End times?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

End times?

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:32 pm

So anyone else pick up Archaon?  I flipped through it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5R_pS0h5Qk

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: End times?

Post  blizzard435 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:05 pm

I picked it up. Not sure how Archaon holds up against the likes of Karl Franz, Nagash and Malekith.

The unbound army rules looks different but could make for a fun game. Why not run 5 phoenixes, 5 steam tanks, 10 cannons, etc.

Haven't started reading the fluff book yet.

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:59 pm

Why not run 5 phoenixes, 5 steam tanks, 10 cannons, etc.

That would be fun?

I laughed loud and long at that vid. That's pretty much exactly what happens. I actually like where the End Times went - what else were they supposed to do?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:41 pm

Yeah I liked it. If you're going to end a long and healthy universe the End times stuff sure did in in style. Really liked it. Some pretty slick and imaginative work, maybe my fave from GW ever.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:16 pm

In my opinion....which is the only one that counts.......the end times are the biggest pile of horse shit that has ever come out of GW.

Waiting to see what 9th will be like.....playable or will I join the ranks of the oldhammer movement.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:14 pm

The rules and all that are pretty garbage. Just like the rest of 8th. I love the fluff though! I think they set it off proper. You'd be unhappy if you were a Lizard player though, they just got a brief little bit and same with Ogres. Like how they played it all out man!

Story wise it's my fav thing GW has ever done. Really, really liked it.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:49 pm

Rules wise is what I'm talking about. It feels like they turned the design over to a bunch of the retarded 40k kids and said "run with it".

The story is fine other than the elves all teaming up......what kind of nonsense is that. I don't think 2000 years of mindless hatred just gets undone with "its all been a lie". Pure garbage.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:02 pm

The last volume rules are literally "Play with what you want". No restrictions at all, just points from whatever book you like.

The elf thing they did well, and they do NOT all play nice together. Not everyone goes for the "it's been a lie" shit either, but some do. 'Cause... elves.

Spoiler!!!!!!!

A bunch of dryads and shit even turn table and start fighting with the demons 'cause the wood elves are ungrateful or some shit. I skimmed over that part 'cause... elves... but the Malekith/Tyrion/Teclis/Hellbron thing is really good. And Grimgor gets a good send off too.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:08 pm

I'm glad Scott likes it and I'm kinda surprised he does. Carson, REALLY doesn't like it and I'm kinda surprised about that.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:27 pm

I've really enjoyed the Warhammer world, for the most part. There a few big times I felt they zigged when they should zagged but the End Times was a great and epic sendoff.

Not disappointed that in true GW style I now own $500+ in Warhammer books signifying the death of warhammer. NO OTHER company save Lucasfilm has that kind of cajones.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:23 am

I cant help but to look at my minis and think ... well that was fun but now what.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:45 am

I honestly havent kept up with this atall. But im of two minds. Part of me thinks like Dom is atm. The other half of me iz just trying to completely ignore end of times and pretend it never happened lol!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:31 pm

There's no way what we have now will not be playable in some form when the "new edition" arrives. The new system, game, setting, edition, etc, will apparently (solid rumour) allow you to play different games in the warhammer new world. Skirmishes with round bases, campaigns and then battles with the armies you've lovingly painted and assembled for years.

A lot of this is mentioned by Harry, who's pretty much never wrong and he's posting more and more recently - which is a sign things are closer.

I'm sincerely looking forward to it even though I love 8th (put your hand down Scott) but I will always have the option of playing 8th if the new setting is rubbish. No worries lads, no matter what happens - it'll work out.

I'm so confident that I just bought a chaos dwarf army today. Lol.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:21 am

That is reassuring. Lol wow thats confidence new army! Damned the rules

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:53 am

Haha Don, I think you're going to have to be careful in these coming months. There are going to be a lot of people with less confidence in the coming changes looking to offload their armies. You could just end up with one of each!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:00 pm

I personally will not stop playing even if i have to sit down and bastardize my own set of rules and/or scenarios so the dice can keep on rolling. Garagecon forever!!!!

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:50 pm

Code:
nathanr wrote:Haha Don, I think you're going to have to be careful in these coming months.  There are going to be a lot of people with less confidence in the coming changes looking to offload their armies.  You could just end up with one of each!

That's a great idea actually! I bet I can get the rest of them on the cheap, starting with a Dwarf army. Anyone selling yet?

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:18 pm

I have an abundance of dwarfs that i could part with. What troop types are you most interested in

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:47 pm

Mhael wrote:I personally will not stop playing even if i have to sit down and bastardize my own set of rules and/or scenarios so the dice can keep on rolling. Garagecon forever!!!!

That's the most reassuring post yet.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:55 pm

I was going to say these posts are makin me feel better about it lol. As long as i get to use my figs and line them up in SOME way across from your tiny men and smash them together and there are dice involved im good to go ... now.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:00 pm

Over a decade ago after my first awareness of warhammer i bought some off brand (which i still have and let the nephews play with) and created my own version of warhammer. A buddy and i tried it out several times. It was quite expansive and more like mordheim but with big troops instead of characters. The dynamics of hit points and attack values was horrible and with no community lead me to fork out the cash for my first army. I have learned much since then and could not see myself putting this game away bc gw tells me its over. Gw go ride a flying fox!

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm

So without ruining anything, can someone tell me if Archaon is the last of the end times books?

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:37 pm

Yep it's for sure and for certain the last one. Very definitely.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:14 pm

I can't tell is that's sarcasm or not.... xD

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:23 pm

No man, it is ended. See my video attached to the first post for a hint about what happens.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:13 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top