9th league scoring reports

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 9th league scoring reports

Post  Mhael on Tue May 23, 2017 11:55 pm

Nathan and I played 'a call to monsters' tonight with 2500pts. I am happy with the scenario as is. We only had one monster come on in bottom 3. Nathan rolled an 11 so we got an arachnarok.

Not too exciting of a game lits of posturing with Nathan moving trees in my way. It ended with him taking everything but my seekers unit and character. Nathan also got a scoring unit in my deployment zone ( with a reminder from me). My seekers killed off the arachnarok for a victory point.

Both were painted so the score breaks down to 15 to 5; 18 to 2 after secondary; 18 to 3 after monster points and finally 20 to 5 with painting
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed May 24, 2017 9:37 am

Sounds like fun games, how are the 2500 point lists guys?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed May 24, 2017 10:19 am

I like the smaller games, there is way more room for maneuvering. Andre's poor dwarfs got encircled by my elves. At one point his two blocks were back to back with elves on all sides. There is also very little room for error as the few units you do have aren't big enough to absorb damage. I still like the big 5000 point games but smaller 2500 point skirmishes are fun for a change as well.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed May 24, 2017 10:30 am

Easy to play a week day evening game and get home before midnight...which is when i turn into a pumpkin
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed May 24, 2017 10:43 am

Awesome to hear, maybe i will try and get a couple of them in with Brian this weekend.

Having a hard time with Ogres, mostly characters but i think in a 2500 point game i should give up on 4+ Wards and hope the T5 and 4 wounds carries the characters through.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed May 24, 2017 11:10 am

Yes it is better to have stronger attks and you do have to give something up at this game pt value
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu May 25, 2017 10:14 am

Don High Elves vs Sean Ogre Kingdoms - 5000 Point - Battle Line - Secure the Targets:

Victory for Sean - 5400 / 1090 - 20-2 (Sean had 1 of 2 objectives)

Me and Don had a game yesterday, the big changer in this game was Elven leadership never worked when it counted. Don got 1st turn and managed to kill 5 ogres with shooting and then aggressively moved his elves up. He pinned a large ogre tribesmen block down with a vortex spell infront of them that i didn't feel like walking through and my big block of tribesmen charged his reavers that fled in response and my ogres actually caught them!!! but it left my unit in a lovely position to be counter charged by 21 Swordsmasters and 21 Phoenix Guard. and a unit of 4 maneaters got charged by a unit of 21 white lions, and my 4 Mournfang got a charge on his 21 Swordmasters on the other side of the field . The large middle combat saw most of his Swordmasters die and only 1 or 2 phoenix guard go down (Fuck those guys dont die) the Swordsmasters fled which started a long line of RUNN AWWAAAYYYY. as in my next turn i charged the already fleeing swordsmasters with a single left over leadbelcher which caused them to flee through a large unit of seaguard (that rolled an 11 for panic and helped flee with them!) which then ran into a 10 man unit of archers that FLED AS WELL. bwahah. It was that kind of day for the elves. My mournfang killed the swordmasters to a man. the White Lions fluffed their attacks on my Maneaters, but then my maneaters countered attacked with feather swords or something and ran away on LD 5 non rerollable. Don threw some fire magic at my remaining Ogre Block only to have it counter with its own fire magic and take down almost half the Seaguard unit with one spell, mmm fire magic. My favorite combat was my manly Giant charging a lone eagle only to friggen bounce right off while the eagle managed to claw an eye out on my giant. Next round saw me get ONE WHOLE WOUND on the eagle and then the eagle said fuck this shit and spent the rest of the game running away. a 10 man unit of brave elven souls charged my tyrant, bsb and their remaining 4 tribesmen. Honestly when we got around to combat we looked at it and briefly assumed that the Ogres had charged because what elf in his right mind would have CHARGED the ogre block!. Those puny archer elves actually did as many wounds as the swordsmasters did ... go figure. Elsewhere on the field his other eagle got a bunch of pointy knives thrown in its face by some Scrappling Trappers, fun figs staying in the army just because i love em. This was a good game and a great test for my Ogres against a faster army and even when soaking up damage they still managed to hurt when they hit back. Thanks for the game Don, rematch whenever you want!!! Looking forward to Garagecon!
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri May 26, 2017 7:37 am

Yup, those Ogres have always been a problem for my Elves.  Not sure what to do against them.

