9th league scoring reports

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 9th league scoring reports

Post  Mhael on Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:35 pm

We didnt play at Carsons Dom but it should count anyways as it got you to come roll dice over the weekend. Also why havent you signed up for the tourny? How are you going to pay me rent on my mercenary army?

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Mhael wrote:We didnt play at Carsons Dom but it should count anyways as it got you to come roll dice over the weekend. Also why havent you signed up for the tourny? How are you going to pay me rent on my mercenary army?

i singed up. after i crush everyone i can pay you rent on the army Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:18 pm

Kuyp wrote:
i singed up. after i crush everyone i can pay you rent on the army Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  

Sounds like it was a jaunty tune Very Happy

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:31 pm

The Apothecary wrote:
Kuyp wrote:

Sounds like it was a jaunty tune Very Happy

Oh you didn't hear ? I graduated bard collage, studied in the great hold of solitude jocolor

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:32 pm

Kuyp wrote:
Oh you didn't hear ? I graduated bard collage, studied in the great hold of solitude jocolor  

Bard Collage aye... Well as long as you see the big picture Im happy for you.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:44 am

Mike(Tzeentch) vs Don(High Elves)
Mike Win (Massacre)

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:02 am

Give us a little more then that frank. Hows Tzeentch? How are elves?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:05 am

Ever the polite sportsmen, Mike fails to mention how the Tzeentch Daemons absolutely shredded my poor High Elves. Between his magic, definitely Tzeentch shooting (which is superb) and my own comet literally killing half my army, I put my hand out turn 4? It was incredible.

Fear the Deamons Lads, for they are real.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:31 am

Nice.

Andre (O&G) vs Nathan (Dwarfs) - Draw

Andre and I had a game last night as well. I tried out a Seeker (Slayer) heavy dwarf list which Andre was generous enough to supply most of the models for. Daemon Slayers are ferocious in combat. I had 2 fully kitted out. One had runic extra hand weapons with armour piercing (6), D3 wounds and if he was hitting something with T5 or more he had S10. He also got 1 extra attack for each model in base contact and lethal strike. At one point he had 11 attacks in close combat (5 base, +1 for extra hand weapon, +5 for enemy models in base contact - front and flank)! The other was similarly kitted except instead of the armour piercing he was +1 to hit. One Daemon slayer killed a unit of squigs, a unit of boar boyz, a unit of spider riders, 2 wolf chariots and an arachnorok spider. He had a unit of slayers backing him up but he did all the heavy lifting. Andre eventually ground through all my slayers and on the last turn managed a 600 point swing to bring it back to a tie 100 points in his favour. It is always easy to underestimate goblins until all of a sudden they get a few augments stacked on and your unit has a hex or two and the tables have turned. It was fun to be playing dwarfs again, I'll likely stick to a more conventional army list in the future but this was a list that I have always wanted to try but never had the models for. I might have to order a box or two (or three) of the Avatars of War Slayers.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:52 am

Awesome sounding games guys! I did not have a similar experience when i ran slayers but i will give them another go. Will for sure have to keep an eye out for Daemons, wonder how the other Gods play for Daemons...

Oh and your actually ordering slayers directly from Avatar of War let me know and we will split the shipping as i want another box, my 20 just isnt enough.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:25 am

I move slowly on ordering stuff so it probably won't happen for a few months at least. The slayers themselves were pretty underwhelming but as a character delivery method they did their job. The daemon slayer would kill 6 or 8 models and the unit would kill 3 or 4.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:58 am

Yeah thats more or less what I experienced...

Ha no rush on the Slayers I got tons to buy and paint as is. And I may find out that my 20 is enough for 9th

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:52 pm

Nathan R (Cool - Kingdom of Equitaine vs Carson (2) - Vampire Covenant

Carson and I played a game, we decided to try a secondary objective but in the end neither of us had taken it as we had to have units in the opponent's deployment zone and we ended the game with all our scoring units in the neutral zone. We set up with diagonal deployment and Carson took first turn. We both cautiously moved forward in our first turns. In my second I charged and destroyed both units of wolves but didn't overrun far enough with a unit of Knights aspirant (knights errant) to avoid being counter charged by Carson. Elsewhere my other knights aspirant killed some vampire spawn and overran out of line of sight of his ghouls. In Carson's turn his barrow knights and skirmishing ghouls charged my knights aspirant and caused them to flee but they were not caught. In my turn I tried a flank charge on his barrow knights with my pegasus knights and backed up with my knights of the realm, planning a combo charge in my next turn. His vampire lord and barrow knights handily saw off the pegasus knights. In his turn his skirmishing ghouls charged my lord on a hippogrif while his barrow knights charged my grail knights. The lord chopped up the ghouls while the grail knights fell to the barrow knights and vampire lord. In my turn I charged with my lord on a hippogriff, knights of the realm to the front of his skeleton unit while my Knights aspirant charged the flank. My other knights aspirant charged his barrow knights. The skeleton combat ended up with me winning by 28 (which was halved due to some sort of magical trickery) and the remaining skeletons melted back into the pile of broken bones along with his banshee and necromancer. My knights aspirant overran into his barrow guard. In Carson's turn his barrow knights (having finished off the knights aspirant in the previous turn) charged the rear of my knights of the realm The ensuing combat saw him win by 1 after bouncing many attacks off the knight's armour and ward saves. The knights turned to face their attackers. In my turn my pegasus-riding paladin charged the rear of the barrow knights and my lord charged the barrow guard. The pegasus riding knight killed 6 barrow knights between his normal attacks and the breath attack from his lance. The knights of the realm weathered the assault once again and the barrow knights and vampire lord melted into nothingness. At that Carson extended his hand and the day was won for the forces of chivalry and good. It was nice to see the knights being effective again. There are some nice combos available and after reading what's coming in the next update I think they'll get even better. Thanks Carson for the game.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:14 pm

