Switching to 40K??!!?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Switching to 40K??!!?

Post  squalie on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:56 pm

I'm in Moose Jaw, but am curious to see a game or 2 played.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:54 pm

I'd like to watch a "normal" game to get a better guage of it as well.

Always wanted to build a dark elder army.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Like Robyn said there's a few of us meeting at the Den tonight for some 40k. Ill be there around 6 and a few others will show up then or a little later. We are looking to maybe have 40k friday nights with a possible sunday for those who can't make it friday.

And oh my, that tournament is getting close, guess i better crack down and start painting!!! :S

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:47 am

Scott, have you had a chance to play 40k yet?

At the very least, I think I'd like to watch a couple games.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:19 pm

No I haven't played recently. I've played a bunch in the past, I don't really like the system at all.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:55 pm

ScottRadom wrote:No I haven't played recently.  I've played a bunch in the past, I don't really like the system at all.  

Maybe that's what I'm hoping for.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:56 pm

40K is not a good system. On the tabletop it always feels more than a little ridiculous as the things I learned to expect came mostly from fantasy. The Chaos lord on foot fighting 20 goblins cannot win that fight no matter how good he is. Shit like that is out the window in 40K and I don't think the game is better for it.

However I'll say that gameplay isn't 100% of what I shop for in a hobby game. Clearly now I've (d)evolved to a point where the mini's and painting are the core attraction for me. 40K has an awesome mini range and I can totally get behind that. What's even more slightly absurd is knowing how I feel about the game system actually gives me a little more mental freedom in collecting and eventually playing. I will always play to win, no matter what game I'm playing but my opinion of 40K is low enough I don't thin I'd be too bothered going 0-4 at a tourney. With fantasy that would chap my ass something fierce as I had a love and respet for that system in 6th early 7th. Kinda weird in the mindset dept. I know.

I am excited about Warthrone though. I'll give that an earnest go. And since I have all the shit already it's a pretty risk free investment. Will I run out and buy a bunch of new mini's for a Warthrone army, pretty unlilkely at this point. There is something slightly odd to me about either warthrone or Kings of war in that both no matter how good will feel a little like I'm watching a movie on Betamax and not VHS. Suck on that reference little kids!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:30 pm

In my experience playing 7th ed 40k the heroes for most armies are fairly mild now (their presence is still felt but they arnt the "one man beats entire unit" i know they used to be in older editions). There are the few odd named characters etc that are nuts but most of it is more dependent on your army as a whole.

I would definitely say 7th ed is a fairly balanced edition in terms of gameplay. Not so much codexes, but that's changing slowly as more armies get updated to 7th. (rumors are there isnt going to be a full new codex for Tau, just kind of a smaller book to go with the current codex... so we'll have to see how that turns out).

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:29 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top