Game of warThrones: House Bolton vs. The (not so) White Walkers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game of warThrones: House Bolton vs. The (not so) White Walkers

Post  Brian on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Ok really it was Legions of Khorne vs Tomb kings

So Sean and I started at about 10pm and ended at about 3:30am.
Giving units orders is the hardest thing to remember to do but once you get the hang of it it is a breeze, especially if the order is really beneficial to the unit recievibg the order.
So Sean starts out just crushing units that I think are going to be my star players, skullcrushers loose to his chariots (not even the guys but the horses) deamon prince was killed by his archers in melee combat and my marauders were scared away by skeleton warriors (I think). Sean was rolling like a champ and I was rolling like a looser.
Then units that I was just using because I had the models or just filling up space were great, they just wouldn't go down at all. Juggernaught chariot took out I believe a tomb prince then 6 out of the 8 chariots the skullcrusher were to incompetent to kill. The BSB took out 18 archer before the tomb gaurd came and put him down. And the skullreapers, even if I was playing them incorrectly they are fierce 4 atks each hit on 3 str 3 and have hard to kill. A modest unit of 6 with skulls for the skull throne can easily pump out 28 atks and with armor +2 def 5+ and a save of 4+ to start with, these things aren't going down easy.

But in the end my poor roles and Sean tying up the skull reapers with a unit that kept getting units back from the mage cost me the game.

The game is fun, and I think Sean and I are grasping the rules quite well but we definitely need more practice.

Can't wait to start kicking all your butts though! Ha!

Brian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of warThrones: House Bolton vs. The (not so) White Walkers

Post  Carson on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:27 pm

Good to see some warthrone action. Watch Sean though, he cheats. Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Haha we all know Sean microwaves his dice

Brian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:55 am

This was definitely a fun game, and me and Brian are definitely getting much better at the rules. I will admit that we arn't doing everything 100% correctly yet but we are getting there every game. 8th ed is still creeping into our minds as far as rule and what we EXPECT out of units, its something i think we all need to step away from. Just because a unit preformed a certain way in 8th doesn't mean it translates to warthrone that way. Those Skullreapers were machines for sure, even if i was holding them up with skeletons they were still pumping out almost 30 attacks a turn, ripped down a sphinx in a turn start to finish pritty much. Brian was rolling infamously bad again, almost feel sorry for the guy Wink almost. Very good battle report Brian! good now i get to be lazy and you can write them all Smile

Looking forward to a game Wednesday. 2000 pts of Dwarfs will be ready and on the table!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top