Meine Ehre heißt Treue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Post  epengr on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:15 pm

Since we're receiving free expert list advice, I thought I'd throw mine in out there for review:

German Gepanzerte SS-Panzergrenadierkompanie

Mechanised Company, 1st SS (Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler), from Atlantik Wall, page 188

Compulsory Gepanzerte SS Panzergrenadierkompanie HQ (p.189) - CinC SMG, 2iC SMG, 2x Sd Kfz 251/1 half-track (75 pts)
- Upgrade CinC SMG to CinC Panzerfaust SMG (10 pts)

Compulsory Gepanzerte SS Panzergrenadier Platoon (p.189) - Command MG, 4x MG, 3x Sd Kfz 251/1 half-track (190 pts)

Compulsory Gepanzerte SS Panzergrenadier Platoon (p.189) - Command MG, 4x MG, 3x Sd Kfz 251/1 half-track (190 pts)

Armoured SS Anti-tank Gun Platoon (p.192) - Command SMG, 2x 7.5cm PaK40 gun, (120 pts)

Schwere SS-Panzer Platoon (p.173) - Command Tiger I E, 2x Tiger I E (720 pts)

SS Assault Gun Platoon (p.207) - Command StuG G or StuG IV, 3x StuG G or StuG IV (435 pts)

Heavy SS Anti-Aircraft Gun Platoon (p.211) - Command SMG, Kfz 15 field car, 2x 8.8cm FlaK36 gun equipped with Extra Crew, 2x Sd Kfz 7 half-track (210 pts)

1950 Points, 6 Platoons

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Post  |marauder| on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:13 am

epengr wrote:Since we're receiving free expert list advice, I thought I'd throw mine in out there for review:
Not sure that I would call myself an expert...
epengr wrote:
German Gepanzerte SS-Panzergrenadierkompanie

Mechanised Company, 1st SS (Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler), from Atlantik Wall, page 188

Compulsory Gepanzerte SS Panzergrenadierkompanie HQ (p.189) - CinC SMG, 2iC SMG, 2x Sd Kfz 251/1 half-track (75 pts)
- Upgrade CinC SMG to CinC Panzerfaust SMG (10 pts)

Are these full patoons/zugs?
epengr wrote:

Schwere SS-Panzer Platoon (p.173) - Command Tiger I E, 2x Tiger I E (720 pts)
With all the AT 15 Allied tanks out there this is 720 points of you should get something else...
epengr wrote:
SS Assault Gun Platoon (p.207) - Command StuG G or StuG IV, 3x StuG G or StuG IV (435 pts)
This is a good platoon - is there an option to downgrade to a StuH? Having a breakthrough makes enemy infantry/guns unhappy
epengr wrote:
Heavy SS Anti-Aircraft Gun Platoon (p.211) - Command SMG, Kfz 15 field car, 2x 8.8cm FlaK36 gun equipped with Extra Crew, 2x Sd Kfz 7 half-track (210 pts)
210 points huh? Yikes - is there an Luftwaffe option that is cheaper? Why I say this is that 8.8s are a large gun team and do not benefit from concealment when dug in. And, as such that is a lot of points for an AT gun that can shoot at airplanes.
epengr wrote:
1950 Points, 6 Platoons
Currently this year the points are at 1900

|marauder|

View user profile http://facebook.com/groups/fowreginarifles

Back to top Go down

Post  epengr on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:33 pm

|marauder| wrote:Gepanzerte SS Panzergrenadier Platoon  - Are these full patoons/zugs?

I think the answer is no?  It the required 4 teams, not the optional/maximum 6 teams...  I may make them full platoon since I really messed that list up as I pounded it out quickly...

|marauder| wrote:Schwere SS-Panzer Platoon (p.173) - Command Tiger I E - With all the AT 15 Allied tanks out there this is 720 points of you should get something else...
Really...  Sad  But I like Tigers...

|marauder| wrote:SS Assault Gun Platoon (p.207) - This is a good platoon - is there an option to downgrade to a StuH? Having a breakthrough makes enemy infantry/guns unhappy
I don't think so...

|marauder| wrote:Heavy SS Anti-Aircraft Gun Platoon (p.211) -  210 points huh? Yikes - is there an Luftwaffe option that is cheaper? Why I say this is that 8.8s are a large gun team and do not benefit from concealment when dug in. And, as such that is a lot of points for an AT gun that can shoot at airplanes.
Not for that gun

I'll share the logic of the list (which will explain a lot)...

I bought Open Fire!.   It has StuGs in it, and some MG/Rifle teams.

I impulse bought some cheap, off-brand, pre-painted Tigers and Sd kfz 251's on eBay.

Scott sold me the FlaK36 88's for a good price.

I looked through Atlantik wall and found an list that fit them all in.  I need only buy a few more MG teams.  Done.

So you're looking at a maginot line style/caliber strategic thinking here.

This leaves me in a bind (I've been struggling with this for a while) - play the SS list that fits all my toys and see how that goes or give up some toys and move to a Wehrmacht list that has some thought behind it - that-ll require some additional investment, likely.   If I paint these MG teams SS, then I'm stuck with them as SS though...  I should probably just field this SS list as a Grey Tide and then decide...

|marauder| wrote:Currently this year the points are at 1900
Doh.  Needs rework anyway.  I don't even have 4 StuGs...

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Play the list at least a couple of times. Try it out. You have at its core a good list. FV are a tough foe to beat but your platoons/zugs are fragile because of their smaller size. But, like I said - try the list and prove me wrong - I am okay with that.

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:50 pm

|marauder| wrote:Play the list at least a couple of times. Try it out. You have at its core a good list. FV are a tough foe to beat but your platoons/zugs are fragile because of their smaller size. But, like I said - try the list and prove me wrong - I am okay with that.

I love this advice, super good and true. Play the game a bunch before committing to anything new. You may find you're not much for playing Germans at all. You might wind up preferring the style of a Russian horde army or whatever. You might deicide you need to sell you Germans off at a discount rate and I might swoop in and help out!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:25 pm

You want Lego's?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  epengr on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Deep down, who doesn't.

It most have been those sick SS paint jobs I was shown off, no need all jealous...

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:58 am

squalie wrote:You want Lego's?
I do I do!
Smile

|marauder|

Back to top Go down