Had a game with Frank and his Tzeentch Daemons last night and Ho-Lee-Cow...Dwarfs would be envious with the amount of shooting an army can do.  The game went to turn 6, but not only did he seriously out shoot and out magic my Elves, other than the Horror blocks, his army danced around my infantry units throwing hellfire and DIVINE attacks at my Flame Wardens until not much was left.  I wasn't even mad - it was an impressive display from an army that didn't seem all that intimidating on paper.  Lesson learned.  At the end of the game, I pretty much had a unit of Lion Guard with BSB wondering where all their mates had gone.  Frank would have one 16-4, but isn't in the league so I get 5 points, plus two for painting?  So 7?
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri May 26, 2017 9:45 am

yup 7, good to see Frank getting some warhammer love in.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri May 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Carson wrote:yup 7, good to see Frank getting some warhammer love in.

Beware the Tzeentch Daemons, they are tricksy.

So, I get 7 points win or lose with a non league player, but could get a possible 0 points against a league player? Seems a good deal!
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun May 28, 2017 10:32 pm

So Andre decided to come visit this weekend for a mini gamesday. Was good to see him - Justin And Sean decided to show up so we could all get in some wins and losses!

game 1 was My Highborn Elves against Andre and his Dwarfs. I pulled a 16-4 win and we were both painted. (18-6 total, win for me)

Game 2 was a 2500 point game with my Daemons against Justin's Vermin Swarm. Justin literally beat the paint off my Daemons - I have to repaint them. Justin took a 17-3 win, I was painted. (17-5 total, loss for me)

Game 3 was another 2500 game against Andre's Dwarfs, me playing Daemons. Daemons did what Daemons like to do and I took Dwarf soul for a 23-4 win after objective and painting. (23-4 total, win for me)

Game 4 was a 5k game again against Andre and his Dwarfs. I was encouraged to play my Ogres and after enjoying a game with them the only thing Andre had left was a single wounded Hold Guardian wandering around the table looking for a scrap. I got a 20-0 win, turning into a 20-2 for painting from Andre. I wasn't painted. (20-2 total, win for me)

Very glad, Andre made the trip and I'm sorry I had to send him away with many dead Dwarfs, but I think I owed him a few losses anyways as the Dwarfs are usually a tough customer for me. Can't wait for Garagecon weekend!!
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon May 29, 2017 8:35 am

These games were actually very hard fought with a lot of dead on both sides. With the secondary 6pt swing it doesnt reveal the true nature of the dice roll. Even against ogres there were plenty of casualties on both sides.

I played one other game in there. 2500pts against sean in the call to monster scenario. We had 4 monsters on tbe table that danced around us. In the end my general tried twice to charge a unit of bombadiers and matrixed every shot but failing to roll enough distance. I actually got the win but sean got the secondary and we were both painted. So i believe it was a 12 to 8 for me turning into 13 to 11 victory for sean. Painting included.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon May 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Was a very fun scenario Andre! It was partially they danced around us and partially me staying the hell away from them haha. That matrix dwarf would not go down! Two stand and shoots and two turns of regular shooting from 4 Leadbelchers and nothing! Haha. The game ended 12-8 for Andre, then I had he objective so 11-9 and then Andre was painted so 11-11? Or how does that work? I was not painted upon further inspection of that 2500 points of models I used.

I also had a super fun game against Justin and that damned rat army where he wiped me out 17-3 wow rats hurt with the grind attacks on the towers. Amounted to 1-2 dead Ogres a turn by itself. Definitely want a rematch vs the ratmen.

Was a fun surprise weekend, thanks for making the trip and the cool scenarios Andre, me and Brian are playing the mad mage on Tuesday
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue May 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Me and Brian had a game today, 2500 points Victory for Sean

Sean Ogres - Brian High Elves

Game ended 12-8 with Brian getting the objective so 12-11

Close game, honestly the biggest game changer was a Frost Phoenix being unable to chase down a lone Mournfang and the fact that EVERY SPELL Brian threw 2-4 dice at he miscast... honestly he miscast 4+ times this game and blew up like 20/25 of his own Seaguard unit, i only got to fight the unit on a final desperate charge by them when they were down to 4 troops and the wizard.

