The 9th Age is Upon Us

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The 9th Age is Upon Us

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:35 pm

The problem is, they've switched things from a 10 point system to a 20 point system. If I'm going to go back and rework the points is have to know the point differentials in the games so I know how many points to give out.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:40 pm

just go on from this point with the new system, If the standard game is upped to 2500pts lets go with that from now on.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:10 pm

Ok, I'll sort it out after the tournament. I'll just double everyone's points so they line up with the new scoring system and rework the spreadsheet to match what's in the rule book. I'll post on the league rules section how I need games scored going forward.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:45 pm

I trust you to math Nathan Smile

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:40 pm

Hrm... new update the TK's Sand lore changed a ton, got cheaper, range went up but we lost the 5+ Ward Save spell and got a spell just like the Casket of Souls use to be... im not sure how i feel about that because now there is no defensive spells TK can take except 1 light spell that gives a unit Distracting.... altho maybe if im playing defensive im just playing to lose...

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:12 pm

Kal wrote:Hrm... new update the TK's Sand lore changed a ton, got cheaper, range went up but we lost the 5+ Ward Save spell and got a spell just like the Casket of Souls use to be... im not sure how i feel about that because now there is no defensive spells TK can take except 1 light spell that gives a unit Distracting.... altho maybe if im playing defensive im just playing to lose...

Just sell the army - it's the only way to be sure....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:17 am

So this isnt a big deal but figured id put it out there because Mini's in general are a hard hobby to introduce new people into. But its not a dead hobby YET, now we got the 3 new Fantasy Players in MJ and now i just got another guy interested in 40k. He is one of my Co-workers who started up 40k, he ended up getting the Chaos half of the Dark Vengeance set from Brian super cheap and then he went on GW's site and ordered a ton of paint and some more Chaos Marines. So i mean the hobby isnt dead if we can keep getting new people into this! I did ask him about starting fantasy and honestly he is interested he is just afraid that Fantasy is already dead from what he has seen / read popularity wise vs 40k. So thats fair, but if he found the right army he would consider joining us as well. Anyways just rambling a little more,

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:12 pm

They hobby won't grow unless these phantom MJ players play new players. 2 guys playing 40K isn't much of a hobby either. I'm interested in 40K also (try it anyways) but these friggin guys need to take a deep breath, face the ball of fire in the sky and hang out in my basement eating pizza and playing Warhammer - this is getting ridiculous. Wink

Brian has messaged me a few times and he's always welcome - I like Brian. Haven't met the new lads yet.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:50 pm

Me, Tyler and Brian = 40k

Me, Tyler (different), Brian, Ryen and Sam = Fantasy

Plus Regina guys are comming to my place for 40k this weekend apparently to teach me and Tyler, and a couple of these guys might be interested in seeing my fantasy stuff and starting. MAYBE

Apparently Sam and Ryen have a table in their basement and are having games now. Learning still.

Brian doesnt drive or im sure he would be over for some games. Pfft and no offence to you guys but how many people have each of you introduced to the hobby lately? Bitching at me because the guys i actually get to start this expensive ass hobby dont have time to come dance on strings for your guys merry little band? Like atleast they are playing, learning and trying to get more comfortable with the game so they can start coming to more events, Hell me and Justin use to have games JUST with eachother and i didnt hear HALF this much complaining, and i won most of those too. Like ... idk how to make you guys happy.

Play test all fantasy games till we got to 9th and found it didnt suck *check*
Get new players WITH armies to start learning *check*
Come out to the latest event in Saskatoon *check*
Be generally awesome 24/7 *double check*

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:57 pm

Does Brian have two feet and a heartbeat? Because thats how I got to Dons well before I had the ability to drive legally. And that was when I was on the far north end so thats about as far as a guy can live from Don Razz So No excuses bro. Shit tell him to bus it if he has to.

However yes, you are introducing a lot of people to the game and thats pretty kick ass. I would try to introduce people to but you dont want the people I hang out with to play this game. If you think Don nags you badly, these guys would chew up you in a heartbeat. Give me a contact list of these people and I will make an effort to invite them over some time. Or if they dont feel comfortable coming over to a strangers place there are any number of places public wise that you can set up a game. Shit a nice warm day I will bring my table to the park and play there.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:20 pm

Brian wont even walk to my house and i live half the distance away as Don does. haha

Right on tho Frank, I'll let them know ure in for games too. Ha i assure you, and you can ask Brian my old group from Hamilton was exactly the same. I whine alot but it takes more then that to take me out. Im sure they wouldnt mind visiting a strangers house, just hide your benwa's, skin tight latex gimp suits, barrel of KY and take the sex swing down from your living room ceiling and you'll be good Smile

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:19 pm

Kal wrote:Im sure they wouldnt mind visiting a strangers house, just hide your benwa's, skin tight latex gimp suits, barrel of KY and take the sex swing down from your living room ceiling and you'll be good Smile

No deal, those are essential parts of my Feng Shui. Not to mention if I hid all those I would live in an empty house.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:25 pm

I used to go pick Frank up. I'd do the same for these fellows.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun May 01, 2016 10:32 pm

Version 1.0 is now live. They are saying the rules won't be updated again until at least September.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon May 02, 2016 7:46 am

I had hoped that it would last longer then just until September. I want to get my book bound Ha. But 4 months isn't bad.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 02, 2016 9:49 am

I would think that by Sept there would only be minor changes or cut and pastes. I think it's be safe to get things bound as you'd only have to change a line or 2 in the future.

I remember when Games Workshop (first and only time) released the errata for the Dark Elves that would fit perfectly in your army book, you just had to print them and glue them over the spots in your book. That's how bad the (6th?) edition book was.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri May 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Hrm... 35pts to upgrade the Skullapult to a 5" template.... sold!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri May 20, 2016 6:22 pm

WS 6 Tomg Kings AGAIN!!!! wts army Sad no meaning for life anymore

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:07 pm

Sponsored content