Andre dwarfs vs Don high elves 53pt difference for Don 5-5
Andre dwarfs vs Bob dark elves 1300 pts difference 7-3 Andre
Andre dwarfs vs Nathan dark elves less than 100pts for Andre 5-5

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9th league scoring reports

Post  nathanr on Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:09 am

Nathan Vs Bob - Don't remember who won that one, it was bloody though and went until 3:00 AM
Nathan Vs Dom - Dom won but we didn't add up the points
Nathan Vs Andre - Draw but Andre had the edge on points - 5-5

Sorry guys I didn't keep track of my results very well. I'll do better next time.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:06 am

Don vs Andre - draw. Really close, good game. If this is always how 9th is - I'm in.
Don vs Carson - win (we never added it up)
Don vs Dom - crushing loss, Ogres are tough

I know I'm a pain in the ass, but I love the crew we have and actually have the temptation to start another army. Haven't had that in a long time, so let's do what we can to keep this going.

As an aside, my wife loves all the wives. She had a blast and had nothing but good things to say about your better halves.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:38 am

Sean (Tomb King) vs Brian (WoC) - Crushing win for Sean

Very close game, 30 Tomb Guard went up against 4 Skullcrushers and obliterated them, only to get counter charged by a chariot in the front, a daemon prince in the flank and a unit of 25 GW wielding Chosen on the other flank... No skeletons left after that fight Razz

Sean (Dwarves) vs Brian (WoC) - Brian gave up on turn 4

After alot of failed charges against alot of stand and shoot units he really didnt have much left to keep the fight going. He did have an impressive horde of 50 Barbarians that looked awesome on the field.

Fun games, still very much so enjoying 9th, Ogre army is in the works for me!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:16 am

Sean (Dwarf) vs Ryen (WoC) - Crushing Win For Sean

Another good game altho i am getting a little bored of beating up chaos Wink ha. Same list i used against Brian's Chaos yesterday. Alot of unmaked unequiped units in the chaos army, he was going for more bodies and less gear. It worked really well because he had almost double my units and my biggest unit was 20 guys and all of his had atleast 20 as well. Ancient Chimera and a Daemon Prince weathered a IronDrake stand and shoot and then charged in and obliterated my poor little dwarves. Highlight for my army was I took a super risky catapult shot that was a little to close to my own lines because it scattered 10" right on top of my crossbowmen which then took a bunch of wounds which then fled off the field so that happened haha. Terrain played a huge part in funneling his more units into nice little columns for me to shoot one at a time, his girlfriend set up the terrain for us so no one to blame but her. Was a fun game going to get a few more in this weekend i think.

Also was talking to Justin and i think we may see the Skaven back on the battlefield sometime this weekend.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Are these all actual massacres Sean? Are you using the scoring system in the rulebook?

I've got the standings set up to use this scoring system (found on page 87 of the rulebook) for 2400 point games:

Victory Points Difference:
0-240 = Draw
241-600 = Minor Victory
601-1200 = Major Victory
Greater than 1200 = Massacre

Also let me know if you had a secondary objective and who (if anyone) claimed that. Right now I've got it set up for one secondary objective and it can only be counted if someone wins it.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:25 pm

Yessir, that last game i reported i think i scooped like under 10 dwarves total, the unit of Crossbowmen and a warmachine and he only had a half health Daemon Prince left at the end of turn 5.

The TK Game i didnt have a BSB and he failed to kill my general and i was Bannerless in my units so extra 200 points for killing his BSB and General and i was capturing banners all day long.

And the him giving up game i assume i get a crushing by default?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:43 pm

Yep conceding gives your opponent a massacre.

You were just calling them all "crushing" so I wanted to make sure that meant "massacre" and not "Major Win"

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Ah yes sorry. Nope I meant massacre.

WoC are going to get revenge on some Dwarves again tonight. Brian vs Me

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Really sounds like you need to up you game opponents for a challenge. Don??

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Ive called Don out a couple of times.

Brian crushed me in two games last week. Its not that these guys are pushovers just a good couple of games.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:58 pm

I would also suggest that if your opponents are not active members of the forum they can't be in the league. Any chance they'd like to join the forum Sean? I know I'd love to have our group grow. You should bring them out to the next game day.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:26 pm

Also was talking to Justin and i think we may see the Skaven back on the battlefield sometime this weekend.

