Sean's Canadian's

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sean's Canadian's

Post  Kal on Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:09 pm

Yeah but my army cant take the 17 pdr's... or atleast cant find it in my forces of war army list.

Is there a model i can buy that represents it or do i just have to model accordingly?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:11 pm

Kal wrote:Yeah but my army cant take the 17 pdr's... or atleast cant find it in my forces of war army list.

Is there a model i can buy that represents it or do i just have to model accordingly?

No an armoured unit is unable to take 17 pounders anti-tank guns - would not be part of the TO&E; they can usually take them as SP (self propelled) options. However, PBI companies can take them. I thought you had an infantry company that you were working on as well?
|marauder|

View user profile http://facebook.com/groups/fowreginarifles

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:25 pm

An infantry army or just a box of figs to build? I do not plan on having any other armies/lists, just this one Canadian list.

But if you mean the figs i'm building then yes i finished building the infantry for that list last night.

Soooo if anyone needs any 17 pdr's they're all yours lol

**this wasn't meant to sound so final I just mean im going to master the game then the list!
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:30 am

Kal wrote:An infantry army or just a box of figs to build? I do not plan on having any other armies/lists, just this one Canadian list.

But if you mean the figs i'm building then yes i finished building the infantry for that list last night.
Thought you had bought an entire box of infantry = 3 platoons?
|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:53 am

I do have a whole box. I was wondering why it came with so many bases / figs i thought i was just getting one platoon. But i only built my one platoon i'm using then i threw the rest in the box and threw it in the spruce pile. Ha i was debating a list with ONLY 2 units of tanks and then 2 units of infantry in Ram Kangaroo's just move fast and get there, that viable?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:16 am

Pretty much everything is viable, it just depends on what you want.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:07 am

nathanr wrote:Pretty much everything is viable, it just depends on what you want.

Problem is i think i'm trying to mimic my 40k Dark Angels list, with the multiple troop transports with speed to get my troops where i need them to be to hold objectives.

Mmk well before i order anything else i'm gonna check out the Den on Saturday while i'm there. Get some Ram Kangaroo's if they got em. 6 of em! Load up all the troops and blaze forward. Think i'm just going to skip artillery for now, keep things simple.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:50 am

I'm almost certain that you will be disappointed with the selection at the Den. They have a lot of stuff but nothing that anyone actually wants.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Welp that is unfortunate ... I noticed they had alot of stuff and it seemed to be 25 % off.

Not gonna lie couple saturday's ago when i was there Don said oh if u want FoW stuff nows the time to get it so i literally walked up to the first pile and right on top was my British Infantrymen box haha. DONE

Well thanks for the heads up Nathan, i'll still check em out while i'm there on saturday. looking for the Universal Carriers, Ram Kangaroos and i believe that is it... Oh a command HQ Sherman if there is such a thing.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:21 pm

There is no specific model for your command Sherman. Its not like they were driving around in a solid gold tank or anything or had a big flag saying "THE BOSS" flying from the antenna. Just put 2 guys with their heads sticking out of the turret and call it a day. You just need to keep track of which model is your 1ic and which is your 2ic (if you have one).

If you really want something that stands out you could paint a little thing gold on your 1ic and silver on your 2ic, that's what I did on my Tetrarch tanks.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:09 pm

Ah... ic... i just swore when i had my Russian army they had command tanks... dude with a big flag sticking out the top or something... Maybe those were just special characters.

Not gonna lie now i really want to paint a tank GOLD and put a giant "The Boss" flag on it... yess... Golden Shermans... I'm liking this.

Whats 1ic and 2ic again?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:28 pm

First in command (1ic), second in command (2ic)
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:58 pm

But I'm Canadian... dont i have that Forester rule or w/e where i dont need command or something... something like more independent and unruly than their british counter parts. lose the british bulldog rule but get forester or something...

But i still need to show my 2ic and 1ic? UGH why does this game have to be so fucking difficult *fits of rage*
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Someone is still in charge at the start.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:23 am

Ok so this is 100% the list. I just ordered the Ram Kangaroos and just have to build the Universal Carriers and the other Platoon of Infantry and then i 100% have the list in my grubby little fingers and then i will 100% want a fight! What do you think? Let me guess too many .50 cals? haha my Idea is blaze up pew pewing on the way unload take objectives pew pew more. Did i drop to many tanks for infantry?

