Some sort of clear glossy brush on finish

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some sort of clear glossy brush on finish

Post  Brian on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:38 pm

Dr Faust is always talking about pledge with future shine but I dont think it is called that anymore. Does anyone know what it is called now or is there a better product I should be using?

Brian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some sort of clear glossy brush on finish

Post  nathanr on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:56 pm

Why do you want a glossy finish? Most people tend to use a matte varnish or clear coat. I think GW makes a brush on varnish, not sure if it is glossy or not.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:04 am

I am thinking of giving my lizardmen obsidian spear heads and obsidion teeth on their maquahuitls. Also it would be good for any glass or gems maybe liquids

Brian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:18 am

Just use one of the brush on GW varnishes. Or any brush on gloss varnish with an acrylic base. The future floor wax is used by mostly old school scale modelers using airbrushes because it's cheaper. It was typically used as a stage to blast a model then apply decals then use a dullcote afterwards. Decals apply much, much better.

Some people try to track down the acrylic floor wax (future or whatever you like) approach because it's "cheaper" then the typical hobby brush on stuff by volume. Why spend 4 dollars on 17ml when you can get 650 ml for a measly 15 bucks? Well fact is that a 17ml bottle is still a LIFETIME SUPPLY of gloss varnish for spear heads or anything else at 28ml scale. Just get the hobby sized bottle.

On a separate note I don't know and haven't heard of Dr. Faust but If you're watching his stuff or listening to his advice why not ask him directly? I've always found people who share stuff on the net are thrilled and happy to answer questions regarding their work.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top