9th league scoring reports

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 9th league scoring reports

Post  Kal on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:34 pm

So the greenskins didn't do well against the rats today. What magic were you using Nathan?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:41 am

I still miss Insane Courage. Appropriately named and occasionally brilliant.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:03 am

Kal wrote:So the greenskins didn't do well against the rats today. What magic were you using Nathan?

I have exclusively used shamanism for 1.3. I like it, mainly for the beast within and break the spirit. I did end up losing the beast within though after 1(useless) cast of it on turn one in this game, which really sucked.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:13 am

Honestly thats the only lore that im seeing being worth it as well. The reliability of being able to take 0. I think every lore needs a 0. I hate being stuck with a spell. I think im going to try shamanism next game. No more just goblins
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:15 pm

I should of mentioned that we need to state which players were fully painted in reports now.

Nathan was fully painted in our last game for +2

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:38 pm

So my Orcs and Goblins went up against Don's Chaos-looking Kingdom of Equitane earlier today, it was a bloodbath.

Turn 1 saw the greenskins take the first turn after some jockeying for position during vanguards. It started well for the greenskins, as orc boys with bows and a units of goblin wolf riders managed to shoot a unit of yeomen into panicking, they commenced to run right off the board. This was good for the greenskins, as now Don didn't have anything able to easily remove the mangler squig who was looking down at his general unit of knights. Turn 1 for the Kingdom saw Don put his pegasus knights into the mangler to get it off the board, in fury and inpart due to the fact it was buffed to s7, it annihilated the entire unit, doing 6 wounds! Don also charged my main line horde of Iron Orcs, complete with bsb and general with his generals unit and his other unit of knights. This combat was bloody in the first round, with Don managing 11 wounds and winning by a lot, but Iron Orcs are stubborn, and with 2 tries I passed my test easily. Don also charged into my 6 strong unit of cave trolls with a unit of questing(? the guys with great weapons) knights. This was a very interesting combat; I only managed to kill 2 knights with 6 troll vomits, he managed to do 3 wounds, all of which I failed to save, which took away my steadfast. I then was testing on a 5 two times, thankfully I made the fist. This was a huge win for the greenskins, if he had gotten into my backfield that early the game would not have ended the same way.

My turn 2 saw my boar boys with an orc lord charge into the questing knight troll combat, they were able to kill the knights to a man and reform. I also managed to get one giant into a combat with a block of normal knights with bsb, this was a long charge and really helped me again. The giant lost the first round of combat taking 4 wounds but held on his break test. It should be said this giant made like 4 6++ saves somehow, which was ultimately the reason he was able to win the next combat and chase down the knights, crazy I know. This round also saw the iron orcs win vs the 2 knight blocks the were fighting, his general decided to flee but the other block held. On Don's turn 2 he rallied his general's unit and charged a unit of pegasus knights into my boar boys with lord. The pegasus knights rolled like shit, did nothing took 3 wounds I believe but held. Don also managed to get one of his grail knight units into my orc boys bunker, they killed stuff but the bunker was within inspiring presence and hold your ground range so they didn't move.

My turn 3 I charge my giant into the pegasus knights flank, I win the combat, don't pursue with the boar riders, do pursue with the giant but fail the catch the last pegasus knight. I also charged one of my goblin wolf rider units into the corner flank of Don's other unit of grail knights, holding them in place for a turn as I readied the boar boys to charge next turn. I moved my trolls toward the orc boy grail knight combat, readying them. I also moved my last mangler through his general's unit, killing the rest of the unit but not the general. On Don's turn three he charged the general back into the iron orcs, trying to get the last 2 wounds on my general but was unable to, I was also unable to kill him but he fled again. I did no pursue and decided instead to focus attention on the grail knights in combat with my orc boy wizard bunker.

My turn 4 I charged my trolls into the flank of the grail knights fighting vs the bunker. I also charged my boar riders into the front of the other grail knights engaged with the wold riders. I won both combats, Don conceded.

Ended 18-2 for me, I was fully painted Don was not.

Some thoughts:
- Mikinok's totem is so good when you build a unit around it. No magic items for any unit fighting the iron orcs is the best!

- Iron Orcs lords with mundane weapons are better than you'd think. In this game Don's lord was the scariest thing I could have fought against, as I had to accept challenges issued by him, and he had the ability to re-roll failed to hit and to wound when fighting in a challenge (knight vows are not magic items), and he had 2+ armour with s6 from the lance charge. My general survived thanks to 3+ armour, and now I'll love him forever.

- Dice were very average for the both of us I think, I don't think either of us had crazy luck with anything, with the major exception being 4 ward saves made by the giant, that ish was cray. On these same lines neither of us had crazy bad luck either, which is nice actually, losing because you failed 2 leadership tests on 9 or less sucks (although Don did miss two 8s in a row to run from the giant, fear is great).

- The manglers did work, taking like 600 points at least off the table.

- I did not miss having no war machines, besides the fact I didn't have a doom diver to look at, I love those things.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:06 am

Good report Nathan, Remember that 17-3 is the top score unless you had played with secondary objectives. Also, In report you guys have to tell me if either one of you were fully painted.

Sean, Is Justin thinking of joining the league? I havn't recorded your game with him yet. If its non league you just get a straight 5 points.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:22 pm

Carson wrote: Remember that 17-3 is the top score unless you had played with secondary objectives.

Roger that, 17-3.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:58 pm

The report Nathan posted was pretty much exactly as I remember it, and reading it, If a couple dice rolls had been different, it could have been a closer game. It was a good game though!

Good report Nathan, Remember that 17-3 is the top score unless you had played with secondary objectives. Also, In report you guys have to tell me if either one of you were fully painted.

