Sean's Canadian's

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sean's Canadian's

Post  |marauder| on Mon May 01, 2017 1:56 pm

Kal wrote:Do V4 lists still require artillery to be viable? Either way I am probably like 90% selling at this point. I'm a Fantasy player, ill stick to reading about WW2 I don't need to reenact fake battles of it. Plus the game frustrates me. I understand a Stuart cant fuck up a Tiger. But I should Beable to pew pew the tracks off or RAM IT! Get the tiny Stuart chassis all jammed up underneath it haha. Hell on Tarawa the Japanese knew they couldn't destroy the Shermans so they settled for blinding them by sniping out the parascopes all the time. Hilarious haha. I'm back to rambling / complaining haha

I know its dumb but if i'm playing a real game, give me realism. If i'm not playing a realistic game give me dragons or let my Sherman beable to kill a Tiger, if i roll a 6, 6's in a row! SOMETHING. It seems to cherry pick realism.

You can kill a Tiger with a Sherman - hell, Sean F has killed Tigers with PIAT equipped UCs. Now, that being said most Tigers were not knocked out by enemy fire. They weren't -> so there is your realism; most Tigers were disabled by their crew when the broke down or ran out of fuel.

Kal wrote:
I read that land mattresses were barely used in the war. But they shot like 4 rockets a second or something! Very cool,
True - but the Royal Navy could not get them to work. So the Canucks said -'sure we can give it a go and see what we can do with 'em' and barely got to use them as the war was almost over. And, no they were not accurate but they covered a massive area.
|marauder|

View user profile http://facebook.com/groups/fowreginarifles

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon May 01, 2017 2:34 pm

I read somewhere that US forces only actually had 2-3 direct encounters with a Tiger, most were just Panzers that were misidentified as Tigers. Got to the point where hear a german tank, run because its a Tiger mentality took over Sherman crews. or from what i've read. And i know a Sherman Firefly can kill a Tiger but normal ones cant even hurt them in the front armour right?

Land Mattresses are very cool, apparently during one engagement across a river they shot like 1000 rockets in 6 hours haha. or something like that. They were more devastating to enemy morale than actually causing casualties. Only one survived after the war and its in a war museum somewhere in Canada. Also cool.

Why didn't they just name the Canadian Shermans, Grizzly's? Pretty much the same thing... altho a Grizzly is an earlier war M4 Sherman .... so is it because we played late war that they weren't called Grizzlys? or just a simplicity thing? I guess what I'm asking is in V4 did Canadian's get any more recognition or are we still British Lite?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Mon May 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Kal wrote:I read somewhere that US forces only actually had 2-3 direct encounters with a Tiger, most were just Panzers that were misidentified as Tigers. Got to the point where hear a german tank, run because its a Tiger mentality took over Sherman crews. or from what i've read. And i know a Sherman Firefly can kill a Tiger but normal ones cant even hurt them in the front armour right?
Seems low but yes, you are on the right path - there was even a term for it: "Tiger terror" and yes, a lot of troops reported Tigers were there were none. A Tiger 1E can be killed by a Firefly and bailed by a Sherman III/V on the front (although a double bail kills as well). And, a Tiger II (Royal/Bengal/King) requires side shots from both Fireflies and Shermans.

Kal wrote:
Land Mattresses are very cool, apparently during one engagement across a river they shot like 1000 rockets in 6 hours haha. or something like that. They were more devastating to enemy morale than actually causing casualties. Only one survived after the war and its in a war museum somewhere in Canada. Also cool.
I have touched it - it is very cool!
Kal wrote:
Why didn't they just name the Canadian Shermans, Grizzly's? Pretty much the same thing... altho a Grizzly is an earlier war M4 Sherman .... so is it because we played late war that they weren't called Grizzlys? or just a simplicity thing? I guess what I'm asking is in V4 did Canadian's get any more recognition or are we still British Lite?
Cause while yes, they look similar they are different. The Sexton was built on the Ram/Grizzly built in Canada. Take a look at your Kangaroos and then compare them to your Shermans - you will see subtle yet key differences.
|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Tue May 02, 2017 8:53 am

Kal wrote:Do V4 lists still require artillery to be viable?
No, and they never did but British have/had excellent artillery rules that everyone now has access to. However, the AT is now so low that 5.5s are no longer a major threat to tanks. However, 25 pounders are now better than they were before.
|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:27 am

Sean, this is the list I ran last weekend. Everyone said that it was a very solid list (and it looks like what you pretty much own):
Infantry Company POINTS1515
Headquarters Rifle Company HQ (Canadian)
2 Cmd Rifle team
= 2% / 30 points

Combat Platoons

Rifle Platoon (Canadian)
1 Cmd Rifle/MG team
1 PIAT team
1 Light Mortar team
6 Rifle/MG team
3 Ram Kangaroo APC with .50 cal MG
= 14.9% / 225 points

Rifle Platoon (Canadian)
1 Cmd Rifle/MG team