9th league scoring reports

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 9th league scoring reports

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:12 am

Dwayne makes it sound closer than it was. I didn't want to deal with either the steam tank or the great swords but I kinda ended up having to fight both and neither one was on the terms I wanted. I think both units of dread knights could have handled the great swords. Even still, Dwayne managed to save 5/6 wounds on a 6+ armour save in the second round of combat which certainly helped him out. My general also went 4 rounds with his prelate and managed only 1 wound. 3/4 of my dark raider units dissolving first turn also wasn't great. Some tactical mistakes on my part but less than I made against Nathan A so progress? I feel like my losing streak will end any game now, hopefully I can manage a W next weekend. I'm going to use my dread elves until I do.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:47 pm

Me and Brian had a game today, Chaos Dwarves VS Lizardmen Victory for Sean 14-6
Diagonal Deployment and Secure the Center Secondary. Brian got the secondary with a unit of temple guard on turn 6

Was the first time we used these armies against each other so we both had no idea what to expect from our units. First combat of the game saw Brian 6 man strong unit of caiman die to a man without even swinging a weapon against my unit of 30 Immortals, initiative is king. His General on caurno and 35 saurus slaughtered my 25 Hobgoblin's until they fled dying through a tree. This caused an early overrun that came up short caused the 35 man unit of saurus to get front and flank charged by my two 30 man main dwarf combat units. Altho the lizards put up a good fight killing 1/3 of the Immortals before they even got to swing. but the total number of rerollable attacks with thunderous charge was just to much for them and they fled and were run down by the short legged dwarves. My Bull Centaurs kept coming up short on their charges for 3 turns against some temple guard. they lost 1/6 models early on to a killer Insect Swarm spell. Brian had a unit of flying dino fast cav that cleaned up my rocket battery but not before it got a lucky shot on his general on a carnosaur and killed him dead BOOM! His unkillable BSB got tangled up in a challenge against my Flintlock Axe unit until i slowly widdled him down by making him flammable and giving the unit flaming attacks allowing me to reroll the wounds but the dino still held out for 2 whole combats AFTER that! until the weakened Flintlock Axe unit got flank charged by Chameleon Skins and front charged by half a unit of Temple Guard. The dwarves were slaughtered and fled with 4 models remaining leaving the point in the hands of the lizards! My remaining Immortals ended up in a standoff against that giant armoured turtle dino way off objective and my unit of HW+S Citadel Guard dwarves just couldnt get their short legs as close to the objective as the Temple Guard. Was a bloody game, the lizards throw alot of poison attacks, was a fun game on a Sunday Morning! i think this is the list i'll be bringing to the tourney.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:21 am

so it would be 11-9 after objectives are scored?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Nope was 17-3 before the objectives
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:04 am

Played one game yesterday against Don. I brought the dark elves and I wasted no time with 5 units through to Don's backfield on turn 1 threatening flank and rear charges. When combat actually happened between our main combat blocks it was a brutal grinding affair. Ushabti are beasts in combat and they ground through my bsb's dread knights and a unit of dark acolytes. Elsewhere his snake knights ground away at my other dread knights until a big sphinx came in and ruined the party. In the end crumbling did most of my heavy lifting after my chariot managed to kill his general. Turn 6 saw me finish off the last of his snake knights for the victory.

14-6 victory for me and we were both fully painted.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Had a great game with Nathan, details in the post above.  Lots of blood and dust spilled on that one.  The kind of game, where even if I lost them all, if they were like that I'd be just fine.

Second game against Dwayne and his Dragon led Empire army. I won't post too may details as everything just worked out for me and Dwayne had some soft dice at key moments. for an Undead army I got spread out fairly quickly and just kept the momentum going. My Ushabti (gawd, what a great unit) ate up the famous great sword unit and by the end I lost a Sphinx and little else. Got the objective for a 20-0 victory. I was painted, Dwayne was not.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:37 pm

Still finding chunks of dice in my stool there Don! If anything, this battle really showed that I need more support for my foot sloggers. Dragon is still scary though.

Also, the mortar is only scary if there is prime targets to go after; both Nathan's and Don's armies didn't really have any good targets and I found myself wishing for a rocket battery or volley gun more.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Still finding chunks of dice in my stool there Don!
I literally laughed out loud.

Also, the Mortar would have killed my general twice had I not made the ward saves. That thing actually scared me.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:06 pm