To be fair, you have mentioned 18-2 was the best you could get (I'm too lazy to check) and he did mention in the battle report about the painting. Wink

Starting today I'm reading the rule book cover to cover and making notes, leave tabs, etc. I hate not knowing rules for a game I've played for 20 years. Smile
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:20 pm

Yeah, they changed the score chart. Missed about the painting though!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:03 pm

What revision of the rules are we using for playiffs...1.3?
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:37 pm

yup

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:38 am

Played a game with Sean on Saturday, he won.  It got cut short but if we'd played it out it only would have gotten worse for me.  1600 point difference so 14-6 for Sean.  I was fully painted and Sean was not.

I'm not going to write up a story like the other Nathan but it was a fun game and I enjoyed it. Thanks Sean!
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Played 7 games over the weekend:

1st game was the previous league's final against Don. He won spectacularly, I didn't have an answer to his bloodthirster. It definitely wasn't "stand there and get charged by it" which was what I tried.

2nd game was against Dwayne's Empire. My citizen spears tried the same tactic against his greatsword-weilding imperial guard with the same result. I should really try a to make a different plan. Dwayne won convincingly 17-3.

3rd game was against Justin's Skaven. I rolled like it was my job to roll 5's and 6's and I was up for promotion. Despite my best efforts and brilliant tactical dice rolling skills I just couldn't kill enough skaven to win. Justin took this game by 17-3.

4th game was a fun little civil war between mine and Andre's dwarfs. Our armies were practically mirror images of each other so it all came down to who could wield the stunties better. Turns out Andre is a master dwarf tactician and completely outwitted me. 17-3.

5th game was against Sean's Chaos Dwarfs. I didn't do much right in this game. My magic defense was non-existent and Sean was very good at rolling 2-3 dice and getting high teens for his casting attempts. Every spell in the alchemy lore is effective against bretonnians and every turn saw my armour melting away and my weapons losing their effectiveness. Couple that with some successful long charges by Sean and it was a recipe for disaster. 17-3 for Sean.

6th game was a rematch against Sean's Chaos Dwarfs and this time the shoe was on the other foot. My wood elves sent the evil stunties limping back to their tunnels without any firewood. 17-3 for me.

7th game was against Brian's Warriors of the Dark God's. High off their recent victory, the wood elves realized too late that these chaos-worshippers have longer legs than their shorter brethren. Brian's army closed very quickly and I was caught off-guard and out of position. I tried to salvage it with some charges but my wild hunters must have been hung-over from drinking too much mead out of chaos dwarf skulls or something because they performed terribly. Brian mercilessly ground me into the dust. 16-4.

I was fully painted in all my games so you can add +2 to each of those. I tried to keep my points low in most of my games so that the math is easier (3+2=5).
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:08 pm

nathanr wrote:

3rd game was against Justin's Skaven.  I rolled like it was my job to roll 5's and 6's and I was up for promotion.  Despite my best efforts and brilliant tactical dice rolling skills I just couldn't kill enough skaven to win.  Justin took this game by 17-3.

Yeah your saves definitely had me hating life and wanting to throw stuff at your face... But I'd never do that! I was also fully painted.
bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Great post Nathan. Smile
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Andre and I threw down today as the Empire faced off against an Ogre Hunter Party. Some light skirmishing occurred on the flanks with my griffon knights failing 3 charges (two triple ones) and weathering a shower of thrown weapons (100 attacks) and taking only a single wound.

In the middle was where the fun was though as my artillery wrecked a frost auroch and my greatswords got in with some yetis and giants. A large grind took place with both of us taking some large casualties. The battle finally broken when my dragon charged some yetis in the flank and managed to win the combat. (Leaving 4 greatswords, my BSB and my Prelate to run down his general).

Andre's ogres weren't done though as a giant charged my general, and cried at him. Failing a re-rollable leadership (rolled 11 twice) my dragon decided it was tired and only ran 3 inches. The giant landed near my steam tank, who's commander was so enraged at seeing his prince ran down, smashed his tank into the giant kililng him.

At the end, it was a brutal combat with many losses on both sides. I managed a hard fought win of 12-8 (neither was fully painted).
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:48 pm

sounds like an epic fight.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:14 am

Best moment of the game was the giant running down my dragon. Comedy of errors on a game table!
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:04 am

Definitely sounds like an awesome game guys haha
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:58 am

I guess Dwayne is blocking out that greatswords should not try and run with pointy objects. He charged with a spell causing dt2 to 40 dudes doing 12 wounds
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Ive had Brian pin down a unit or two with that spell. Really makes you think twice about pursuits and overruns.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:43 pm

These games got played last week... ALtho id love to do up a giant battle report of what happened but quite frankly i dont remember... me and Brian had 2 games, Chaos Warriors VS Chaos Dwarves, Long story short chaos was happy that day. Sean won both games 15-5 and 12-8:: Both were played with 2nd objectives, I got the first game objective by securing his deployment zone and Brian mopped up all my flags to secure the objective the 2nd game and i think i managed to run down his barbarian unit to get 1 flag. Second game could have been a easy win for Brian as he completely dominated the objectives but his Daemon Prince wasnt fast enough to chase down my long legged dwarves. but the daemon prince ran just far enough to get into range of a volley of str 4 AP 1 Flintlock Axes so i blew that daemon prince to pieces next turn. Anyways great games, still kinda getting the feel of our armies for 9th! lots of stuff getting tuned in. Looking forward to our next game, neither fully painted lol.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:38 pm

Ok, I have the games sorted out now......remember, you can only play the same opponent twice and count points, plus, non league games count for 5 points no matter the outcome.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:58 pm

Mhael wrote:I guess Dwayne is blocking out that greatswords should not try and run with pointy objects. He charged with a spell causing dt2 to 40 dudes doing 12 wounds

Don't run with scissors... check.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top