future of our hobby

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: future of our hobby

Post  Kal on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:31 pm

Long time no type - Just my 2 cents im not reading all of that but here it is. I had a beta download copy of the 2nd edition KoW rules and have been playing pritty much since Age Of Sigmar came out. its fun, its not warhammer. Its a diorama game which is cool, model count can be played with too, only official rules for a unit is they must have atleast 1 more fig then the next unit size under it. so Troop is 10 dudes to be a Regiment u must have atleast 11 dudes, and to be a horde atleast 21 dudes. I have a half diorama built of Mantic Undead Army custom making some tomb stones and crypts atm. Going to look sexy. Units being "disoriented" (if they were in combat last turn) means that they can then charge any direction, making being surrounded happen alot more often but being way less critical, other then the fact a flanking unit gets to double attacks and a rear charge gets triple attacks. 10 slayers rear charged some ogres, 60 attacks *flex muscles* dead ogres. You roll NOTHING on your turn so no attacks back, which can lead some armies to play a stare off... i don't know if i like that. the game has only become boring because i have about 10-20 games a week? and since you can NOT change unit sizes or formation it does get a little... stale BUT easy remedy is make tons of lists / armies. I have Ogres, Undead, Dwarves, and Bastile. Shooting seems way to good imo, my dwarves arn;t even crazy high shooting but they just pick 1 unit a turn and delete it. Everything in the elf army shoots.... everything... Im told Terrain is a big deal in this game only in the regards of shooting modifiers. oh no more laser guided war machines they all pritty much hit on 5's but when they do hit oh they hurt. Have the rule book pre ordered along with a Bastile/undead/abysmal dwarf mega army/starter army. Anyways that ramble as per usual is my thoughs on the whole deal. It is the only thing i am playing atm fantasy wise. half built Space Marine army too but since i don't know the rules to 40 k they may forever remain unbuilt. Anyways w/e there it is. Cya

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:10 pm

We have a get-together at Andres first weekend in September I believe. Not sure what the plans are though, well have to wait and hear from Andre to what he has in mind.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:18 pm

Nice to see you're still around Sean, so you're liking the game then and there's enough of a community that you can get in 10-20 games a week? Sounds good to me. I like the idea of dioramas for units, I may have to put some thought into what I can do to make my dwarfs a little more visual.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:30 pm

Yes, good to see you around here.

That being said, please please watch how you type into the forum here. I tried to read your post but my old eyes just made it look like a hodge podge of words.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Don't tease Sean about his typing. He's sensitive and will hide for another month. Very Happy

His 10-20 games a week come from the same dude Nathan, so that may change your view a little.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:32 pm

Even still, that's a serious amount of gaming.

I'm willing to wade through a wall of text if it has a purpose and is somewhat coherent which Sean's post was. Now, if we can get Sean up to Stoon sometime so we can see this new game in action from someone with 20-40 games under his belt.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:28 am

So I may have some free time this upcoming weekend, does anyone want to go for drinks and discuss what we want to do as a group or should we wait and do that at Andre's next weekend?

I'm ok with either but it might be nice to have an idea before we show up to roll dice.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:52 pm

nathanr wrote:So I may have some free time this upcoming weekend, does anyone want to go for drinks and discuss what we want to do as a group or should we wait and do that at Andre's next weekend?

I'm ok with either but it might be nice to have an idea before we show up to roll dice.

Drinks sounds good to me if we can get a group who is interested in going! I am curious to see what is decided. I like AoS but i can understand the wanting for a more complex and i guess we'll go with more strategic game. (AoS has its own strategy but it is hidden/ not obvious when compared to shoving unwieldly blocks of units around that require alot of planning and maneuvering.) In particular the KoW 2nd edition has me interested since it seems to be more streamlined than 8th was (atleast this is what i have heard).

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:44 am

@ Carson -Yes Carson i will work on that, I was typing in haste at work on a coffee break.

@ Don - 2 1/2 opponents actually Razz but yes mostly against one gentleman with Elves and Ogres.

@ Nathan - Thank you Nathan, ever the gentleman in a sea of asses ha jk. Yes i will have to come up to Saskatoon sometime.

Just had 2 more games last night, 1500 pts of Undead crushed some puny ogre uprising. LOVING undead easily my favorite army, going to just keep expanding on them. My dwarves are ... not fun at all imo. They don't feel like the stout stubborn unwavering dwarves I enjoy. Donít get me wrong they are still good just not loving them though. Turning my Sigmarine army into a semi Bastille army and going to "modify" some of the basic Sigmarine guys ( I swear I donít remember the names ) by shaving down all the pointy bits and "weathering" them a little. Paint em up like stone and Iíll have some Golems! Iím also thinking Tomb Guard would make a decent looking "Mummy" unit for undead, Yes?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:47 am

Much better Sean!

Yeah, for sure. Tomb Guard would make great mummies.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:19 am

I may have time on saturday for drinks and a bull session. I will even set up a table with dwarfs and greenskins if soneone wants to come push around models to try out the warthrone system

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:30 pm

If anyone's interested, the Lizardmen have been put into Warthrone. Start playtesting!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:58 am

Ha thats cuz of Brian, he called them out for not having a Lizardman army and then someone started one up. lol. he already has his Battalion on order lol

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:19 pm

Orc and Goblins List up on warthrone........booyah!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Kal wrote:Ha thats cuz of Brian, he called them out for not having a Lizardman army and then someone started one up. lol. he already has his Battalion on order lol
phss you should tell him to stop that order and buy from me ! i have all he ever needs !!!far cheaper then retail

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:17 pm

... Good point. He knows that too. I guarantee its cuz he forgot I knew that too, and I forgot when I made the order lol. Texting him right now. Sorry Dom lol

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Whoops I dropped the ball big time, sorry Dom.

Brian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:20 am

If you needs lizards I got a retarded amount of stuff NIB as well.

Also, this game... it follows the old warhammer basing sizes? Square 20's for little stuff, 25 for bigger, 40 for ogres etc?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:06 am

Yes it does. In the free rules it tells you what size bases every model uses and what "size" it makes them in the game.

Last edited by nathanr on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the double post)

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:35 am

U should give the game a shot Scott. No pre measuring just the way you like. And its a fun game. Rules are very indepth, I think its gonna be easier to learn and hard to master

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:43 am

Ok super need this answered. Its hard to explain.

How does the rule "Hard to kill" work with saving throws for units with more then one model? Do u treat each model with individual saving throws? Or does the unit as a whole lose saving throw for each wound suffered? Example unit Skullreapers of Khorne

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:56 pm

Sean, you should also ask these questions on the Warthrone site. Felix, is pretty good at answering these and it'll help the other guys that go there looking for answers.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Ok, is that worded in a way that makes sense?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:39 pm

Sure, I just thought going to the source was a good idea. Also, the creator of the game answered your question in 30 minutes - I thought that was cool.

Try and get that kind of a response out of GW.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Yeah pretty cool, Its almost as if the actual players matter to the company Rolling Eyes

Good email Sean!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top