Re: Sexy New Slayers!

Post  Kal on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:11 pm

More... so apparently its a whole army?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:34 pm

Man... GW What the actual fuck. Slayers were maybe the coolest thing that GW had going for them in the Warhammer universe that was there own original idea. I think that's the case anyway. Now they scrap it and we've got Slayers wearing helmets and shields. Riding monsters instead of killing them seeking glorious death. FFS!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:42 pm

I have to agree with you on that. They grabbed the next most popular thing and ruined it, for more money.

I will say i actually like the helmets because they make the Mohawks make sense. lol

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:46 pm

I loved the mohawks! They were held in place by using rendered bear fat or something bigger or nastier they had killed. A big part of why they were smelly even by dwarf standards.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:52 pm

It was pig fat wasnt it? Lol yeah I didnt like that gross plus I didnt see why they would do that lol. But it was a big piece of their lore

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Not a Dwarf fan, and I don't think I mind the figs too much - but a Slayer riding a Monster just seems wrong in a thousand different ways.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:52 am

May Grimnir cast out their ancestors and spit in the eye of their mothers!

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:18 am

Kal wrote:It was pig fat wasnt it? Lol yeah I didnt like that gross plus I didnt see why they would do that lol. But it was a big piece of their lore

The bright hair and big Mohawk were to make it easier for them to be seen by their enemies.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:01 pm

I don't like them.  They could have made them cool, even have a few fully armoured elites with metal crests or plumes on their helmets honouring the true slayers but I don't like the way they've gone.  The dragon things are cool but not for dwarfs and especially not for slayers.

Also, what's wrong with a regular axe?  I don't understand these weird chain/flail/axe/halberd things and why in Grimnir's name would any slayer use a shield?  I was waiting to fully turn my back on GW until I saw what they did with an an army I cared about.  Now that they've done this I'm ready.  I don't  even care if the elves end up being the coolest things since sliced bread.  I'm done.

Fuck you GW.

Edit: I didn't even notice the flamethrower guns. Damn it, they are just so bad.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:27 pm

That's the most passion I've ever seen out of Nathan. Remind me never to get him mad. Very Happy

Anyways, the more I look at these the less I like them to the point of not at all. The muscles are all wrong - as in WRONG. Horrible, and inexcusable. And shields? It's actually possible that the hair is pulled up through the Helmets, but why would you have so much flame near so much hair? I'm almost babbling with criticism, but I can't help it.

It would be fascinating to watch GW go down in flames if it didn't break my heart so much.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:45 pm

It is not a good look for them why do they look like they should be in Scotland fighting for William Wallace instead of chasing shit down and killing it... I have almost got out of my mourning period for Warhammer......

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:58 pm

Ok i admit "sexy: in the title was a tad premature. i get excited easily sue me.

Secondly wow i agree with Don, never seen u so animated Nathan! love it.

THIRDLY in an attempt at feeble defense for them/GW ... they arn't Warhammer dwarves anymore guys... they technically arnt even the slayers we know... they are somekind of Dragon born or something. stepped out of the "rift" or something and was like yo chaos lets fight. They grabbed whatever mounts / shit they could and are trying to put down chaos. they arn't Slayers, they dont have slayer oaths, and they arn't looking for an "honorable" death. fuck they didn't even have to be orange lol.

Anyways, 9th anyone? just had another game tonight 2500 points... magic is much different...lvl 4 wizards only add a +2 to dice rolls, and the miscast table is ... more tame, the strength of whatever hit you take for the miscast chart is based of the number of magic dice u attempted to cast the spell with! so throw more dice at a spell and miscast its gonna hurt, accidentally getting two 6's while trying to fireball something on 2 dice and u arn't going to lose your lvl 4 Wizard to the warp right away. idk seems like some thought was put into this. i admit the army builder they have is... flawed. added a 5 point banner item and it increased my list from 2495/2500 to 2995/2500... so i mean little off Wink BUT FUN... i ramble  bounce

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:24 am

We all get that they are not "slayers" anymore. That's the problem in general with AoS and GW in general from a veterans perspective. They had something cool that was well loved and threw it in the shitter and started something newish that is NOT sitting well with most of the Warhammer playing world. It sucks. It's Highlander II: The quickening. It's Mitichlorians. It's Greedo shooting first.

A tragedy for sure.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:45 pm

ScottRadom wrote:We all get that they are not "slayers" anymore.  That's the problem in general with AoS and GW in general from a veterans perspective.  They had something cool that was well loved and threw it in the shitter and started something newish that is NOT sitting well with most of the Warhammer playing world.  It sucks.  It's Highlander II: The quickening.  It's Mitichlorians.  It's Greedo shooting first.

A tragedy for sure.

Wow... never thought I'd say this but im agreeing with Scott... *waits for the world to end*

Do you have no rival? and no man can be your equal?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:40 pm

Not at all. Scott's completely full of shit sometimes...just not about this. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:29 pm

Should we even start at how awful the new mounts are for the slayers. for Fuck sakes whats gone on with GW lately.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:10 pm

105% disagree.  I really like the mounts - A LOT.  So much in fact, I have ideas to make them a Dragon for something else.  They seem to have an Asian influence in the Dwarf world - which is wrong.

The thing that bothers me is that they have no business being underneath a Dwarf.

Last edited by squalie on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:53 pm

I agree, they are an interesting model but not for a dwarf. If this were still Warhammer I might try to use the model for some type of conversion, maybe a manticore-type monster or a different sort of dragon for the Dark Elves.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:17 am

I looked at them again, just can't see it. They look like Chinese festival dragons, maybe its the color scheme.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:21 am

Mounts by them selves are cool. But thats about it. i like SOME aspects of the slayers and think the kit would have some good bits to use, but overall. meh. plus the price tag lol

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:42 pm

They look like Chinese festival dragons

That's exactly what I like about them. They're also very well done. The issue isn't that model, it's what it's paired with. If it was a new model, on even a new army the thing would be tits! But, since it's hanging out with Dwarf dudes, it just reeks of "everyone gets a big thing - it is."

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Everyone but Carson is crazy. These things do not look good. Maybe better in the flesh, the paint job is wrenching my balls. In the bad way.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:13 pm

The Orange and Red paint job is horrid. Whomever allowed that to be photographed should be fired.

The models aren't bad. At all. That's a good looking monster and better than A LOT of figs lately. I'm not even looking at the silly Dwarf on it's back that wouldn't even be taken off it's sprue. And please don't let Carson believe he's right on anything - we'll never hear the end of it.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top