Sean's Canadian's

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sean's Canadian's

Post  squalie on Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:48 pm

Kal wrote:Ou if u wouldnt mind lending an army again I would be in for trying some other era's.  Just gotta check my calendar

Your Calendar?!?! HA HAAAAAAAA< HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...(keep going for a few more lines)

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:11 pm

Kal wrote:Ou if u wouldnt mind lending an army again I would be in for trying some other era's.  Just gotta check my calendar
Can be done
- speaking of other eras I am looking for a Free World player for the Tet Offensive Total War Game

|marauder|

View user profile http://facebook.com/groups/fowreginarifles

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:04 pm

Whats that? Lol

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:27 am

Kal wrote:Whats that?  Lol
Tet Offensive:
Largest Battle of the Vietnam War
http://www.history.com/topics/vietnam-war/tet-offensive
Total War:
Flames of War at a Team Level

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:50 pm

... Little offended here Lance Razz I know WHAT the tet offensive was just more curious about what it meant. But team game sounds fun... I could be a definite handy cap for one team Smile

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:02 pm

Kal wrote:... Little offended here Lance Razz I know WHAT the tet offensive was

Sorry - I didn't myself until a few months ago. I learn quite a bit of history from FoW - especially stuff I thought I knew.
Point of fact - I thought VC and PAVN were the same....
Kal wrote:... just more curious about what it meant.

Every time I mention something else I have to explain in detail  Suspect
Kal wrote:... But team game sounds fun... I could be a definite handy cap for one team Smile
Team Games are a good time. Don was out for Market Garden a couple of years ago. Last big WWII was Kursk (although more recently we did do a Tanksgiving event it really wasn't historical).

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:28 pm

Im just bugging u, wasnt rly offended. I've always loved history but i completely agree this game has taught me SO much more about history by making it "fun".

Ha safe bet if you say something we dont know ure gonna have to explain it, just ask the fine Fantasy gentlemen when i started. Smile sooo many questions.

Team game sounds like alot of fun, not being WW2 kind of discourages me.

OK on this note i think i fucked up building my Shermans... i was all SUPER impressed with myself too. So to make my units unique one unit has tank treads for added armour and one has a crate and red gas can so they will both stand out. I got them magnetized and since i can only take a max of 4 in my list "2 Sherman and 2 firefly" or "3 sherman and 1 firefly" i built my box's of 5 into 2 Fireflies and 3 Shermans of each "unit design" but i just realized this morning that i didnt put ANY open hatches on my tanks for dudes... what did i do wrong? do i need dudes on one tank for "command" purposes or ?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:34 pm

Kal wrote:Im just bugging u, wasnt rly offended. I've always loved history but i completely agree this game has taught me SO much more about history by making it "fun".

Ha safe bet if you say something we dont know ure gonna have to explain it, just ask the fine Fantasy gentlemen when i started. Smile sooo many questions.

Team game sounds like alot of fun, not being WW2 kind of discourages me.
My apologies - although you were asking about other eras....
'Nam is more of a Beer and Pretzels version of FoW
The Free Worlders have the edge in combat ability
The Nationalists have the edge in shenanigan abilities

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:37 pm

Kal wrote:
OK on this note i think i fucked up building my Shermans... i was all SUPER impressed with myself too. So to make my units unique one unit has tank treads for added armour and one has a crate and red gas can so they will both stand out. I got them magnetized and since i can only take a max of 4 in my list "2 Sherman and 2 firefly" or "3 sherman and 1 firefly" i built my box's of 5 into 2 Fireflies and 3 Shermans of each "unit design" but i just realized this morning that i didnt put ANY open hatches on my tanks for dudes... what did i do wrong? do i need dudes on one tank for "command" purposes or ?
Yes, I would strongly suggest you have a tank troop (platoon) commander - with Mission tactics Canadians don't run into this problem often but should your commander be outside of command or him and the daisy chain link are KIA there becomes a huge issue of who was in command.
Without a platoon commander your unit will not move forward - backward or even laterally...the platoon becomes rooted in place.

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Meant no offence Lance, just i havent even gotten my WW2 stuff yet and i havent even learnt those rules and i dont want to get my rule sets mixed up between era's dont want my M48A3 Patton's running over some baby Panzer II's by "accident"Wink

Can i just paint a tank diffferently in each platoon or just put a dude on top? These closed turret hatches will be impossible to pry off now, i glued them on with the power of 1000 SUNS! By commander u mean of the 4 tank unit? but not of the commander of the army right?

As canadians can't anyone just be the commander so it rly doesnt matter for me? or is there a limit on this rule ? I ask alot of questions feel free to ignore Very Happy

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:45 pm

Kal wrote:Meant no offence Lance, just i havent even gotten my WW2 stuff yet and i havent even learnt those rules and i dont want to get my rule sets mixed up between era's dont want my M48A3 Patton's running over some baby Panzer II's by "accident"Wink
Same rules only there are more for Vietnam.
Kal wrote:

Can i just paint a tank diffferently in each platoon or just put a dude on top? These closed turret hatches will be impossible to pry off now, i glued them on with the power of 1000 SUNS!
It is not just our group that does the tank commander that way - every group I know of does it that way
However you do it you should do something to mark them as different/special
What did you think the figures were in there for?
Kal wrote:
By commander u mean of the 4 tank unit? but not of the commander of the army right?
I actually mean both - I try to put even more guys out on the Company/Battalion Commander's tank

