9th Battle ish Reports

View previous topic View next topic Go down

9th Battle ish Reports

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:24 pm

Two more games happened on the weekend

First game was Brian vs our new guy Ryen

2000 pts Lizards (Brian) vs 2000 pts of WoC (Ryen)

Now i dont 100% remember this game as i spent most of it building tanks incorrectly. But the game ended in a complete wipe out with the WoC walking all over lizards (sorry brian) but from what i saw it was pritty much Chaos as expected, walked across the battle field as fast as they could and just systematically crushed lizards everywhere. One thing we are continuously doing is forgetting the new parry rule... Altho i will admit the new Khorne mark gives the unit +1 to hit! so his Warriors were hitting on 2's ! scary. A Daemon prince was involved but he is a shadow of his former self, still deadly but not a 1 man army, the Demonic instability roll is if u lost u take 2*d6 then add the combat score difference and subtract the daemons leadership and take wounds for the difference, so if a ld 9 DP lost combat by 3 and rolled a 7 on the dice he would take 1 wound... makes DP's much more manageable

2500 pts TK (Sean) vs 2500 pts WoC (Brian)

This game i remember... kind of. I learnt from my previous skeleton experiences and brought 50 of them this time! and they... did nothing... the champ challenged out a DP and got super murdered (expected) but at that time Brian had cast Flaming Sword on the Daemon so my Tomb Prince challenged next with his Dragonbane Helm and then that was a stale mate all game untill the Tomb Prince killed the Daemon Prince *GasP* New unit Winged Reapers super fun and super hitty, just not high armor and about 100 pts for 1. but was helpful for mobility which TK lack (btw brian i cheated i marched with them when they werent in my generals leadership range) 30 Tomb Guard fought 25 Chaos warriors and it was REALLY going in Brians favor with him killing 14 first turn and me killing 2 in return, until the 3rd round of combat everything just kind of crumbled on him and his WoC ran away. Brian wanted to have a catapult fight so he started the game by shooting my Skullapult with his Hellcannon almost hitting it and a Sphinx, my Skullapult returned fire with a direct hit obliterating the Hellcannon in one shot! Got super lucky there. My sphinx single handedly managed to charge into a unit of 25 Warriors with BSB and make them flee, big scary tough 8 monsters even make WoC think twice about wounding on 6's. Brian and me both managed to have spectacularly bad magic phases again this game. Was a fun game, we are getting in the habit of using more terrain but sometimes we get lazy and end up deploying all the terrain in corners of the board that no one will ever venture to ha. Things to learn for next game! Brian pritty much has these rules down now, i think the three people im playing with just need to refine list building and get comfortable with what units do / can do.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9th Battle ish Reports

Post  Kal on Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:01 pm

Two more games happened this weekend - Both alot of fun.

Brian 2500pts Lizardmen vs Sean 2500pts Tomb King

Tomb King continue to deliver for me. This was a fun game, both sides got some decent magic with a nice mix of shooting and combat. I will say i am quite enjoying the Lore of Sands magic that TK get, it seems to have a tool for every job. No direct damage spells but i think skeletons need buffs more then damage. Sadly i dont remember much else everything was going really well for Brian off the start then i got one good magic phase during a couple of key combats and everything started to slide backwards for Brian. I ended up winning in the end when Brians main block of Sarus's went down to my buffed Tomb Guard unit

Ryen 2500pts WoC vs Sean 2500pts Tomb King

I will say for this game i thought i was truly doomed when first turn i lost my wizard to the void casting a spell to reduce a units movement haha. Ryen was rolling amazing for the first half of the game but for the second half of the game every leadership test he rolled was a 10 or 11 this lead to alot of fleeing Warriors. His Daemon Prince actually died to combat res when charging solo into a block of 50 skeletons. Wiffed his attacked and lost combat by 6 rolled on his leadership and took 3/4 of his wounds. Oh and Daemon Princes cant fly anymore... so they have rly made them much more manageable. After his unlucky leadership tests had alot of his units fleeing or panicking Ryen called it in the 4th round.

These games were alot of fun and I'm looking forward to the Games weekend comming up!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top