9th league scoring reports

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 9th league scoring reports

Post  Mhael on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:30 pm

With my big name i only have to take 20% core. One unit of 9 tribesmen f.c. iron fists and 2 units of scraplings with foremen in each
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:21 am

Carson and i play tested our new lists last night in a battle line with 1 secondary objective...needing scoring units in the enemy deployment zone

Carson hung in for 4 rounds before actually getting any real points...i however was shooting my way to glory. Carson inadvertenly gave me protection with one of his spells creating a fire wall between our 2 main units deepwatch vs orc horde.

His boltthrower picked off a few hold guardians on their way in and his gargantula failed a flank charge through trees on my greybeards giving no support to his boar riders who were chopped down

Turn 5 changed everything with a few combats going Carsons way and my organ guns misfiring. In the end we each had 1 scoring unit across the table and Carson won by 292 pts

Great job of hanging in there. 9 to 7 for Carson. My dwarfs were painted
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Sean Ogres VS Brian WOC - 5000 points with Breakthrough as the secondary.

20-0 Victory for Sean and i took the objective, neither painted.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:32 pm

this is your 3rd game in a row.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:51 pm

2nd since we each fought another
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Had our games in Saskatoon that reset our counter. Had an O&G vs WoC game then this Ogre vs WoC.

Promise **
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Sean and I just had a game, his Ogres vs my Construct Undying Legion. Pretty regular game, but a good game. Lots of scraps and dice swings, but in the end the dead always prevail. When the dust settled and units added up, the game was 12-8 for me. I got objective and painting so final score was 17-5 for the Legion!

I'm going to retire my TK after the Red Deer event and go strict Daemons for the rest of the league to force me to finish painting them.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:43 pm

Just had a game with my Undying Legions against Brians Wrath Warriors. Ho-Lee-Shit, those Warriors are tough. By turn 2 I had lost both Necro Knights units...before they even had a chance to swing. My one Chariot unit did super awesome and killed 3 Crushers on a charge!, but melted after. My Ushabti, killed a Warriors unit, and ended up fighting his remaining Khorne Lord, before his Crushers and Hellcannon charged in to grind me to dust.

Khorne Warriors have +1 to hit, extra attack and good initiative. It's like they have 3 buff spells on them at all times - crazy tough! Very Happy

I put my hand out turn 4 as I had a unit of archers and a scared general left. We played attacker/defender battle and it was 20 -2 for Brian, as Brian had objective and I was painted.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:09 am

Dwayne and I squared off last night, Empire vs O&G.
A real back and forth game trading points, with strange dice rolls on both sides. bottom of 5 I figured my iron orcs could take on his marshal riding a big ass dragon.......I was wrong. 12-10 for dwayne, I was fully painted.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Squared off against Nathan A today at the Den. Surrounded by Pokemon card players, we entered a bloody duel with massive fighting happening in the middle. A slobberknocker between trolls, a giant and some savage orcs against my greatswords and halberders saw a long drawn out battle. In the end, the great swords swords couldn't do the job as the giant bawled twice, and clutch saves weren't happening. Also, gnasher herds are pretty awesome. Supporting units for the imperial guard did their job well too.

In the end, it was a 13-7 victory for Nathan A. He was painted, I was not.

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:40 pm

The middle combat was an absolute bloodbath, to give people an idea, the very first round of it was a tie, 28 combat res a side.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:00 am

Sean and I had a game yesterday and he won 17-3. I honestly slaped him around all game but bad dice roles at the end cost me the game.
Brian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 am

