LW game with Lorne

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LW game with Lorne

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:59 pm

Played a game last night with Lorne, me with my Canadian infantry and he with his German armour. We went with 1420 point lists as that is apparently the new standard from Battlefront. I turtled around my objectives with all my mobile platoons in reserve and hoped for the best. Lorne systematically picked off my AT guns and artillery before assaulting with his tanks. Fortunately for me I had good defensive fire with my two PIATs and managed to bail 2 of his assaulting tanks. In the assault I managed to destroy another two leaving him with one functional tank. He elected to continue the assault and I failed my motivation and fell back. Things were looking grim.

At this time my armoured platoons decided to arrive and start picking off German tanks. I had 2 armoured platoons, a carrier platoon and a M10 platoon arrive over the course of 3 turns. These platoons made short work of the straggling German tanks and parked themselves on an objective. In Lorne's turn he tried a last-ditch assault to force a company morale test but I was able to hold out to claim the victory.

It was a fun game and I am liking the Canadians. The "infantry" list I've got packs a lot of armour and I think it can catch people off guard. Worked perfectly for this scenario at least. It is only Confident Trained so in a stand-up firefight I'm going to get blown away pretty quickly but I've got the numbers.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LW game with Lorne

Post  |marauder| on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:46 am

nathanr wrote: Fortunately for me I had good defensive fire with my two PIATs and managed to bail 2 of his assaulting tanks.  
Did Lorne have side skirts?

|marauder|

View user profile http://facebook.com/groups/fowreginarifles

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:14 am

He was assaulting with looted T34's so no. His Panzer IV's did I think but they didn't get a chance to assault.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:56 pm

Then no assault should have taken place - two bails stop an assault from happening

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Hmm, I might have misremembered something, maybe I got 3 of the tanks in the assault. I don't think we would have messed up that badly.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LorSve on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:45 pm

I'm pretty sure you bailed me on 2x seperate turns and I failed to get back in.

LorSve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:50 pm

I think that's right, the first assault went horribly wrong for you but you gambled and kept it going and then I failed to motivate back a second time which likely would have finished you off. It was a good gamble though and if I hadn't got lucky with my tanks in reserve the outcome could have been very different.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:25 am

LorSve wrote:I'm pretty sure you bailed me on 2x seperate turns and I failed to get back in.
That makes more sense.

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top