Sean's Canadian's

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sean's Canadian's

Post  |marauder| on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:00 pm

nathanr wrote:I actually think I prefer my confident trained list better than this one.  I just get so much more stuff.  Basically it is the same list but with an extra 2 6pdrs, 2 more PIAT teams from the company command, armoured transports for the infantry, and some M10 3" SP AT guns.  Of course, they get hit easier because they are trained.
2 PIATs in the company command?
Are these Commandos?

|marauder|

View user profile http://facebook.com/groups/fowreginarifles

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:18 pm

K, what I was going to say that the list Nathan made is NOTHING like the list I would have made. Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:38 am

squalie wrote:K, what I was going to say that the list Nathan made is NOTHING like the list I would have made. Wink
Different strokes - I made three and he didn't bite at a single one of them.... Shocked

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:57 pm

Don't be offended Lance lol I've learnt a ton. making my own lists. Hows this look?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:26 pm

Um... What the HELL IS a Churchill Crocodile?!?! They are tanks with Trailers? do i want like 50 of them?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:53 am

They are tanks with flamethrowers. You don't NEED any of them but if you want them you can only conceivably use 4.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:49 am

They are super expensive point wise - but front armour 13. You would only have 2 in your list usually.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:17 pm

This list seems to have everything i want in it. Sniper, Land Mattress, tanks and infantry ... but no 25 pounders for smoke tho... seems like that could be a problem.

Do those crocodiles disappear after you fire them? or just the trailers?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:18 pm

Oh damn... also i only have 7 platoons... how important is having an even number?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Normally Flame throwers are a one shot deal, but since the Crocs carry a trailer, they can keep spewing fire.

I think it wouldn't be long and you'd replace them though.

Also, try to make an armoured list and throw in an infantry platoon. Knowing you, I think you'd be more comfortable as usually attacking than defending.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:09 pm

I think ure right Churchills look gimicky. I just thought they could help deal with infantry in an all tank list. Ha yes attacking seems much more my style. In the one game I was defending my mind set immediately went to if I kill him completely he wont beable to attack the objectives. So I ended up further into the attackers deployment zone then he did into my defender deployment.

Making a tank list now. I agree I want / need infantry. Dug in and gone to ground they are almost impossible to budge with range. While building my list I wanted to give the infantry a transport. But on the army builDer they all look like they do the same job... Whats the opinion on a good transport and why? Like Ram kangaroos or priests or water buffalo? And what do u pimp them out with? Sean is rly liking .50 cals... Does Sean just want Americans?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:10 pm

Sean realized he talked in the third person on that post alot...

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:23 pm

I think we need to decide what point level we'd like to play at too. 1775 was fun but the games take a long time, maybe 1500 or the 1420 that Battlefront has decreed?

A tank list does sound more your style Sean, with infantry if you want .50 cals you'll want defrocked priests, ram kangaroos or water buffaloes. They all have them. Ram kangaroos are basically a Sherman without the turret so you could proxy them with your third box of Sherman's if you want. Priests have less armour but wide tracks meaning you won't bog as easily and water buffaloes are amphibious and bad-ass looking.

I think the kangaroos are the more popular choice although the 50 cals are an upgrade with those.

The reason you want even platoons is because often you are forced to keep "at least half" your platoons in reserve. That means whether you have 7 or 8 platoons you have to have 4 platoons in reserve. An 8th platoon gives you one more platoon on the table to start the game.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:31 pm

I don't think you can equip Ram's in an armoured list?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:22 pm

Well im not building anymore lists until i know what point value, So 1775 isnt normal ? or?

Yeah im definitely leaning towards an Armoured list with a bit of infantry for objectives, hence why i want the carriers with 50 cals so i can get them TOO the objectives if im attacking. Just trying to figure out my Firefly to Sherman ratio, 3:1 or 2:2 im thinking if i have enough .50 cals to take care of infantry then more Fireflies are the way to go, but if we change point values i probably wont beable to fit as much, which is fine too. Less points would make it cheaper and easier for me to get into an army too, so no complaints here either way.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:10 pm

I think if you built for 1700 - 1800 you'd have enough stuff to be able to change up your list a bit if we are playing with lower points. Last year the official point level for late war was 1900 points which everyone seemed to agree was too much. This year it is 1420 which a lot of people are saying is too few.

Market garden lets you put your rifle teams into Ram Kangaroos. With the .50cal upgrade you're looking at a .50 cal and a regular mg on each transport. If you went with the water buffaloes and did your upgrades you could have 5 .50 cal shots per vehicle.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:28 pm

Ok... so everytime i try and the .50 cal's to my Water Buffalos it says its invalid .... all of the options looks the same? wth army builder ! betrayal... what am i doing wrong?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:24 pm

So you want to replace both side mounted mgs with .50cals I'm guessing. You'd select the very bottom option only and put 2 in the number field.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:35 pm

I would stick with the Rams. 3 .50 cals and waaaay better armour is just fine.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:38 am

The Rams actually end up with more shots I think. 3 .50 cals on 2 vehicles will give you 5 shots per vehicle (10 shots total). 3 .50 cals on 3 vehicles get you 9 shots and then there are regular mgs on the Rams as well. They are both cool vehicles but Don is right, the Rams are probably the better choice.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:43 am

Rams it is! Now I think im gonna try one unit in and one unit out. For the unit in I wanted to try SMG's now the RoF seems very appealing but im thinking that 4" range is extremely handicapping them and I will get annoyed with it. Does anyone use SMG's?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:00 am

You only get one .50 cal per Ram. But as far a transports go - they're pretty much considered the best choice.

I saw those LVT's at the last event and were surprised at how huge they were.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:48 am

A Ram APC with .50cal says "Deck-turret MG, Carries 5 Passengers, Hull mounted .50 cal MG" So I think you'd get both a deck-turret MG and a hull-mounted .50cal. I could be wrong, I've been wrong before.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:01 am

nathanr wrote:A Ram APC with .50cal says "Deck-turret MG, Carries 5 Passengers, Hull mounted .50 cal MG" So I think you'd get both a deck-turret MG and a hull-mounted .50cal.  I could be wrong, I've been wrong before.
You are correct - love my RAMs - being able to take a Panzer IV hit is shock to more than a few Germans players

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:56 am

Ok, sounds like Rams it is Smile

So SMG's good or bad?

Anyone else have an issue with .Ca email addresses not working on Flames Of War when creating an account?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:41 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top