I'm glad you played the Brets, I was curious how they'd do. Only took 3 editions to make them cool again! Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:24 pm

It was a good game, I figured I had it sown up with the rear charge on the realm knights but the dice had other ideas. That debacle swung the game back into Nathans hands. It looks like the tin heads are back into the swing of things and look to be nicely balanced along with the rest of the armies.

Yesterday I took on Bobs chaos list that he is bringing the tournament..........lets just say that all that could be seen was bone flying. His army literally walked up to, and then through my army without breaking stride.

So far, I've played 6 games with the 9th age Vampire list (4 in league play) and I'm sitting 0-6. I've yet to figure them out in this brave new world, but I'm getting closer. I think I'll be bringing them to the tournament just for more experience with them if nothing else.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:49 pm

The brets are good, lots of interesting options and combinations. The characters and items often give bonuses and abilities to their units as well which is cool. Looking at the proposed changes it looks like they are toning down grail knights to get rid of or discourage Death Stars. There are all kinds of cool options though and I look forward to trying out a bunch of different lists.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:26 am

Awesome to see more games getting played!!! Jealous.

@ Carson - Yeah... i gotta say ive had similar experiences with my VC, and having VC and TK is a bit much i dont think i need both undead armies, their play styles are different enough that i find myself LOVING TK and hating every game with VC. I think im honestly going to shelve my VC and be done with them, convert the Skele's into TK skeles.... I've decided so if you want Crypt Horrors, Mortis Engine, Barrow Knights, Zombies (mantic), Ghouls (mantic) or any of my VC stuff im selling it haha just decided.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:48 pm

[quote="nathanr"]Nathan R (Cool -  Kingdom of Equitaine vs Carson (2) - Vampire Covenant

The pegasus riding knight killed 6 barrow knights between his normal attacks and the breath attack from his lance. [ /quote]

dumbest thing i think i have heard ... Laughing

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:19 pm

Dragon Lance, was in the Bretonnian book as well and has existed in the Warhammer world for many editions. It is a lance that grants flaming attacks and once per game the user can use it like a breath weapon doing 2D6 S4 flaming attacks. I happened to roll an 11 and Carson rolled poorly with his armour saves.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:09 am

Mike (Ogre KHAAAAAAAAAANs) vs Don (High Elves)

Massacre Win for Mike

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:45 am

Dom and i faced off last night with his retooled ogre list and my smashy goblin list. We played a scenario i will be using at the tourny and everything seemed to work out fine.
Turn 1 to 3 saw some attmpts by the gobbos to get around both flanks...unsuccessfully. Doms cannon brigades held one flank while some poor panic checks did so for his other flank.
My great green idol caused some havoc on his terror checks as well as not being able to roll for charge distance on some questionably easy charges. My magic phase then fizzled and unaugmented gobbos are still pretty squishy.
My gargantula did the most damage taking down two cannon groups until finally getting flank charged by a block unit of bruisers and two characters.
My horde of gobbos held in the middle but the great green idol finally died to wounds.
Fun game with me rolling lots of low leadership passes...except the final one my chariots got cocky and then ran away. It was an 8-2 win for Dom with each of us holding one objective.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:40 am

Sounds like alot of fun, so ogres are still pritty tough eh? i have the starting to an ogre army sitting on my desk. just some Ironguts and a Stonehorn to start so im interested to see how they perform

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:43 am

Kal wrote:Sounds like alot of fun, so ogres are still pritty tough eh? i have the starting to an ogre army sitting on my desk. just some Ironguts and a Stonehorn to start so im interested to see how they perform

They are crap. Complete garbage. If I were you I would just sell all that ogre stuff online immediately without looking back.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:50 am

The two guys running ogres in the league seem to be doing quite well so far.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:23 pm

Thats exactly why I got rid of chaos and didnt pick up Ogres when I started, and got rid of DE when their new book seemed to powerful. I didnt want to be that guy Wink

Hence why I switch to the bottom of the barrel tk and oddly they are my fav army

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top