results of the games from the tournament? I need the matchups, results and if there was a secondary objective, who won it.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:50 am

Here are the results:
Sean vs Geoff- Geoff win by 442 pts for 6-4 result
Don vs Dwayne- Don wins by 384 pts for a 6-4 result
Carson vs Dom- Carson wins by 318 pts for a 6-4 result
Dom vs Geoff- Dom wins by 1263 pts for a 8-2 result
Carson vs Dwayne- Carson wins by 1925 pts for a 8-2 result
Sean vs Don- Don wins by 395 pts for a 6-4 result
Carson vs Don- Don wins by 700 pts for a 7-3 result
Dom vs Sean- Dom wins by 2750 pts for a 8-2 result
Dwayne vs Geoff- Dwayne wins by 537 pts for a 6-4 result
Andre vs Nathan R- Andre wins for a 7-3 result

I only counted the 'secondary' vp points for the tourny result as they dont really follow the proper results for scoring

On a side note i would like to discourage any future forfeits during tournament play. Even if the game is not going in your favor this can have a major impact on how the tournament is scored as it is a 3 round contest. Fortunately in this circumstance there was only a marginal shot of impacting what the final results became. Also it is considered gracious etiquette to not rob any other players of the enjoyment of rolling dice. I would also add that a great many games have come down to turn six before the final desicion so roll them dice. Attacks can be wiffed, casters sucked away, warmachines imploded, anytime you need snake eyes you could just get it.

Paid for the league are Dwayne Don Carson Andre and Sean

Last edited by Mhael on Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:58 pm; edited 3 times in total

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:08 am

Thanks for posting the results Andre. One mistake though, I beat Dom in the first game by the margin you listed.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:11 pm

Very, very well said Andre. We are grown men playing with plastic soldiers. Winning is more fun than losing, but act accordingly.

And to be more honest, we've all had droopy lip moments. Smile

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:46 pm

I don't think you beat me by 2800 points. You got 2420 and I got 1396 so that's a difference of 1024.

I also had a game with Sean which ended in a 695 point victory for Sean.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Just thinking out loud here: Does the point discrepancies and the Carson win change the results much? I don't want to cheat anyone out of the prize I got.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:42 pm

squalie wrote:Just thinking out loud here:  Does the point discrepancies and the Carson win change the results much? I don't want to cheat anyone out of the prize I got.
im pretty sure that was just a typo, both you and carson were tied yesterday going in to the third round i believe and if not tied then it was really close

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:52 pm

Kuyp wrote:
squalie wrote:Just thinking out loud here:  Does the point discrepancies and the Carson win change the results much? I don't want to cheat anyone out of the prize I got.
im pretty sure that was just a typo, both you and carson were tied yesterday going in to the third round i believe and if not tied then it was really close  

Sure, but a point is a point? I thought Sean finished the game against you, I didn't know he actually conceded - which is the biggest travesty our league has ever seen Wink . I'm just saying if I should give my gift cert to a fellow a couple points ahead of me, or even worse, if he should give his to MEEEEEEEE!!! Very Happy

Regardless, I don't want these things to be trivial or what's the point of paying for prizes - and even more important, getting WARHAMMER FAME!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:00 pm

The final tourny scores were:
Dom 36
Don 26
Carson 22
Dwayne 20
Geoff 18
Sean 17

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Mhael wrote:The final tourny scores were:
Dom 36
Don 26
Carson 22
Dwayne 20
Geoff 18
Sean 17

So, if I could get a total of 24 points in games, the way I would get to 26 is by secondary objectives?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:03 pm

First game there was an extra 12 pts up for grabs
Second there was an extra 10 pts
Last was variable depending on how many sticks were available

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Cool - that's clear and I have many understandings. If this dumb Ukrainian has to explain it to other dumb Ukranians, there's a ton of stuff that can fall through the cracks.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:29 am

Brian (lizards) vs Ryen (chaos)

Major win for Brian. Dont recall exact points anymore

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:35 pm

Few games to report this week.

Thursday 15th 2500 pts Sean (Tomb King) vs Brian (Lizard Men) - Win for Sean 1933 vs 883

Here is a picture proving i play with real people Smile

http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/18/59/34/59/dsc_0515.jpg

Saturday 17th 2500 pts Sean (Dwarves) vs Brian (Lizardmen) - Brian surrendered end of turn 4.

No pictures of this game, was getting a feel for the Dwarves again

Saturday 17th 2500 pts Sean (Dwarves) vs Ryen (Chaos Warriors) - Ryen surrendered on the end of turn 4.

Here is another picture to prove real people. this was a fun game too, it was looking really good for Ryen until he failed a key leadership roll and now since slayers have swiftstride i got lucky on a long charge on a chimera that whiffed its attacks and then the slayers overran into a hellcannon. Both very juicy targets for slayers.

http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/18/59/34/59/dsc_0516.jpg

Sunday 18th 2500 pts Sean (Dwarves) vs Brian (Lizardmen) - Win for Brian 2231 - 1450

This was a very bloody game, we both kind of placed terrain like jerks so we ended up bottle necked on one side of the field, in retrospect i should have just used my small size and range to my advantage and hid somewhere but was a fun and bloody game. I had a unit that needed double 1's to stick around after getting charged in the front and flank by 25 saurus warriors and i GOT double 1's. the unit held on for one more turn but was down to a lone rune smith, that ALSO rolled double 1's holding up a ton of Saurus for another turn! definitely the highlight of this game for me. Other than that Brian slaughtered most of the dwarves, some fled in terror off the field and others spent most of the match out of range with their stubby little legs. This game got me rethinking how i play my Dwarves, definitely was a fun and close game with me getting almost half of every unit left on his side of the field.

http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/18/59/34/59/dsc_0517.jpg

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Pfff a few pictures of a few Random dudes proves NOTHING SEAN!

