End times?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: End times?

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:40 pm

Haha alright I trust you, now I have to decide whether they're worth starting to read(I know I'm really late to the party).

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:36 pm

I read Nagash cover to cover and loved it. I've skimmed through the next three and working through volume 5. I loved the first one a lot, liked the tone it set and the story. Second one I went cover to mid book then skimmed the rest as it really felt a little more like filler. Khaine has some better story to it but I haven't pounded through it yet because... elves. Thanquol felt a little like the second one but Archaon is a great wrap up. I will go through them all and I am looking forward to it but I got hit with a bunch of reading I need to do first.

I strongly recommend them!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:45 pm

I read Nagash and really enjoyed it (TK fan and all...) Started Glottkin and became aware of Khaine, which made me so PISSED OFF about the rules I sold the books out of spite.

Having said that, the story was really good, but the rules just got worse with every book.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:59 pm

squalie wrote:I read Nagash and really enjoyed it (TK fan and all...) Started Glottkin and became aware of Khaine, which made me so PISSED OFF about the rules I sold the books out of spite.

Having said that, the story was really good, but the rules just got worse with every book.

Dude the rules for part five are quite literally "Take whatever you want, no restrictions" just 2500 points for you, 2500 points for me. Nagash, Teclis, and Sigmar is a fine and good legal army brah!

I could see why the rules pissed you off. It took what was a fine and balanced edition and really took it for a left turn. What bugged me about the end times was the chariot that was a demon but ALSO A CANNON! And it regenerated lost wounds just in case. That just wrecked what was otherwise a great, great edition of warhammer. I liked the cleanness of it all! Nothing bugs me more than goofy systems that have charts for no reason, or a completely random way of initiating combat. And those crazy unpredictable dwarfs!!!!! You never know if they're going to dislike you or really hate you. Oh wait! You do know that 'cause they write it down in a book and tell you about it all the goddamn time! And I hate it when I buy a nice farmhouse in the country only to find out the river outside is a MAGICAL BLOOD RIVER about 1/6th of the time I go to drink from it. If I've been drinking clean water all week by Thursday I am a little hesitant to take a cup from the water cooler in my house 'cause there is a good chance it will be PIRANHA WATER!!!!!!

Don't get me started on what happens in the woods when I hit a golf ball in there. You never ever know.

8th fuckin' sucked man.

Good riddance.

SPOILERS!

8th edition really sucked.

END SPOLIER

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:51 pm

For those of you that don't want to read through the End Times, I have a series of videos on YouTube discussing the story (not the rules).
The link is in my signature . Look to the EndTimes playlist.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Galadros wrote:For those of you that don't want to read through the End Times, I have a series of videos on YouTube discussing the story (not the rules).
The link is in my signature . Look to the EndTimes playlist.

I watched those! Not sure about the other shifty fellows in the vids...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:22 pm

Holy Shit Kieran! I think it would just be quicker to read the books! That's some impressive you tube action. I gotta check the rest of it out.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:37 pm

ScottRadom wrote:Holy Shit Kieran!  I think it would just be quicker to read the books!  That's some impressive you tube action.  I gotta check the rest of it out.

I like to think that this is good companionship for painting. It's not the kind of video you need to look at (nor should you, unless you really like my face). It is hopefully good background for while your head is down painting your models, though.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Fair point! I do like looking at you beautiful head though...

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top