how to assemble fow.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

how to assemble fow.

Post  Kuyp on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:52 pm

So i thought there should be a topic on this for guys like myself who want to glue stuff solid and then tind out its wrong.

So i started with some infantry, hq to be exact. In the blister there are 8 basses and 23 guys in various posses. How many guys should go on to each base? And does it matter which ones are on what base ?

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how to assemble fow.

Post  nathanr on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:17 pm

It depends on what type of teams you are building. For rifle, rifle/mg, smg squads 4 or 5 per base seem to be acceptable. There may be special weapons teams attached to the platoon like bazookas or mortars. Those should be distinguishable from the regular dudes. They usually go on a smaller base along with a spotter. Your platoon leader will be on a smaller base as well along with a couple other infantry guys.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:58 pm

I looked on the site and they have diagrams of what they should look like. Problem is, i dont have the same figs they show for that product number. So now im not sure what to do ...

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Again, the guys it matters to - it really matters to.

I know for british, Canadian, Polish, etc you'll often see the HQ (2 guys on base that look important), a piat crew (2 guys on little base, one with piat ) and Mortar crew (2 guys on little base, one having mortar). THEN, as per silhouette on easy army, etc, you should have 4-5 guys per base. I have noticed that NO ONE gives 2 shits that you only have 4 guys on base, even though it shows 5. BUT, on the base you should have a machine gun, if it's a machine gun/rifle platoon, or something that references what they carry.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:20 pm

It's really important to have your stuffed based WYSIWYG. Nothing more frustrating then assaulting a platoon only to have a dude say "Oh yeah, that's my pioneer platoon with 3 bazooka's" that are not represented anywhere.

If you follow the silhouttes in your briefing (army list) you'll be fine.

The poses on the individual 15mm soldiers don't matter at all. It's their equipment that makes a big deal. Except of course the HQ stands should have the important looking dudes on them. The ones that look like their in charge.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:41 pm

ScottRadom wrote:It's really important to have your stuffed based WYSIWYG.  Nothing more frustrating then assaulting a platoon only to have a dude say "Oh yeah, that's my pioneer platoon with 3 bazooka's" that are not represented anywhere.

If you follow the silhouttes in your briefing (army list) you'll be fine.

The poses on the individual 15mm soldiers don't matter at all.  It's their equipment that makes a big deal.  Except of course the HQ stands should have the important looking dudes on them.  The ones that look like their in charge.
Exactly!

|marauder|

View user profile http://facebook.com/groups/fowreginarifles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top