Nite Apocalypse Wrap up!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nite Apocalypse Wrap up!

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:04 am

Thanks to Carson for putting this on. Good times!

But even bigger congrats to Bob Gonda. Great win amigo! A closely fought tourny with lots of people in very close contention and you came away with it. Well done! Not long ago Bob played to just go out roll dice and have a good time. Nothings changed in that a game with Bob is still faqntastic but Bob's playing smarter, more competitive warhammer all the while with a smile on his face AND enough fun and passion to put a smile on YOUR face when you play. Well done sir!

Congrats also to Dominique who came out an played some dwarfs and took down the best army award. I played Dom and I had fun. Glad you got this prize, well earned combo of army composition and sportsmanship.

Also mad props and big ups to me for winning sportsmanship. None of you can hang with my maxed out charisma and massively stupendous humanity. Nice try guys but if you want to win sportsmanship you have to look long and hard in the mirror and ask "Do I have what it takes to be the next Scott Radom?".

Do you?

Didn't think so, son.

Great times were had, especially by MY opponents! Can't wait to get out in the new league. Start playing games immediately!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nite Apocalypse Wrap up!

Post  Carson on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:41 am

As always.......well put.....

Yes, Mr. Gonda has skills. Great win Bob. I hope everyone had fun and I must thank everyone again for coming out.

Oh and Scott, you came so close, so close. It came down to the broken army you played. If only you would of had a more opponent friendly army Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:22 pm

Thanks Carson for putting on a great tournament. I had a great time and hopefully the people I played had as much fun as I did too. I played Bob and his Dark Elves in the final game and due to bad deployment on my part and good deployment and solid tactics on Bob's part I was massacred. I also had great games against James's Dark Elves and Kendric's High Elves. By the end of the tournament I was wishing for some non-elven opponents!

Great tournament as aways and congratulations to Bob, Scott and Dominic!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:53 pm

Sorry about the three elf match-up, I try to watch for things like that but I missed it this time. Don't be afraid to bring it to my attention at the time! Biggest problem was that there were alot of elf armies this time.

The tournament was really up for grabs between 8 players in the final round....hows that for a close run thing.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

nite Apocalpse

Post  Ironwoulf on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:01 pm

First I want to thank Carson for running the event. Second is a big thankyou to the guys I played, you kept me on my toes, kept the games going and kept it fun.
This is the second time I have had more wins than losses. The other time was winning HG with a broken Chaos army(dragon, giant chosen warriors, knights) no fun for most of my opponets and in the end no real enjoyment for me.

My wins were due mostly to consistent lucky rolling dice for me. After 10 years I have finally understood and put into practice unit placement and movement. I still have to get tactics develpoed - why shoot at the TK casket of souls when you'll never hurt it Or put your dark riders in front of leadbelchers to be turned into elfburger(leadbelchers shoot first then charge later)
2 repeater bolt throwers were a waste of points - 24 shots at an ogre unit and 1 kill. Witch elves really worked when in combat. and a block of spearmen 6 wide

To the new guys - keep playing, you get better the more games you play, and ask questions caus ethe guys in the league are more than happy to pass on knowledge and experince and stories and .....(sometimes they never shut up once started)

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:37 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top