Sean's Tomb King Army

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sean's Tomb King Army

Post  Kal on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:16 pm

So Sean has been lucky enough to beable to crack all the VC shields off the 80 skeletons i got off Dom, so i am going to be replacing these all with TK shields tonight! i think im going to have to leave the rusty looking VC Spears, firstly because they are SOOO much sexier then the lame TK spears and because They probably wont come off clearly. The only difference in skeletons is the VC ones are MUCH MUCH skinnier and the TK ones are bigger and cartoonier.... imo but ill post pictures once i have the first 10 painted up and i wana see what u guys think. So when all is said and done i will have

50 Skeleton Archers with 2 sets of full command

50 Skeletons Spear and Shield VC style Skeletons with TK shields and VC Spears - with 2 sets of command

50 Skeleton HW+S, about 35 of these are PURE TK and 15 are VC skeletons with TK shields and weapons. - x2 command

I think this should be more then enough skeletons to make any list i want... oh plus 70 Tomb Guard once i pay Don for the 40 he has. Plus 15 Skeleton Chariots, 3 Sphinx's, Just need some Ushabti and Necro Knights and ill be all rounded out. Anyone care to check if the Den has any of either of these, id make the trip or call up to reserve them if they do haha.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu May 19, 2016 8:52 am

So, Sean tried 1 handed painting with his non dominant hand yesterday... Do not recommend lol for every square centimeter of paint that went on the model correctly i had atleast the same amount somewhere it shouldnt have been lol! I did manage to get a solid base coat of Bone on quite a few things. Going to Regina on Friday to buy the Russian Paint set (thats what i need for Canadians right??) but i think i can paint Green tanks... i hope...

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu May 19, 2016 9:19 am

British paint set, but you won't use many of those paints for the tanks. What you need for them is:

Russian Uniform (924)
Green Grey (886)
Dark silver
some sort of brown or grey wash

And that's all really. Basecoat with Russian Uniform, drybrush with green grey, paint the tracks with the metallic, then give everything a liberal wash. Then drybrush with russian uniform and green grey again. Pick out the details with their respective colours (brown for tool handles, boxes etc), put on the decals and you're good to go. You can add mud and weathering effects if you want.

You'll want the british paint set for the infantry though.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu May 19, 2016 9:45 am

Do they sell individual paints or am i going to be better off just buying the Russian and British paint sets?

Thanks Nathan!!!!

Do GW paints transfer over at all or are u guys all using the "proper" FOW paints?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu May 19, 2016 10:18 am

I use boltgun metal and GW washes for mine, some of the browns too. I used GW reds for the berets on my paratroopers too. I don't know where you are buying your paints but if it is anywhere good they should have individual paints there. You might even be able to get a can of spray for the basecoat on the tanks, it would be a lot faster. In that case I think it might actually be called "British Armour Green"

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu May 19, 2016 10:27 am

You sir are a gem. Thank you! i will look for the spray first!!! already saved the list of reccomended paints on my cell. i primed them in Chaos Black GW Primer already... hope thats ok.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu May 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Tramps sells the box sets, the Den also sells individual.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:40 am

Base Ideas! Brain Storming!

um....

Skulls?
Small rocks?
Sand?
I got nothing here....

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Scorpions, scarabs, oasis, obelisk, Sphinx, rubble, wall with hieroglyphics, stone tablets, desert shrubs, chariot wreckage, giant bones, vultures, clouds of dust...

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Your good at this Wink

wait... clouds of dust?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:50 pm

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=2881

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:35 pm

Do NOT use those clouds!!! They're only accurate from 1939 to 1943!!!!!!!

Find some better multi era dust clouds. Trust me.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:24 pm

ScottRadom wrote:Do NOT use those clouds!!!  They're only accurate from 1939 to 1943!!!!!!!

Find some better multi era dust clouds.  Trust me.

See this guy, this guy gets it. Can i get some era appropriate clouds please.... Like any dust pre 1945 wouldnt be as radioactive... correct?

haha but in all seriousness i actually really hate that dust effect. same as fire etc. anything moving irl just always looks frozen and out of place when you attempt to mini it. I understand giant Daemon's arnt exactly "realistic" but still. haha but everything else you suggested nathan. Spot on ty. *searching*

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:35 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top