expanding the league to include age of sigmar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

expanding the league to include age of sigmar

Post  Carson on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:08 pm

I thought I would post this here for some feedback.

It would be great to expand the league to include both warhammer and age of sigmar. We would have the option to play either system and gave it count towards the league. AOS win/loss are either by sudden death, scenario victory conditions or failing these based on a percentage of models lost (this is where summoned models are balanced out nicely.......they count towards models lost but not the starting model count).

So how to combine points for both systems for the league. The simplest idea is to multiply warhammer win/loss points by 10.....so an 8-2 win would of course work out to 80 and 20 points respectively and so on. To have AOS equate to our league points sudden death or scenario victory would score 8-2 or 80 and 20

from what I can tell a 2000pt AOS game (based on 8th edition books) pretty much matches a standard 2500pt warhammer game and pretty much takes the same amount of time.

Just my thoughts. I'm really developing an appreciation for AOS and would love to see the league get back up and running now that the dust has settled.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: expanding the league to include age of sigmar

Post  Deadlytoaster on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Im down to be part of this once i am done moving over the next couple weeks. So once that quiets down id love to get some games in.

As far as the league points go, i'm not going to try to understand it right now but ill go sign up and you guys can tell me if i did good or bad XD

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:38 am

Fair enough. I can definitely work Age of Sigmar games into the league. I've been really seriously slacking this league. I'll try to get my shit together and set everything up.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:13 pm

I love the idea of us including Age of Sigmar into the league as it is quickly becoming my prefered method of play, however I just don't think we are quite there just yet balance wise. 8th is a fantastic method for just random fun games however for an actual league I still think the 8th point system doesn't do a great job in terms of balance. That said I have seen a few systems I like. The point system Don found seems like it could be a fantastic alternative and they already have a built in answer for summoning. It also addresses the issue of shooting at things in combat. I would suggest if you have not yet taken a look at it its worth a gander. You may have to read it via phone, i know I did.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:40 pm

do you have a link for it?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:00 pm

http://ageofwargamers.blogspot.ca/2015/07/ppc-age-of-sigmar-army-lists.html

There ya go Brudda, I give full credit to Don of course. That way if you hate them you can blame him Razz I like how this point system looks on paper although I have yet to see what it is being based off of. But anywho lemme know what you think, I am hoping to try to get a game in soon with someone using this point system. I may ever bring ogre's out just to see how well it is balanced, what with ogres being a pretty steamrolling army currently. Maybe this will help tone them down Very Happy

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:36 am

Holy hell branchwraiths are expensive! In 8th Ed they were 75 points, in that point system they're 220! More than a treeman! Probably because they can summon dryads which I didn't do in our game.

That system looks pretty decent for me, I'll drop a branchwraith and otherwise pretty much stick to what I've got.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top