Me and Brian threw down today. O&G Vs Warriors of the Dark Gods

Battle Line deployment and Secure the Center Secondary. 20-0 Victory for Sean

This game... was a complete farce. Brian got 1st turn and everything after that went weird, Honestly everything that shouldn't have happened happened. My Snotling Pump Wagon rolled a crazy 14" random movement on turn 1 to run into 5 knight and then on his 2d6 str 4 AP 2 impact hits i rolled a 12 and completely slaughtered the knights in one turn. My Pump Wagon then immediately ran off the board edge on the next turn. Brian failed a charge with his Daemon Prince and Once Chosen on my boar boys which got the Prince and Chosen caught by a Mangler which rolled an 8 on his 2d6 and blew the naked Daemon Prince off the field turn 2 and killed 2/6 of the Once Chosen unit. He ran his Skullcrusher unit into my other Mangler which rolled badly but still killed a Crusher. A silly combat middle saw my 50 Forest Goblins and Giant charge his Great Weapon Nurgle Warriors. My giant rolled a "Bellow" combat ended right there with no wounds and my full unit of 50 Goblins and Giant chased down his 21 Lovely Nurgle Warriors With his only wizard in it. And this was all by the end of turn 2. My remaining Mangler ran around in a corner for the rest of the game. Brian continued to fight and his unit of 21 Khorne warriors killed my BSB Stone Idol and then his unit of Crushers with BSB and the Warriors completely massacred some Cave Goblins EVEN while weathering the storm of Fanatics that he charged through bravely! (they removed 2 more Crusher models) after that combat an awkward (frenzy induced) overrun caused his remaining Khorne Warriors to get caught by an Arachnarok in the front and the remaining boars in the rear. This is where Brian started rolling armour saves like a champ, but to little to late as the boars chased down the Warriors leaving the Spider to turn around and fight his soul surviving crusher. The rest of the crushers at this point got pin cushioned by my 2 remaining Bolt Throwers. But this one Crusher fought 2 whole turns before going down. actually traded blows with the spider easily getting him down to 2/8 wounds remaining! Brian fought it right to the end but my Forest Goblins had returned from the 11" Pursuit after the Nurgle Warriors to claim the point on turn 5. Was definitely a fun game, both running 4500 points. Caused me to leave alot of character items at home, My trolls and my 21 Savage Orks... I'm honestly ok with this i think.

Think we are going to have a rematch at 4500 points this Saturday!
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:12 pm

Nathan R and i had a game last night. I won the secondary objective and had a small point advantage. Both were painted. Ended up 16 to 8 for me
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:05 am

is this the total after secondary and then add painting

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:05 pm

Nathan counted it up but i believe its the complete total everything in
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:45 pm

for future reference when scoring battle reports.......give the final total with secondary and painting counted.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:55 pm

Yep it was an 11-9 victory for Andre.  +2 each for being painted and then he got the secondary objective so +3 for him and -3 for me.

It was looking really bed for the dark elves but my general's unit went on a tear starting in the 5th turn, running through a mammoth and a unit of yetis and into a second unit of yetis.  If I'd done better I could have rolled up his general, bsb, a monster and 2 units in 3 rounds of combat.  Still, I think I did ok.  I killed 2/3 of the giants and 2/3 of the yeti units.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:57 pm

Your general is in that nasty block of Raptor Riders right?

How is he geared out save wise? 1+/4+ ? Unless its a big secret.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:59 pm

Dont think it changes the result any but i did give Nathan full points for one yeti unit that managed to rally in bottom of 5. Would have been 175pts i my favor
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Andre and Debbie came down for the weekend, so Andre and I had a game. My TK vs his Yeti Ogre army.

Battle line, no secondary and Andre gave me first turn. Game only went to turn three and I stole every model of his from the table.

Only one charge from my Chariots turn one, which over ran some Scrapplings (or whatever they are called) and crashed into his BSB and Yeti unit. His Giant counter charged, but my Chariots caused 12 impact wounds (!) which caused his unit to flee (which never returned) and I got stuck with the Giant a couple rounds. On the right flank, his large Ogre unit ended up fighting Ushabti, a War sphinx and Necro Knights. My momentum just kept going, but Andre wouldn't stick his hand out until I took the last wound from his army. Totally Respect that.

17-3 for me, but both painted so 19-5 in total.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Don is neglecting to tell the part where my scraplings finished up his war sphinx before dying to the necroknights. We talked briefly about this list and if i decide to keep at it awhile i may drop one unit of yetis for something to be determined.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Dom and I played a game last night. He took dwarfs against my yeti list. It went to 6 turns but i am ready to sell an abused hunter general yeti list...anyone. Dom's not in the league but he won 17 to 3 so whatever pts i get for a non league game
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:40 pm

fuckin dwarfs eh! Very Happy

non league games are 5 points

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:13 pm

As per usual there were lots of casulties on both sides but after killing Dom's kings guard unit his king general got his revenge.

One of the big problems with my list is that i give up 400 prs fairly easy when my General and bsb die as they are in units of 5 yeti which is max size for those units
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Just wondering, why so many Yeti's then? (you run multiple units dont you?) Just cause you got the models or? I honestly thought they had a REGEN save or something more than a 5+ AS. Is it to get the -1 ini? or the Vanguard?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 pm

Nah its just to try running a mammoth hunter general list and test the viability...its zero
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Mhael wrote:Nah its just to try running a mammoth hunter general list and test the viability...its zero

I admire you for trying it. Theme lists are my thing...and I agree, they often don't work.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:53 pm

Ha phew glad to hear Andre, and agree love that your not going main stream deathstar ogres. Altho to be fair i've been reading ogres are having alot of problems in 9th.

I was just sitting here building my new ogre army and thinking you fuckers better not let me down or i know a giant pot to melt your fat asses in haha

Whats your core look like?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top