Garagecon 2015

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Garagecon 2015

Post  nathanr on Thu May 28, 2015 11:17 am

What Sean doesn't like is "Painting - 20 points". When he sees that he thinks "my army is not fully painted so I'll get 0/20 points. If I get 0/20 points I can't win."

What Sean doesn't realize (or refuses to consider) is that if his TK army is "well on the way to being painted" he's going to score 10-15/20 just like the majority of the people at the tournament. The painting score is put into place to deter fools like Don from bringing partially assembled, unpainted and unbased daemon/warrior/chaos legion armies. By convincing himself that he's going to get no points for painting, Sean is giving himself an excuse to not show up. It's been discussed before (numerous times) and each time it's like bashing your head against a brick wall trying to make sense of the logic.

TLDR: Sean wants to have a reason to not show up.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu May 28, 2015 1:31 pm

It is true, i did end my short FoW career because i did not enjoy the layout of the Flames of War book, hell i bought that brand new Red Bear book i think i cracked the cover twice on it? Horrible layout. IS IT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR SOME GOD DAMN FLUFF! I mean its history gimmie a LITTLE something. Give me a description of a T-34! Bam this year had this engine this armorments was designed by this dude etc etc. Hell Warhammer makes that shit up better then these guys can copy pasta a history text book. But i digress (we all know i SOOO dont)

"Whatever you do, DO NOT try to figure out Sean. Only leads to madness" -Don

↑↑↑↑ this sir is a compliment to me Very Happy ... and oddly enough it was the EXACT line my coworkers had for me at our morning meeting today... maybe i'll have to come to the reality that there might be some truth to it...

Nathan sir you sound a little salty Wink - Thats exactly how i think, plus i've already missed 1/4 so im further skrewed out of points. My example here for points and for missing 1/4 already is this. i wouldn't enter a race with a Car (army) that only had 3/4 of its tires, or was only running on 4/8 of its cylinders. Yeah sure ill could do "ok" but not fix that tire and paint your army and just kick even more ass next time? idk i dont need a reason to come kick your guys armies up and down the field Wink .

TLDR = Sean is Awesome all bow to his infinite power and wisdom! (honestly everyone can just read this part)

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu May 28, 2015 1:53 pm

It's that exact attitude that your coworkers and cogamers find frustrating.

Anyways, saying FoW books don't have enough fluff is silly. It just doesn't have tank descriptions? Christ, where does it end.

The point you continually miss is that the event is just to have fun. I would show up anyways, cuz thn I get to play games!

And Nathan, that comment about my unpainted identity crisis army hurts. Really hurts man. Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu May 28, 2015 1:55 pm

And yet you general warhammer like you have 1/3 of a brain hmmmm. Lol

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu May 28, 2015 5:31 pm

And the brick pattern on my face gets a little more pronounced. Rolling Eyes

Oh well, at least the people who do show up are doing it for the fun of gaming and not the points.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu May 28, 2015 5:39 pm

@Don- Well they dont have enough fluff? Tell me about the gear, the training, the soldiers. T-34 1940 is 40pts - 85mm upgrade 10pts - frontal armour upgrade 25pts. Idk doesnt seem unreasonable. What is a Tankovy Batalion? I know who and what a Empire Swordsman is and why he is how he is. If the even is for fun then why even bother with a tourney? Stay @ Andres, less moving = more games = more fun?

@Andre - hrm 1/3 of a brain eh? And yet in our last engagement Dwarf vs Dwarf i believe i won, must give u about 1/6

@Nathan - try flatter walls dude brick hurts. And @ showing up to have fun last games day at Dons i was there most of the weekend and got 3 games in... Fun...

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu May 28, 2015 6:01 pm

I've got a great coffeetable book on WWII that you can read. It's got all the information you could ever want and nice shiny pictures to go along with it. Seriously though, unlike Warhammer, you don't need the game company to spoon-feed you the background information. Let them focus on making a good game, all the fluff (also known as HISTORY) is freely available in as much detail as you could possibly want. All these things happened and all the vehicles were real, tangible things. Look it up online or go to a war museum and touch the damn thing. Watch WWII in Colour on Netflix. It doesn't need to be in the book because it is already everywhere, free for your browsing pleasure.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu May 28, 2015 9:09 pm

I'm not sure what to say as most of your posts don't make sense and are just defensive statements anyways. The reason there's a touch more fluff in a Warhammer book is because - that's where you'll find it. If you want to learn about a historical World War, there's a whole internet and millions of libraries to fill your boots. The books are big already and aren't catered to you. Most of the WW buffs already know most of this.

*edit* I had written a bunch of other stuff, but here's not the place and I no longer have the energy to smash my face either...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu May 28, 2015 9:34 pm

My rebuttal: you won A game. Impressive! try winning a tourny whenever the next one is. Oh yeah next weekend.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Thu May 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Just for clarification, Garagecon is actually Masters at the Den correct? Apologies, Im just trying to catch up on information .

Also question for the FoW guys, Don't suppose the Japanese have gotten themselves a Late War book since last I checked.. which was about January if memory serves. If not I may just bite the bullet and pick up the early war book they have. I play Tzeentch so Im use to already being at a disadvantage Wink

Thanks Much, now back to your squabbling.. IT AMUSES THE FRANK!

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu May 28, 2015 10:27 pm

Garagecon is an excuse for me to vacate the wife and stay up all hours playing warhammer and drinking a few beers or rum. This year we are doing a tourny on sat at the den with open gaming onfriday and sunday at my home

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu May 28, 2015 10:55 pm

I'm sure some games of Warhammer could be played Saturday night too Wink

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:23 pm

Honestly i just skimmed everything after my last post because i rly wasnt trying to argue even tho im rly good at it i know. Just saying guys i AM still playing Warhammer, just played 4 games on the weekend. Got a new table / gaming room set up. Painted more TK and Dwarves, building terrain (which ill need help on one day) and ive even recruted two new players WoC and HE. So yeah...

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Awesome news, we needed more WoC and HE players in our player pool :O Razz

Srsly tho good to hear more people are joining

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:06 pm

Fear not its my WoC he has and Justins HE so the group hasnt gone up any farther. Smile !

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Are these people coming to Garagecon? If not then you should maybe start a new thread and leave this one for Garagecon discussion.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:08 pm

So just to review; Don and Carson and I are going to be gaming Friday at my house. Anyone else coming by that evening? How about saturday after the tourny? Please let me know do i can buy the proper food stuffs. On the fun side of life...today was finally my last day of work and my first day of warhammer holidays so wooohooo.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:07 am

I'll be there Friday evening for games. I might even stop by over my lunch break to hang out. I'll try to duck out of work early if I can but I'll be there as close to 5 as I can. I won't be there Saturday evening but I can be there Sunday morning as well.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:16 am

I'm not sure when I'll be coming back from Alberta, but if I make it back early enough, I could drop over for a game or two on Saturday evening or Sunday.

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:03 am

I may be bringing Justin with me. All the other Moose Jaw boys are too sissy to make the trip. Oh, the irony......

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:08 am

i will be there Friday

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:13 am

Ok i will have three tables set up in the basement and lasgna in the oven

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:18 am

I just checked my holidays here at work and I have half a day available more than I thought I did so I might just take Friday afternoon off. You available for games in the afternoon Andre?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:15 am

Yes i am

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:22 pm

Justin and I will be there Friday afternoon.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top