9th league scoring reports

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 9th league scoring reports

Post  squalie on Fri May 06, 2016 10:26 pm

Carson wrote:Are these problems with the wording in the new 1.0 dwarf rules or is it still a beta version. I'd be surprised if it would stay like that, they've been really good at cleaning things up like that.....such as my unkillable varkolak that I was playing wrong.

Lol, another good thing about 9th - if it seems too good to be true....

Last edited by squalie on Fri May 06, 2016 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri May 06, 2016 10:34 pm

yeah for sure, first time I read the varkolak rules I thought....I want two of these in every army.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun May 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Andre and myself threw down this morning, his dwarves throng against my undead. I won by 463pts and also captured a secondary objective for 3 extra points.

Andre's shooting combinations were crazy good but I had the numbers to soak it up, although he did take quite a few point units by it. Hold guardians were really cool to fight against, super tough unit but not op.

I tried a different list today with more infantry and less monsters, even my vampire was foot slogging.

Fun game as always, thanks Andre for coming over.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun May 08, 2016 3:54 pm

It was a close game throughout Carson did get a major swing when my generals unit of marksmen fled from a combat resolution that had no wounds from either side. He charged barrow knights with vampire lord in. We bitch slapped the air then i failed my leadership with no bsb.
We did resolve some of the coptor issues. The 0-2 choice should be in the main heading not under each subcategory.
We found that dangerous terrain tests may have changed back to their former single dice test.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun May 08, 2016 9:09 pm

Mhael wrote:We did resolve some of the coptor issues. The 0-2 choice should be in the main heading not under each subcategory.

I'm not sure that's right Andre. You can still have 3 steam copter choices in an army but a maximum of 2 of any one type.

Same with field artillery. Max of 3 field artillery pieces but only 2 of them can be organ guns because they have a 0-2 limit on them so the third would have to be one of the other types.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun May 08, 2016 9:59 pm

Yes 0- 2 choices of up to two units of attack coptors equals four total attack coptors. I can only field two individual bombers or two individual flame coptors or two individual attack coptors with the difference being i can increase the size of unit on the attack coptors for 65pts to two

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun May 08, 2016 10:08 pm

i think you've got it right but you can only take 3 choices total whatever the combination. If you wanted the most models possible you'd max out on attack choppers (2 units of 2) and then take 1 choice of either a steam bomber or a flame copter. That would be 3 steam copter choices and being a special choice, 3 is the limit.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun May 08, 2016 10:24 pm

Yes this is exactly what Carson and i came up with too

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon May 16, 2016 8:33 am

Nathan vs Dom, Massacre win for Dom (won by 2000ish points)

Nathan vs Andre, Draw (Andre up by 100ish points)

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon May 16, 2016 1:58 pm

I will text nathan all the scores for the games played

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat May 21, 2016 11:21 pm

I have some reports!!

Played against Frank today, my TK Construct army against his Dark Elves.  It was a good game, but a big swing when his Witch Elf unit failed a break test which opened up one side of the table for me.  Just kept grinding away.  My 10 Ushabti unit was pretty stellar against his Executioners and it seemed like I hadn't played a game in 10 years.  I was so rusty with the rules it was embarrassing. His xbows brought down a Warsphinx and narrowly missed killing my Dreadsphinx.  Pesky little blighters they are. Anyways, I took 2441 points from Frank and only lost 695.  Please help me to convince Frank to use a BSB as he would probably have won the game but his break test rolls were horrible.  Pretty much rolled 11-12 on about 5 important rolls.

That warmed me up for the next game against Brian and his Lizardmen.  A very, very good game that wasn't looking good for me midgame when I suggested to Brian that he redirect his character riding Engine of the Gods Steg into my Seaguard hiding my Archmage (aren't I noice?).  It was ugly for me and my unit died, but my General was quickly forgotten as I tried to tighten my belt and grab points where I could.  Most interesting fight was my BSB with a few Swordmasters flank charged the Solar powered armoured Dinosaur, can't remember name, and still could only get a push.  The thing then stomped the Bejeezus out of the so-called Masters and the BSB was left standing covered in Blood.  He finally did the job but it was tense.  Brian was a great opponent and is truly enthusiastic about the game which makes it fun. He took a healthy 1892 points from me but the Highest of Elves ground out 2411 points from Brian.  50 point banners can really add up in 9th and even though I couldn't kill it I really like how characters on Monsters are playable and not broken.

Also, Justin decided to grace us with his presence. He didn't bring his Skaven but I think we got him thinking....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun May 22, 2016 2:54 pm

nice, great to see Justin out!

bsb's are pretty much an auto include.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian on Tue May 24, 2016 2:20 pm

Sunday, Sean and I had a game TK vs lizards. I lost on turn 5 when I gave up, I had half a unit of temple guard and he had over half his army left.

