Age of Sigmar point system

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Age of Sigmar point system

Post  squalie on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:50 pm

Deadlytoaster wrote:Yeah the Dark elf models are pretty good on the warscrolls! Did you take the exiled warhost by chance? Also i was shocked to see basically all the models in dark elf range have updated plastic minis! executioners and black guard are sick!

Also i'll post this here because i dont know where else to post it but i am moving my skinks to 25mm rounds and my saurus will go on 32mm rounds. However the old blood is significantly bigger (its the plastic one with the pre-moulded square base). I just wanted to know if you guys were cool with me putting him on a 40mm base since we will likely end up going by bases for distances instead of model to models.

Can't see why that would be an issue?

I put a 25mm base beside the 32 and 40 rounds - it looks super tiny.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:10 am

Hahaha, yeah well go grab the 22mm square bases now those are small! Razz i dont know skinks look pretty awesome on the 25mm. i have a question though, does anyone know where to get these more oval bases? are they gw or someone else's? http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/05/wfb-9th-round-bases-coming-soon.html (the ones the saurus cavalry are on).

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:27 pm

Hey so just out of curiosity. When calculating the costs of skinks using the 8th ed army book for AoS, do i use their cost as a rank and file unit or as skirmishers? In a 20 man unit its about 40 pts difference and if you're taking multiples of the unit it really matters. Rank and file can take javelins and shields which is what the majority of my skinks are armed with. The blowpipes can only be taken by the skirmishing unit so for those i would use the skirmisher's points. It was mostly in question to the javelin armed models since they go in both units...

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:53 am

Deadlytoaster wrote:Hey so just out of curiosity. When calculating the costs of skinks using the 8th ed army book for AoS, do i use their cost as a rank and file unit or as skirmishers? In a 20 man unit its about 40 pts difference and if you're taking multiples of the unit it really matters. Rank and file can take javelins and shields which is what the majority of my skinks are armed with. The blowpipes can only be taken by the skirmishing unit so for those i would use the skirmisher's points. It was mostly in question to the javelin armed models since they go in both units...

I would use the unit description in the battlescrolls to match up to the 8th edition equivalent.

Also, interestingly, here's the first large tourney (Canada) AoS comp system...

http://www.cdnwarhammerforum.com/thread/235/aos-comp-faq-ccbb-final

It was great to meet ya Brian, appreciate the enthusiasm! We're in Saskatoon on a pretty regular basis so we'll get some games in. I think near the end of summer, once everyone's had a fair shake of AoS, I'd like to host a gamesday and really get into it.

In the meantime, let's really try to poke holes in the 8th edition list system for AoS and see if there's any GLARING weaknesses in it. I don't think we should fret about little things that we already saw in 8th, we should look for major imbalances.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:17 am

Well, it's going to fall down pretty quick once someone decides to pick up one of the new forces...

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:13 pm

In which case we could always tryout the can hammer comp. It seems solid and is based on wounds and warascroll counts not points directly. I dont know how that pans out in reality again with the whole "if i can take temple guard why would i take saurus warriors kinda idea". The only advantage i can see saurus having over temple guard is they get a bonus for having a bigger unit, but thats a double edged sword and i feel like its more a negative than a positive. I guess you would take one unit of saurus just for the summoning though since summoning saurus gives you 10 models where temple guard would only give you 5. if temple guard had two wounds each then it would work out better but they dont. So essentially they are harder than nails saurus for the same cost of wounds... that is still the only flaw in that system i see. Now if the objectives could somehow require "core units" (though how those would be defined for the new armies is completely unknown) that would give them some value over and above their statlines.

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:38 pm

That's the issue as they don't have any points. Not sure what to do with this.

8th edition points worked perfectly though for the established armies. I have the new AOS Khorne but will be using them in a Warriors army until this is figured out.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:02 pm

You could try them out. I watched a battle report between Stormcast Eternals and tombkings. They based it off warscrolls and model wounds/warscroll. It was a pretty close game. Im not sure how well that translates to the khorne stuff though since the Eternals have alot of multiwound models which may have balanced things out more than it would be with khorne using a similar tactic. I guess the only way to know is to try it. But yeah a decent comp system for the new stuff will be required soon...

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:16 am

Has anyone pointed up the premade lists at the back of the war scrolls yet. I'm sure if it came down to it we can use those to play vs the newer armies Again might be a slight balance issue but it's better than people just not getting to play new stuff

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Here's one: http://ageofwargamers.blogspot.ca/2015/07/ppc-age-of-sigmar-army-lists.html

Can someone break this down? I don't want to bother with dropbox.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:57 pm

I read through a few of them. Seems like it could be a usable point system. Could be worth a test. I really like that they added extra cost on to summoning, so if you want to use say Summon Terrorgheist you have to pay an additional 235 point just to give that spell to ONE of your wizards where as say summon Zombies is only an extra 80 points. I will start jotting each list down when I have some spare time and I will post them in a separate Topic.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:38 pm

Why are these in Dropbox? How can I view them as a pdf, etc?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Im not sure and the site seems quite odd. I can download them on my phone no problem but when i try to do it on my PC it demans I make an account. I will just download them on my phone and ship them over to my computer. This looks like a very good system and perhaps we have found our holy grail. The summoning seems to be balanced well and so does the issues with range. Point comp im pretty sure we have neve had a problem with in regards to hero choices and such. Anywho If I can figure this thing out I will post them up here for people to download.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KingLlama00 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:52 pm

its a google docs site, if you have a if your signed in on your comp with a google account it should open fine

KingLlama00

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:07 pm

KingLlama00 wrote:its a google docs site, if you have a if your signed in on your comp with a google account it should open fine

Wha? English Barko, English.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Here's a system being used in a large event coming up. I may have posted this before, but I'm curious to see how this all turns out. With 70 seasoned players using this, there should be a ton of feedback after the event.

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=127740

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:05 pm

Had a chance to look this over. I'm impressed. It's well though out. I vote that we use this at Andrés aos weekend.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Still does not address the Horde style army issues. 10 goblins do not equal 10 orcs statline wise. 10 Zombies are not the equal of 10 Crypt Ghouls. Maybe I missed something or am just not seeing something obvious to other people B\.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:08 am

I'm all confused with the thread split, but I'll add this here.

I think everyone should read the kings of war rules. They're written by Allesio, who's an icon of GW days gone by and feels exactly like reading a warhammer rule book. Much like reading pathfinder feels (and is) D&D but is different/same.

Not to stir the pot, but it reads like 7.5 edition Warhammer.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:23 pm

That's pretty much what I thought when I read them. They actually look really good. If the game played as a 7th reboot I'd give it a try for sure. The return to tactics would be welcome.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:14 am

For the UK Independent pool system there is now a web builder for armies
http://www.scrollbuilder.com/#

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down