Oh and Brian popped the Mad Mage at the start of turn one with the spell from Divination Fates Judgement D6 Automatic Wounds with no saves. POP goes a mad mage. Ha that was fun and started the game off in a big favor for Brian, and we never got to see the wizard in action (oh and he miscast that spell too) haha.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed May 31, 2017 8:32 am

If Brian didnt move a scoring unit over the mad mage he did not claim his 3 victory points. Whoever was first to grab the carcass takes the 3 points until killed in turn themselves and another scoring unit picks up the body
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed May 31, 2017 8:55 am

Mhael wrote:If Brian didnt move a scoring unit over the mad mage he did not claim his 3 victory points. Whoever was first to grab the carcass takes the 3 points until killed in turn themselves and another scoring unit picks up the body

He did, lone swordsmaster grabbed it and ran like the dickens. Couldn't catch his ass
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed May 31, 2017 8:58 am

Carson and I played last night with his Orcs and Goblins facing my Dark Elves. We played a diagonal deployment breakthrough scenario and spent a lot of the game posturing. Turn 5 I finally committed and double-charged a full horde of spear-weilding cave goblins. The elves predictably did a lot of damage, killing over 20 cave goblins and removing their steadfast while only taking 2 wounds in return. The goblins broke and were run down. I overran into his bsb and killed it in the next round. After that I could have danced around and hidden from Carson's iron orcs to take the win but that's not how I roll so I charged into his gargantula hoping to kill it or break it. Unfortunately I was only able to achieve 6 wounds on the monster who turned out to be stubborn (I didn't know that) and stuck around allowing Carson to make an easy flank charge which wiped out my unit in the bottom of turn 6. In the end it was a 12-8 victory for Carson which turned into an 11-9 victory for me because I took the objective. I was fully painted and Carson was not so the final tally was 13-9.

MVP of the game for me were my two units of warlocks. Their 4+ ward saves might as well have been 2+ with how I was rolling them. They took charges from orc chariots and shrugged them off then proceeded to punch way above their weight class. One unit took down a giant and an orc character in a chariot while the other took down an orc chariot and soaked up several rounds of shooting from everything Carson could throw at them.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed May 31, 2017 10:00 am

Ha not gonna lie I'm liking Warlocks better than Dark Riders, 2 attacks each and Poison! with the Ward, forget a Wizard Conclave Champion upgrade, just make em a fighty fast cav unit!

Spider is stubborn but only on LD 6, so scary but not THAT scary, just bring a big SHOE to swat it with
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 pm

Sean can you recheck your score with Brian.

also, game 3 of Don and Andre's matches......best it could be is 20-0 after objectives and then 22-2 after painting.

****the league will wrap up June 15, hopefully we can finish playoffs by July1 where we will enter a new league.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed May 31, 2017 8:03 pm

Carson, Don and I played with the mad mage scenario thats why the extra points. 15 to 5 actual, Don scored secondary for an 18 to 2. 20 to 4 with painting and Don held the Mad Mage so 23 to 4 final.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed May 31, 2017 9:32 pm

Carson wrote:Sean can you recheck your score with Brian.

also, game 3 of Don and Andre's matches......best it could be is 20-0 after objectives and then 22-2 after painting.

****the league will wrap up June 15, hopefully we can finish playoffs by July1 where we will enter a new league.

Yup, 12-8 and Brian got the Mage,

12-11 Victory for Me
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:10 pm

You probably shouldn't be playing with 2 secondaries, otherwise I'll see 58-4 scores from Sean in the next little while.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Carson wrote:You probably shouldn't be playing with 2 secondaries, otherwise I'll see 58-4 scores from Sean in the next little while.

I mean I'm all for making fun of Brian but that was just mean Carson Sad  . Brian always has a strong first 3 turns but his armies are glass hammers so they kind of always start to crumble towards the end. Plus he has the worst luck I've ever seen, compared to me when i rolled 18 Dice for a swarm of insects spell vs his Phoenix last game and rolled 9 of them as 6's. I mean at that point it isn't his fault that i roll well.

If you're so jealous go find yourselves a live in opponent and it won't be an issue. We make sure we each fight a different opponent every 2 games, so we arn't breaking any rules. We have another game planned Saturday 2500 points with only one secondary (as always).
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Yeah i agree. If you are playing with a special scenario it should count as your secondary
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Whoes game are we talking about?...
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content