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:29 am

Didnt post this one in here so not sure if it counted. Sean TK vs Brian Lizard. Massacre win for Brian.

So for this game and the two others I didnt have point values for. Did u count them or do I need to find points still?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:38 am

Thanks Sean, I'll add that one.  The others I counted as massacres but I don't know if conceding automatically makes it a massacre.  I didn't see that in the rules but I might have missed it.  Either find me a quote that says they are automatically counted as a massacre or give me point values in the future.

Or everyone should quit giving up before the game is over.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:04 am

Thanks for dealing with the confusing league as always Nathan.

I didnt give up on the Tuesday game, i just LITERALLY had nothing left on the field Razz

Ok but for the future we will start getting point values for everything, but i will look to see if giving up counts as a massacre.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:09 pm

two random dudes he pulled from the street, gave em a few bucks to pose by a table. This guy will stop at nothing.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:58 am

Game Sean (TK) vs Brian (Lizards) - Win for Sean 2232 - 792
(forgot these had to be at the start of the report for nathan)
Game Sean (TK) vs Brian (Lizards) - Win for Sean 2900-0

Ok so i got a few more games to report, and just so you guys dont think im stealing all of the games from Ryen and Brian so they cant face eachother ever it isnt true. Brian and Ryen have had 4-5 games since this league started, but between Brian taking so fckin long to set up his army and Ryen and Brians messed up work schedules they have LITERALLY never finished a game, and every game they have had has loooked SUPER close. Anyways here are my games.

Game Sean (TK) vs Brian (Lizards) - Win for Sean 2232 - 792

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/59/34/59/conga_10.jpg

So i dont remember much about this game except his Kroxigors slaughtered my Dreadsphinx in one turn and my battle sphinx was 1 wound away from counting and half points, my Tomb Guard and 50 Skele Warrior Unit were both 1 Skeleton away from being worth half points, same with a TOmb King and Prince. Would have been alot closer if these units got beaten down just a little more. I must say WS 7 Tomb King is SOOOO good. like mmmm, WS 3 stuff hitting me on 5's haha. I also started brining a 50 Point upgrade on my lvl 4 called Soul Conduit, every magic phase my opponent always gets 6 dispel dice and i get 7 +d3 and a channel. Honestly this was the big game changer for my army because every turn i could confidently get off 2-4 spells, that atleast 2 went through. Oh yes as you can see Brian is THAT guy... he conga lined .... he did it....

Game Sean (TK) vs Brian (Lizards) - Win for Sean 2900-0

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/59/34/59/funnel11.jpg

BEFORE

Honestly... i didnt even want to report this game. Im not sure what Brian was trying to do here but this is essentially how it went down. New lists so we were trying stuff out, but we have a super bad habit that when we deploy terrain if i deploy something near his side, he deploys something slightly closer to my side so we usually go back and forth trying to fuck eachother over with terrain until the field is a terrible mess. So Brian essentially started this game by turning his WHOLE battle line to the right and marching down one side of the field. So my Sphinx's funneled him in there and T8 can hold out quite well. His Kroxagors which are all the bit as deadly attempted to get a long flank on the Sphinx's but got blocked by WS 7 Tomb Guard.

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/59/34/59/funnel10.jpg

After

Last edited by Kal on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks for the reports! Don't conga line Brian. Or at least try to understand why some may not appreciate it.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:34 pm

Sean (Dwarf) vs Brian (Lizard) - Win for Sean 2362-1692

This was a very close game, down to a few key leaderships and failed charges. I'll admit i had him at a disadvantage right away because he was only running two lvl 1's for some signature spells. so his one wizard cast Beasts Within (Wildform) and i Rune of Devouring so he got the spell off once but it was gone forever after. But every other combat was me fleeing in response to a charge or his high armour and toughness army just running past my stand and shoots and straight through my units. Which is what his raptor riders did to my Forge Wardens. Alot of combats kept ending in ties because its a lot of BOTH armies having Ini 2 and STR / Tough 4 and high armour. he had more attacks but mine hit better. So very even, He tried out a Carnosaur or whatever they are called in this and it mostly got shot to death by random lucky crossbow units. I ran this army very MSU style, no unit was over 15 men, 15 Greybeards, 15 Deep Watch, 10 Slayers, 2x10 Forge Wardens, 2x10 GW Crossbow Dwarves, 15 Crossbow HW+S Dwarves, a catapult, organ gun, Gyro and BSB and two rune smiths. Fun little list, definitely going to refine it and try it again!

* oh and apparently the new O&G player i mentioned is building an army. He is ready to start learning so Brian, Ryen and possibly myself are going to show him the ropes Monday or Tuesday morning.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Monday, March 28th = Sean (Dwarf) VS Brian (Lizards) - Win For Sean 2130 - 694

Tuesday, March 29th = Ryen (WoC) vs Brian (Lizards) - Win For Ryen 2107 - 1782

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:54 pm

Shoot I missed the weekly update. I'll get it done tomorrow. If I don't, someone remind me.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:15 pm

Hey Nathan, dont forget to do the weekly update *reminded* afro

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:26 pm

Sponsored content