Link for The 9th Age

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Link for The 9th Age

Post  nathanr on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:11 am

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?simple-page/

Here is the link for the 9th age. I read through the rules again last night. I still don't like the composition rules but as a whole it deserves a try at least.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Link for The 9th Age

Post  Kal on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:39 am

U only use those rules if your playing a under 1500 point battle or a over 4000 point battle, no? I think your focusing to much on that Nathan, ignore it.

We had a game last night 2000 points of Dwarves vs 2000 points of Lizardmen and it was a blast again, felt right and we finished a game. it was close again but me and Brian decided to be riskay with terrain and tried to place it all 6" apart and well it was fun Razz small units ran from giant blocks through the 6" cracks while the big units had to skirt around or reform to fit. Magic is alot tamer even when your a lone Dwarven Rune Smith vs a Slann and two lvl 2 Skink Priests. ONE lone slayer holding up a block of 30 Sauras' felt good again that little orange unbreakable bastard! OH!  Crossbows can move and fire now! but they are considered unwieldy so u get a -2 to shoot, but i mean id rather shoot on 6's then not get to shoot at all. Line of sight is much better explained and makes sense, if you have a small target shooting a small target that is behind a medium obstacle no go. but small target shooting a large target behind a medium obstacle, GOOD TO GO! no more arguing Smile

ONE thing i am SUPER not enjoying because well... make Champions crazy, they get +1 WS/+1BS/+1ATT . so they have to roll separately and get targeted separately because they have their own wound pool. Minor but meh.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:03 pm

No, the regular army composition rules only let you repeat a core choice 4 times. This hobbles my all-cavalry Dark elf list as it means I'll have to either combine my units of dark riders into larger units or take something unmounted. Both options make me sad.

Same goes for any MSU (many small units) armies. I toyed with the idea of taking a bunch of small 6-man units of knights of the realm but I can't do that anymore (or I can only take 4 units of them). I just don't understand why they would put a limit on core units. Is it because of Skaven slave armies? Probably, stupid rats.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:09 pm

One thing I do like is that you can't put a wall of characters in front of your squishy rank and files. This means the Ogre Gutstar just got a lot less scary. You can also only make way in the front rank.

Most of the changes are just clarifications of the grey areas of the 8th edition rules or fixes to rule loopholes that were being exploited.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:14 pm

OH i can see how you would be affected by that, because going through my armies i never really duplicate units. Well time to get out of your comfort zone Nathan, plus no one liked fighting that army Wink but i agree stupid rats.

So you approve of the changes? I thought that is kind of what every 8th player wanted, GW to fix the little loopholes and exploits for 9th, which is exactly what this is !

U will play Nathan, i will be actively and forcefully making people, even if i have to start showing up at people places of work, IN FULL BATTLE GEAR! Consider your selves warned Twisted Evil

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:40 pm

I'm playing Andre tonight. I still don't have to like the composition rules though. That one rule is almost a dealbreaker for me though.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:43 pm

nathanr wrote:I'm playing Andre tonight.  I still don't have to like the composition rules though.  That one rule is almost a dealbreaker for me though.

You will be fine Nathan, i honestly hope you enjoy it.

on a COMPLETELY unrelated note, where do you work again? Very Happy

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:14 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top