You and Justin are talking? Indeed these are the end times...

And pleeeaaase don't let Sean make it sound like he's been pestering for games and being ignored. He casually mentions at best and stays in his comfort zone where he knows he can beat his friends Chaos consistently.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 pm

I would also suggest that one might actually have to travel to that far away land called Saskatoon in order to play in the playoffs. Since Sean refuses to attend any tournaments or events that I run, how about all playoff games take place at my house...........

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:29 am

I'm sensing alot of hostilities, alright gentlemen i agree unless they are on the form they dont count, Ryen was over last night building the brand new Chimera and Chaos lord he bought from GW and assembling 20 Chaos Warriors i sold him, but ill tell him he doesnt count Wink oh and Sam has already started making awesome terrain for the table they are making and assembling a Phoenix for her high elves, but again ill tell her she doesnt count Wink - But in all seriousness i did talk to them and they are going to hold back joining for a bit till they get more experience with the game.

But as for Brian aka Raptor Tamer, Don has fought him in Warthrone and he has beaten me many games before and knows the rules almost as well as i do. And i dont recall you guys saying anything when i very first started and joined the league even tho all i did was get my butt kicked. its not my fault me and Brian can have so many games, so yes he is in and our games count. Im just going to point this out, again im not speaking for him because i dont know why he doesnt post on here anymore. but he still is crazy active on a ton of other forms and Warhammer facebook pages.... hmm odd... wonder why Wink

@ Don - I am always asking for a game, shall i post the emails i dont get responses too? Wink

I jest as Don is a grown man with grown up responsibilities and a Family, i dont expect tiny plastic men to come as a priority, but me and Brian are mid 20's losers with nothing to do BUT play with tiny men every chance we see eachother, you know you like it Wink so HENCE the multitude of games.

@ Carson - I dont refuse, im taking a stubborn stand for no reason or wait i think the reason was a Masters event i showed up to 3/4 and couldnt make the last one because of work but was in first place going into it. No longer first once i couldnt make one of the events, makes me kind of salty hence the refusal to go to Masters anymore. i do it with many things. Such as MCD's stickers on their coffee's, you guys know them save 7 stickers and you get one FREE MEDIUM! MEDIUM!?! fuck you McDonalds not a Large? so because im a stubborn asshole i refuse to use this system and have like 60 + stickers on my door frame in my gaming room. SEE just stubborn for no reason its quite a fun way to live your life Carson Smile BUT as you use to be the butt of all the "not showing up jokes" i supose it is my turn to take my lumps. and i will be showing up for the next event.

DAMN im good at rambling, sorry day off. ANYWAYS on that note me and Brian had a game yesterday.

Sean (Dwarf) vs Brian (WoC) - Major Win for Sean

This game was alot closer, and actually ended with me only having a 75% full unit of Iron Guard with BSB and General in it, a small unit of Irondrakes and a catapult left. He only had about 20% of a horde of Barbarians left with General, lvl4 and Barbarian Lord. A unlucky failed charges put a block of Warriors out in the open giving a whole flank to my unit of Iron Guards and i managed to remove enough ranks to out rank him and cause the Warriors to flee. He had a unit of 5 knights that chomped through a unit of rangers, survived 2 barrages of throwing weapons and munched through a unit of 20 Long Beards with greatweapons. Brian is getting pritty nasty with magic, and getting a good handle on it as he dominated the magic phases and the initiative killing spells hurt dwarves alot Sad

Was a good game a couple of rolls went different and i would have easily lost as i was running out of steam as soon as i couldnt shoot anymore. But we are definitely going to get 2-3 more in this weekend atleast, the Lizardmen and Vampire Counts are getting dusted off.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:59 am

A guy complaining about free stuff tells you everything you need to know.

Anyways, hostilities might be a strong word - more like frustration. I've backed out on frank too. - and I love frank, but life can get complicated.

Anyways, I'll go you one farther: let's set up a few tables and have a games day at my house with these fellows you game with. A Saturday or Sunday and I'll buy pizza. I'll post the weekends that can't work and you guys go from there.