As canadians can't anyone just be the commander so it rly doesnt matter for me? or is there a limit on this rule ? I ask alot of questions feel free to ignore Very Happy[/quote]

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:49 pm

[quote="|marauder|"]
Kal wrote:Meant no offence Lance, just i havent even gotten my WW2 stuff yet and i havent even learnt those rules and i dont want to get my rule sets mixed up between era's dont want my M48A3 Patton's running over some baby Panzer II's by "accident"Wink
Same rules only there are more for Vietnam.
Kal wrote:

Can i just paint a tank diffferently in each platoon or just put a dude on top? These closed turret hatches will be impossible to pry off now, i glued them on with the power of 1000 SUNS!
It is not just our group that does the tank commander that way - every group I know of does it that way
However you do it you should do something to mark them as different/special
What did you think the figures were in there for?
Kal wrote:
By commander u mean of the 4 tank unit? but not of the commander of the army right?
I actually mean both - I try to put even more guys out on the Company/Battalion Commander's tank
Kal wrote:
As canadians can't anyone just be the commander so it rly doesnt matter for me? or is there a limit on this rule ? I ask alot of questions feel free to ignore Very Happy
Yes, and no. I strongly suggest you read and then reared the Mission tactics rule.
If you tank commander is outside of command distance and he is KIA then Mission tactics doesn't happen
If your tank commander and the tank he is daisy chaining with are both KIA or bailed out Mission tactics doesn't happen.
Do some opponents intentionally do this - hell yes! Some target ARVs and Company Command tanks!

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:22 pm

Well GOD FUCKING DAMN IT. like i know we give GW alot of flack but atleast they include fucking instructions with their models not just a pritty picture on the box. Like seriously how hard would it be to print a step by step building guide, hey these are additional add ons that mean nothing for the game but u can pritty the tanks up, or HEY these dudes actually matter so put them on a tank... Because idk about you but if i was an giant armored behemoth i wouldnt be sticking my squishy vulnerable meaty bits OUTSIDE the tank for German snipers to pick off my lovely silhouetted frame against the sky... like... fuck....

I thought the figs where there for the same reason they were in the same bag the decals were... for decoration. And seriously dudes climbing on my tank scratching the paint all up? no thanks.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:36 pm

Don't worry too much about it, there are plenty of ways to differentiate your command tanks. Put kill rings on the barrel of the gun or paint a gold star on it or whatever. Yes the crew coming out of the hatch is the traditional method but I've never known you to be traditional Sean.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:49 pm

Ha thanks Nathan. Im gonna take that in a good way. I think I solved it. Got a guy in a open hatch and ill paint it slightly different with a symbol or w.e

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:09 am

Kal wrote:Ha thanks Nathan. Im gonna take that in a good way. I think I solved it. Got a guy in a open hatch and ill paint it slightly different with a symbol or w.e

You're positive that in all those tanks, none of the hatches can be picked open?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:07 am

Kal wrote:Well GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.
Sorry!
Just to let you know I have even filed down the original Open Fire StuGs so I could make the command unit.
Sounds like you have a work around

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:29 am

@ Don. I managed to mangle two hatches open and then I glued the stupid open hatches in backwards... Sigh fucking tanks.

@Lance. Ha not your fault, I just enjoy un tethered rage sometimes Smile I put 1 open hatch in each unit. On a Sherman. Now I hope that is right atleast

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:46 am

Kal wrote:

@Lance. Ha not your fault, I just enjoy un tethered rage sometimes Smile I put 1 open hatch in each unit. On a Sherman. Now I hope that is right atleast
Exactly! One on each troop/platoon on the Sherman
- the Poles were the only ones to have a command Firefly that I know of (but they had a whole troop of them)
Let me know when you get your infantry - Rifle/MGs are easy but not if you just go crazy
* Also may I suggest E6000 Glue (Walmart sells it) = cheap and forgiving modeler glue

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:19 pm

Im kind of stubborn ive been using this glue since i started and i dont think im going to switch, but thanks for the advice! ill look into it, if its not 5$ a tube then maybe Razz.

https://www.lowes.ca/glues/lepage-ultra-gel-4ml-super-glue-tube_g2254328.html

Alright sweet, so a command sherman, good to know.

HA ok ok i will post before i build anything else, its my own fault with the tanks but i got excited and they were fun to build, at first. idk why they attach the sprue on the SMOOTH side of the tank, like *twitch* its the side i want to STAY smooth. I cant use files for some reason... ask Brian, i ... do stuff to them apperently... I make plastic stronger then metal ? again idk u'd have to ask Brian because the file i borrowed / returned to him is apparently smooth now... Mantic Zombies to strong?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:12 pm

Appreciate all the continued support guys. Just like when I started fantasy, thanks.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:34 pm

Don't use a file, use a knife. I used a utility knife to cut off all the sprue gates. Cuts the plastic like butter. Cuts your fingers even easier so be careful!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Oh yeah I use a little exacto scalpel thing. It works great does cut like butter and fingers. Haha. Just I always hear people saying they use files. If they arnt needed then im good with sharp knife haha. Cuts TOO well and fast sometimes

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:03 am

Kal wrote:

HA ok ok i will post before i build anything else,
Please!
Also - if you are Facebook checkout:
facebook.com/groups/fowreginafifles

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:53 am

I have a lot more success using a small xacto knife than the clippers GW suggests (which I bought). The only thing with the knife is be careful when you're pressing down to cut a part as it may snap and go flying. I have spent a lot of time lying face sideways on my carpet looking for a tiny plastic piece!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top