Was a really good game and yes Brian slapped me around quite a bit before his dice turned on him. Mournfang got a long charge first turn on his Once Chosen and i rolled very high on the Impact hits and killed 3/6 of the Chosen on the charge. He still managed to smash down 2/4 of my Mournfang. But i won combat and got an overrun into the flank of his Warrior unit. His Hellcannon failed a Frenzy test and charged the flank of the Mournfang. a Horde of 40 Barbarians got shot to pieces by 8 Leadbelchers for 3 whole turns before charging a block of 9 Ogres. My ogres and the remaining Barbarians fought it down to a tie with wounds until my stomps pulled me ahead and the Barbarians fled but i was unable to catch them. Swiftstride Maneaters got a long charge on his Skullcrushers and with Str 6 and hitting before his unit i managed to kill half the Crusher unit before it even got to swing! Initiative is king. I summoned a Totemic Beast from the Shamanism lore and it got a 3d6 movement roll of 14 to run into the flank of the wounded Hellcannon We both fluffed our attacks but i won combat on the charge and Brians cannon POOFED. His BSB on Crusher, Chaos lord on Crusher and the final surviving Crusher bannerman charged my block of 9 Ogres with my General Shaman and BSB. I failed to do any wounds and fled rolling a 10, and Brians swift striding cavalry rolled a 8 and failed to catch my unit. The Warriors re ranked and killed the remaining Mournfang and his Discolord fought the Ogres that had chased down the Barbarian unit to a stale mate until the Discolord died to impact hits the following turn. His chariot ran through a unit of 10 Gnoblar Trappers only to be flank charged by a frost mammoth who in one turn before the chariot attacked used his impacts to wipe out the chariot. the Frost mammoth then got charged by his Crusher block and destroyed in one turn completely haha. Str 7 Characters hurt Wink. Was a fun game, definitely looking forward to another one this week!

Battle Line and Secure the Objective as the secondary, neither of us got the secondary.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:51 pm

Me and Brian had another game today. Ogres vs Warriors of the Dark Gods. Counterthrust Deployment and Secure the Objectives.

Brian actually killed way more ogres and would have won 11-9 but i took the objective turn 5 with my last single Mournfang. So the game ended Victory for me 12-8. Neither painted, but almost.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon May 01, 2017 10:32 am

I played 5 non league games which battle reports are on the grotscon thread...25pts
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Mon May 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Mhael wrote:I played 5 non league games which battle reports are on the grotscon thread...25pts

Ditto
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 01, 2017 9:33 pm

blizzard435 wrote:
Mhael wrote:I played 5 non league games which battle reports are on the grotscon thread...25pts

Ditto

Ditto. And painted!
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue May 02, 2017 9:43 pm

Just had a game with Brian, his Wrath warriors against my Wrath/Lust Daemons. We totally forgot to roll secondary!

The game started looking good for Brian, but I shoved some flesh bounds into the front of his BSB, lord, crusher unit, forcing the charge so I could charge with Daemonettes and flank with my slaughterer unit. The combat went like I thought it might and just the bsb and lord were left, who auto broke. Ran down the BSB and almost caught the lord, who had to fight the slaughtered again. My BSB accepted his lord challenge, we both did a wound, but he fled again and we caught him.

The other flank had vanguarding mounted sirens charging the rear of his once chosen and my hellhounds charging to the front. Red caused them to run and they were ran down. By turn 4, I had picked his army apart and had enough units to control his overruns and charges.

I couldn't catch his sorcerer on disc, so he graciously blew himself up from a miscast to save me the trouble.

Brian's dice could have been better. I took 5400 from him and he took 1260 from me for a 17-3 win for the daemons.

We were both unpainted.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 08, 2017 11:18 pm

Had a game with Nathan R tonight. My Daemons vs his Dread Elves. I'm typing on my phone so not many details tonight, but I won 16-4. I'll post a short batrep later.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat May 13, 2017 12:13 am

Carson and I just play tested our 2500pt lists in the mad mage scenario. We ended up agreeing some slight tweeking on the mad mage in turn one. We gave him 2d6 hits but only d3 strength. His tower is considered a folding fortress so once he dies its magic dissipates and is pulled from the board. Also whoever kills the mad mage gets to drag his carcass around for 2 victory points but if that unit is destroyed the pts transfer to the destroyer( like a stick used to)

Carson found out the matchups he wanted were not great choices. He charged 2 giants at my hold guardians...one failed distance the other took 4 wounds from the mad mage ( super important to remember you can dispel the tower defence).