Sound cool?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:34 pm

Sean, of course you can't win the masters if you don't attend all the tournaments! It's a 4 tournament circuit. If you were an athlete on the World Cup circuit and missed an event you wouldn't be in the running for the overall points either. You could have still won an award at the individual tournaments if getting prizes is your motivation to come to events.

I wasn't implying that your opponents don't matter, And I think it is great that you are getting so many games in. It is inspiring and it makes me wish I had more time for gaming. However, signing guys up for the league if they have no intention to actively participate in said league or play games with anyone but you is baffling to me. Especially because you've backed out of the last few playoffs you've been involved in and have made it publicly known that you aren't very committed to attending events.

I don't like singling people out but you were the one active guy on the forum that didn't attend Carson's weekend and your excuses were pretty lame. now that Carson is off the farm and more available for gaming I think you've taken his lame excuse cancellation title.

That said, we as a group need to be aware of the impression we are giving those who are looking in from the outside. Don, you publicly called out a bunch of guys who we'd like to see back but then a few posts later the group is laying into Sean pretty hard. It doesn't seem really welcoming even if most of the posts are meant as light-hearted teasing. Here we have 3 new guys that seem enthusiastic about the game, who are playing games, and instead of welcoming them into the group we are bashing the link to the group (Sean). I think Don's offer for a game weekend is a great one. Hopefully if it happens and your guys show up I'll be able to attend as well.

TLDR: we all need to make an effort to be more civil on here and Sean and Co. need to make an effort to play other people in the league as well.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:10 pm

True Nathan, but its so easy and fulfilling with Sean though. Personally I can't relate to the mentality of "I won't attend if I can't win " deal.

And Yes.......I was the king of lame excuses......but no more baby!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:14 pm

@ Don - That sounds like a very "Don" thing to do (which is a good thing btw) yes sounds very cool, should be fun. You let us know what works and we will make it happen no matter what. There will be 5 of us unless we can convince Justin or Frank to join. but if we have an odd number you vs Brian and i'll supervise the two newer players. Sound good?

@ Nathan - My point was i didnt know i was in first until after the event and since i couldnt have made that date anyways its like having a boxing match when you know the guy in 1st isnt going to beable to make it on that day, i mean if the guy in last cant make it its meh doesnt matter but if the whole top 5 rankings become skewed because one guy couldnt make it? idk just doesnt seem like a good way to run multiple event tourneys imo.

I never said they didnt want to face other people or not come to events, come on guys... like we have had ONE 9th event that i didnt make it to, we are gonna base everyone i sign up and myself on that one missed event from now on? But again drop Ryen and Sam from the league 100% they can join when they feel like it. and Brian is going to be attending events with me, he just doesnt wish to use this form anymore so i signed up for him.

I'm honestly not butt hurt about being made fun of, i understand that most of it is deserved. But i will agree if i didnt know you guys looking in from the outside this place seems a little like a bitch fight at times. I know we all joke like this in person but online sometimes you gotta fake niceness, till we meet you in person and just find out your an asshole that doesnt actually mean it Smile (no one in specific in mind here, honest)

@ Carson - I'm glad i can give you purpose Carson, but honestly winning has nothing to do with it at all, i play many things i dont win at. Just doesnt seem like a fair representation of the standing because i COULDNT make it. 1st place cant make it? meh lets have it anyways. again i may be thinking to much into this. I think your still the king... i have had one lame excuse for a Wife Weekend, you have ... well more Smile but if im the new king i demand your crown then Carson, im ASSUMING you have one.

In conclusion, after there is more then 1 event that has happened for 9th and AND AND the Saskatoon guys actually make an effort to show up to some of MOOSE JAW and Regina's events, i mean we have 1 event for every 5 in Saskatoon, i understand its a Saskatoon league but if we are going to make up almost half your numbers lets have a little give and take here eh? The last weekend Don hosted i think one person from Saskatoon showed up and a total of 4 guys were there... like ouch. But seriously We will be showing up for the next event 100% atleast me and Brian. Hell Brian with a fully painted Chaos Army. Impressive eh? For being civil on the form, i'll work on it from my end.