1620 points
Canadian Armoured Squadron HQ
2x Shermans V

Canadian Armoured Platoon
3x Sherman V with .50 cal
1x Firefly VC with .50 cal

Canadian Armoured Platoon
3x Sherman V
1x Firefly VC with .50 cal

Canadian Recce Patrol
3x Stuart VI

Canadian Scout Platoon
2x Universal carrier with .50 cal
1x Universal carrier with PIAT

Canadian Rifle Platooon
1x Cmd Rifle/MG team
1x Light Mortar team
1x PIAT team
4x Rifle/MG team
3x Ram Kangaroo APC with .50 cal

Canadian Rifle Platooon
1x Cmd Rifle/MG team
1x Light Mortar team
1x PIAT team
4x Rifle/MG team
3x Ram Kangaroo APC with .50 cal

Last edited by Kal on Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:45 am

Or drop the infantry to 4 Rifle Platoons each and the HQ to 2 again and bump the tank units back up a Sherman each?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:50 am

The 2 Sherman/1 firefly tank platoons are small and will die quickly.  Especially because you have no artillery support to protect them with smoke and/or barrages.  And once/if you get within assault range you have no template shooting to pin down your assault targets so return fire is most likely going to stop your assaults before they happen.  Playing British without artillery is basically playing the game on hard mode.

Also, if you drop the 3rd Sherman in the hq your 1ic and 2ic can roll with your other tank platoons. If you keep it your 2ic has to stick with that extra Sherman as a platoon of 2.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:00 pm

First off, everytime i get a new game i immediately change it to Hard Mode. Only way to play.

Secondly ... do i really need Artillery? UGH why wasnt i told ?! Ugh its just there are to many 25 pdr options on the website so i didnt know what to buy so i gave up and didnt order any... should have just ordered land mattresses, are those enough "artillery" ?

* changed the list btw hows that now?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LorSve on Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:42 pm

If your wanting 25 pounders for Late war:

BBX09 Royal Artillery Battery(Has resin sculpted bases so more expensive)

BR573 25 pdr gun(2x guns per blister)
BR710 Artillery HQ ( Late War)

Note Plastic soldier company has recently released a 25 pounder set which is substantially cheaper: It looks like different trucks and/or crew between them.
http://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_37_39_53

LorSve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Kal wrote:Ok so this is 100% the list. I just ordered the Ram Kangaroos and just have to build the Universal Carriers and the other Platoon of Infantry and then i 100% have the list in my grubby little fingers and then i will 100% want a fight! What do you think? Let me guess too many .50 cals? haha my Idea is blaze up pew pewing on the way unload take objectives pew pew more. Did i drop to many tanks for infantry?

1620 points
Canadian Armoured Squadron HQ
2x Shermans V

These are you IC & 2IC
The 1IC grants bonus motivation/morale roll if he is in command distance and a company morale check if you get below half
The 2IC a company morale check if you get below half and have lost your 1IC or he is bailed out
|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Kal wrote:First off, everytime i get a new game i immediately change it to Hard Mode. Only way to play.

Secondly ... do i really need Artillery? UGH why wasnt i told ?! Ugh its just there are to many 25 pdr options on the website so i didnt know what to buy so i gave up and didnt order any... should have just ordered land mattresses, are those enough "artillery" ?

* changed the list btw hows that now?
No - you don't need artillery.
Why do you want artillery? For pins and smoke. Five (6 for Japanese / 10 for Soviet) hits pin infantry or 1 arty hit (2 for Japanese) cutting their defensive fire in half or adding a +1 to hit = very important if/when you want to assault. Smoke blocks line of sight and add a +1 to your troops charging in to assault or +2 within 16" of enemy smoked troops and completely obscuring troops past that.
|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Kal wrote:But I'm Canadian... dont i have that Forester rule or w/e where i dont need command or something... something like more independent and unruly than their british counter parts. lose the british bulldog rule but get forester or something...

Yes, but that is if you lose your platoon command team another team within command distance takes over the platoon. Otherwise your platoon/troop cannot move.
|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Might as well give it a go. Play a few games against artillery and you will wish you had some of your own.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:50 pm

Sounds like a plan to me
|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:03 pm

6 Ram Kangaroo APC's built and primed green. Going to do the tracks, guns etc and wash them tomorrow. And build my 2Nd infantry unit... Thinking of going smg. Will that help me assault?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top