My grudgebuster and greybeards combo charged his bowmen unit...which he didnt anticipate the greybeards doing...caused an autobreak and both units over ran into his gnasher dashers. Next round the gnashers evaporated and the units turned to face the center.

The greybeards and remaining seekers combo charged Carsons other horde of goblins and did 18 wounds first round but he saved on steadfast and got a flank charge on my greybeards with his bsb. Next round of combat broke both his units and his giant that rear charged my hold guardians were reminded that unsaved wounds become d3.

Carson extended his hand as what was not dead would be charged down. I took secondary and the mad magefor a 22-0 win. Both were fully painted
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat May 13, 2017 12:41 am

It went down just like Andre described.......tabled by those tough dwarves. In 2500pts you can't come back from mistakes.

The scenario Andre designed was super fun to play, highly recommend it. Can't wait to try the other scenarios for our friday night tourney. Now off to make some subtle tweaks....next time dwarf!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat May 13, 2017 10:15 am

I would also add that 2500pts made for a light and refreshing game. People should have no problem playing 6 turns in an hour and a half
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri May 19, 2017 8:22 am

Carson and I played the Hired mercenary scenario with encircle and secure targets. In the secret bid Carson gave up 5 victory pts (i bid 2) so he got a unit of 4 bombadiers.

. I chose attacker and set up middle to right flank with my attk coptor behind some trees on the left. Carson took a mostly middle deployment with the bombadiers and giant on his left flank.

This game is brutal if you make errors...no free units to come help out. My greybeards failed 3 charges trying to take down his giant. They were long charges but i rolled 2 ones, a 3 and a 5. They then abandoned it and tried to come back to the center to claim a token for secondary but a rear charge in 5 and flank charge by Carsons bsb in 6 took them out.

My attk coptor took a few turns to fly around to Carsons backfield to take out a bolt thrower before dying to archer fire from Carson's self hating wizard unit(he miscast twice killing about 15 of his own guys.

The middle saw my seekers and hold guardians fail to kill 4 trolls...did cause them to flee but my hold guardians didnt pursue far enough to help my grudgebuster (it lost combat and fled subsequently getting shot down by the bolt thrower)

Carsons main horde unit crashed into my holdguardians killing two and catching the 3rd also running into my remaining seekers. We fought 4 rounds of combat with Carson trying to hide his general fromcondar my dragon seeker. Turn 6 i finally whittled the unit enough he couldnt hide so i chopped his head off and singularly ran down the rest of the fleeing unit.

At the end i only had my dragon seeker left on the table and carson took the secondary. It ended with a 15 to 5 win for carson but 18 to 2 with secondary and finally 13 to 2 bc of his 5 victory points bid. His bombadiers tried to shoot my greybeards from the flank but i had hard target on them plus long range and his giant got in the way so he killed 5 or 6 all game...could have been more aggressive with his mercenaries but the rest of the table was working out well for him. Both were painted.

Another great game and fun scenario.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri May 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Both were painted.

Let's make sure to police each others armies. If we're introducing new units, etc, we need to ensure that all units are painted in at least 3 colours and all units are based, finished, etc. This was meant to encourage the painting aspect of the hobby and we shouldn't get sloppy on it.

Thanks everyone!
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 22, 2017 10:55 pm

Had a game against Justin and his Vermin Swarm today. My Highborn Elves rolled some pretty sweet dice and an Eagle and Elain Reavers kept a few units off my back until I could deal with them. When turn 6 was done it was a16-4 victory for me. My Elves are 100% painted as I finished the bases on the Flame Wardens before Justin showed up. So 18-4 for me!
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top