Monday was dwarves vs lizards and I won turn 6 with 2018 and he had 961. he brought a minimal unit list that just couldn't stand up to my big blocks of lizards.

sorry I don't have more details, it has been a crazy weekend and it is kind of hard to remember every detail. Thanks

Brian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue May 24, 2016 2:32 pm

Both super fun games, i honestly can say i thought i had the game in the bag but i just couldnt actually finish any of his units with my dwarves.

and to be fair in the TK game "half my army" was 2/3 sphinxs with 1 wound left and half a unit of a 40 man Tomb Guard unit. so it was close game for quite a while, me 1st turn blowing his BSB+ Dino off the field helped me alot, very lucky spell.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue May 24, 2016 2:47 pm

Ok, I'm going to try to get caught up with the league points tonight/tomorrow morning. Sorry for dropping the ball guys.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed May 25, 2016 7:47 pm

I was able to grab a game with Bob at my place. My vampire counts vs Bobs Warriors. Ive kept a fairly consistent list throughout the league other than characters. The Undead really rely upon the magic phase to compete in combat and replenish losses. Ive been struggling to come up with a combination that gives a reliable magic phase but haven't had a lot of luck. This game was no different but I was able to hold off Bobs flanking forces long enough to compensate for the lack of magic and deal with his main line.

If Bob would of been able to bring his flankers in it wouldn't of been pretty. The Varkolak was the mvp for me in holding off 2 wrath chariots and a unit of skull crushers.

final score bob 487, carson 1204. However Bob scored the secondary objective.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:00 am

Had 2 games yesterday, one against Carson and his VC and Dom and his Ogres.

20-3 victory for me against Carson. My first spell of the game completely obliterated his tough vamp on beast that roams around just killing stuff. My momentum continued and Carson extended his hand so the remaining Vamps could just go home. A good birthday gift for him would be a set of new Vampire dice as he may have thrown his out. Wink

Against Dom and those sodding Ogres was a different story. I extended my hand after the results of the big battle in the center. I only really had my archer units left and I saved us another hour by not making him hunt those down so 20-3 in Dom's favour? I feel I'm getting the hang of those Ogres but can't seem to crack them just yet. I felt strong at the beginning of the game, but a big unit of Ogres with 4+ regen is a brick wall and they ground down my poor Tomb Kings until there wasn't much left but the crying. It was actually a fun game and came down to a big multi combat in the center of the ring, but his universe became all strength 6-7 and I couldn't knit my bones back together fast enough to compensate. Where Carson had difficulty dealing with Sphinx toughness 8, Dom and a few spells didn't have that trouble at all.

I was extended a challenge from Andre, but I took the low road and cowered back to Moose Jaw. Andre gets first game next visit. Hoping to have my Warriors or Daemons at least glued together for next event.

I had such a good time with such good guys - I have no idea why there isn't more people doing this. Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:36 pm

Dom brought his ogres over to fight against my flying dawi. 3 units of belchers spent all game targeting my hold guardians that managed to still see the unit champion dancing in his deployment zone. Meanwhile on my left flank a unit of attack coptors and two grudgebusters managed to prevent one block unit from rolling up my flank. In the center was nothing but death as two units of marksmen and two organ guns chewed through everything that came down the middle. There was a moment where Dom had some good pressure coming but his generals init failed two leadership tests to run from my guns.
We played for sticks in the other sides deployment zone as a secondary objective with neither achieving a point. In the end it was a 15-5 victory for me scoring about 1100 pts more than Dom

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Sean TK vs Brian Lizards

Brian Won 1970 vs 1420

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:18 am

Carson and I played last night. I thought the game was going well until Carson's vampire lord took down two treemen in two turns. That combined with a 12 dice magic phase for the vampires sealed my fate. I still managed to do ok, especially with my shooting so it wasn't a complete rout. 1850-1200 (or so). It was a good game and I'm looking forward to the tournament, haven't decided what to take though.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:57 pm

My Vampire finally decided to show up for a game, first time since the league started. Ive been running the same build on him since the start and last night was the perfect storm. (str7 flaming lance against a big ass tree.)

I thought it was a really tight game until the 12 dice magic phase blew it open.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:18 am

Dom and i threw down last night...
He played a thrown together o & g list. With two giants manglers on one flank and two git launchers and chariots on the other with block units of orcs and goblins in the middle with another smaller unit of crossbows and arachnarock.
I took turn one and increased the range of my marksmen who made short work of his crossbows.
Dom managed a sweet mangler and giant combo on my hold guardians that only managed to get two guardians but he also wrecked my steambomber and two coptirs with his other mangler.
Unfortunately that was the extent of his positive notes as magic didnt cooperate with him and he was unable to close ranks with his other units. With sturdy giving me no negative to ballistic on stand and shoot. 22 hitting on 2s wounding on 4s surprised his orc horde...it was quite softened up already.
Surprising my grudgebusters ganged up on the arachnarock and the remaining orc crossbows through a few rounds of combat. I did lose one buster but 6 d3 strength 5 hits...awesome when you roll mostly 6s and 5s.
In the end Dom extended his hand and i had lost a grudge buster steambomber two attack coptors and an organ gun. Massacre for the dwarfs with over 1700pts difference.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:44 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top