Onslaught in October

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Onslaught in October

Post  Carson on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Probably the funnest and most relaxing weekend in awhile. I went with the idea that this would be the last warhammer tournament (who knows) and it was a great time. I went 1-2-1 with a nice fluffy Orc list.

Really looking forward to getting back into hobby mode with the winter coming on.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:00 pm

Agreed!  I need to buy one of those print outs of Warthrone Bob made up.  Also looking at making real progress on my Nurgle 40K boys (3 and a half plague marines painted thank you very much!) as well as a skirmish post apoc game.  Put the clubs away for the season.  So my weekends mostle opened up until late april.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:36 pm

ScottRadom wrote:Agreed!  I need to buy one of those print outs of Warthrone Bob made up.  Also looking at making real progress on my Nurgle 40K boys (3 and a half plague marines painted thank you very much!) as well as a skirmish post apoc game.  Put the clubs away for the season.  So my weekends mostle opened up until late april.

Well, we really need to get you drunk and around a, choose one: Warthrone table, 40K table or FoW table before we lose you again in the spring. Hell, how about all of them?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:21 am

Sounds like a good event boys. Good way to send off 8th edition. The rules for draws seemed off. Wanted to get one more 8th game in myself, but to late time for Warthrone! Me and Brian got it down now

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:25 pm

Carson wrote:Probably the funnest and most relaxing weekend in awhile. I went with the idea that this would be the last warhammer tournament (who knows) and it was a great time. I went 1-2-1 with a nice fluffy Orc list.

Really looking forward to getting back into hobby mode with the winter coming on.

Good to see fine gents after quite a while. But it may not be the last of 8th edition just yet. My feeling is that Edmonton may still hold onto it a bit longer than many other communities might. Consequently, we have committed to hosting an event on JAN 16-17 for Warhammer at the Out of the Basement Annual.
For those of you that feel missed your opportunity at Onslaught, plan for January. I will follow up with details of this event within 2 weeks

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:23 pm

I think I'm going to this and I may build and paint a new army out of spite.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:57 pm

As an aside Warthrone and Warhammer armies are based the exact same, yes?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:37 am

Yes, although I think Warthrone explicitly tells you what size base each model should be on which is nice. Another thing to keep in mind with Warthrone is the formation(s) that the unit can form, so you can plan how best to rank them up.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:28 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top