On that note I might not have a job as of April 1st and if thats the case im moving back to Ontario so this all becomes rather inconsequential at that point doesnt it boys? haha

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:35 pm

I'll try to stop being an asshole. It won't be easy - it's all I know.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:10 pm

I would call it keepin it real.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:55 am

Ok, how about this: †I'll keep everyone signed up for the league, if they end up playing only you and each other I'll go back and weed out all those games at the end of the league. With modern technology these days it is easy enough to do.

In the meantime, get looking for a new job around here Sean, despite everything we'd like to keep you around.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:17 am

"Ha despite everything" well that makes it sound alot worse then i thought lol.

Another game yesterday

Sean (Vampire Counts) vs Brian (Lizardmen) Major Win for Sean

Honestly, this game looked like it was 100% going in Brians favor for the first 3-4 turns, there is a Lizardmen item called Black Cube and every one of my magic phases i lose a magic dice because of it. Right off the top of my pool. every magic phase i was rolling a 2/3 and a 1 and then id lose a dice to Black Cube and then Brian would channel because he brought more wizards then me. So most magic phases ended up with me with 3 dice and Brian getting 4 dispel Dice haha. Brians luck changed when one of his Priests was out on his own outside a unit and i blew him apart with a spell. Then he miscast on his Slann while casting through his other Skink Priest, ha this is funny cuz the skink priest's brain melted. He had a skink character on a Stegadon and they had a total of 2d6 impact hits! was very deadly. Was a good game i for sure dont like VC as much as i like my TK. The Tomb Kings just seem to be more synergetic

Anyways schedules lined up and Ryen (WoC) is going to fight Brian (Lizards) this morning as long as both of them get their asses up in time.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:39 am

Another game yesterday gentlemen

Sean (VC) vs Ryen (WoC) - Minor Victory for Ryen

So when the dust had finally settled and the multitude of shattered bone was sifted through he had gotten 2013 points off me and I had only gotten 1668 off him. So he won by 345 points. Was a tough hard fought game, he was running two units of 25 Warriors that I was only able to kill the Nurgle HW+S unit, the Khorne Halberd unit completely CRUSHED 10 Black Knights in one round of combat, as expected, I had just hoped with a 2+/6+ they would have stuck around a little longer then one turn. The Nurgle unit got held up on 50 Skeletons long enough for a Vargulf to get a rear charge and actually start pounding out some damage, by the end of turn 4/5 all of the skeletons died and all of the Nurgle warriors died leaving a wounded fighty Chaos Lord to fight a Vargulf. The Chaos Lord ran and then rallied on the following turn only to get counter charged by my lvl1 Stragoli Vamp that was running Lore of the Wild! Super fun to get Wyssans Wildform on a unit of skeletons or zombies haha completely not worth the extra points I paid to get the weird lore, but str/tough 4 skeles are not to be laughed at. His Hellcannon didnít get of any spectacular shots but still managed to keep his points. My lvl 4 Necromancer Lord saw his unit of 30 Zombies about to get charged by 20 Khorne Warriors so the Necro jumped out of the Zombie unit but sadly to late causing the Khorne Warriors to slaughter all of the Zombies and then charge into my Necro Lord and murdering him badly. I will say two things I learnt during this game, one I cant roll the winds of magic to save my life. Secondly the new miscast table actually makes it so your Wizards can slowly get wounded thought the game, just from miscasts. My two casters each had 1or2 wounds on them just from a couple miscasts during the game, so I was one miscast away from completely losing my wizard cuz of magic, but not to the void but instead little wounds from magic that he got over the course of the whole game. I like this, makes every spell matter that much more. Even with a 4+ Ward you get to make NO SAVES on the miscast table, so slowly even the most powerful mage has to take a break from casting or his brain will turn to jello. Anyways fun game, I think we are modeling on Tuesday but should be back up for a game on Thursday, I think the Tomb Kings are coming back.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:53 pm

I guess since im singed up i should report all my games, they were all last week at Carsons
Vrs andre - 7-3 for me
Vrs carson - whatever the points for a massacre are as he extended his hand turn 4 (i think ?)
vrs nathan- , i know we didn't add it up but you took 1310 from me and i took everything but the 2 bolt chariots and warlocks i think ?
vrs Bob - 7-3 for me
vrs don - 7-3 for me, don reported it as a crushing victory but he took more off me then he thinks i cant claim the crushing for that

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top