Comp scoring.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Comp scoring.

Post  squalie on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:22 pm

The guys in Moose Jaw are throwing around ideas for hosting a game day/friendly tourny in Dec. Even if it doesn't happen until the new year, considering the Dec holiday month, we were trying to get an idea on a favorable comp system. They all seem to have their flaws, but what system do each of you prefer? Is it as simple as following the "no triplicate special, double rare" system?

This is just Don talking, but on a side note I'd like to see 3000 point games. Either play those all day, or have a tourny that's 3x3000 point games.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comp scoring.

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:30 pm

My feeling is at 3000 points, there should be no comp. For most it's hard enough to field a painted 2k army and to get to 3k a lot of "tooled" up stuff will be present. Also I have found that the bigger games really give me more of a relaxed approach to warhammer then s standard 2k style format.

At the smaller level I think I have settled on the opponents vote, and the judge(s) should apply a score as well. Having anything formulaic was always problematic but the new books (HE etc.) just make it more so.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:43 pm

That's exactly how we feel about 3000+ games. I think they're more fun for that reason. Well if it's 3000 point games we'd be playing, then maybe this whole thread is moot...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nerds from regina

Post  Ddodge on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Hello- I would be interested in going all the way to the jaw for some 3000 point games. I might even bring an army that i've played before.
Dean

Ddodge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:19 pm

Make it 3500 for 'ARDBOYZ style!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:00 pm