Opportunity while waiting for Warhammer 9th...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Opportunity while waiting for Warhammer 9th...

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Myself and a few others at least kinda feel a little in limbo when it comes to what is going to happen with the status of WH 9th ed. From a hobby perspective. I personally am caught right in the middle of a new Nurgle project but am putting that on halt until I find out if I'll need to rebase it etc.

So I was thinking if others are in the same mindset project wise this is a really great opportunity to take a break from army projects and focus on some small one of stuff and really bring the painting game up a level or two.

If anyone is interested it might be a fun break to start a conversation and some WIPs for each of us to help each other out on some stuff that maybe we've always wanted to work on. New mini's and techniques, stuff from other ranges and scales etc.

If I can make the time and convince Don to lend me a table corner at his place I'd like to bring some painting stuff to Moose Jaw maybe and help out where I can for those interested.

Any thoughts?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opportunity while waiting for Warhammer 9th...

Post  Mhael on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:57 pm

I know i could really use some tips. Havent painted anything in a long time. I have a gyrobomber partially assembled to allow for better access. Maybe something smaller though

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:25 pm

I could definitely use some help. A few idea i have that im not quite sure how to exexute. Plus dry brushing is the bane of my existence!!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:01 am

Drybrushing is the bane of your existence? I would have to say its like tbe easiest thingnto do....

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:22 am

That sounds great Scott, I'd love a few tips.  I've got the perfect model too, I picked up an Avatar of Khaine that doesn't need to fit into any particular color scheme.  It'll give me lots of opportunity to work on my metallics as well as some blending.

I'd also love some tips on painting flames of war tanks. I've got the basics down but when I look at some of the vehicles online they are really astounding.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:05 am

Kuyp wrote:Drybrushing is the bane of your existence?  I would have to say its like tbe easiest  thingnto do....

Aye i know, but i can't seem to do it idk why, it always comes out idk blotchy? or covering to much area or not enough. idk probably using the wrong brush. anyone tried that actual "dry" paint type from GW? Girlfriend picked up a couple of them (white and pink) i have yet to try them yet but the pink one was literally rock hard when we opened it. wtf ?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:45 pm

You don't need special drybrushing paint. It is the easiest thing to do. If you go to youtube theres a million examples of drybrushing if you want to start before someone shows you.

Nathan sounds good! I like the FoW tank painting. Infantry... not so much.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Scott, that's a great idea as you can have as much space as you want. I'd really like to go over a few ideas I have and definitely look at finishing my tanks and FoW infantry. Not looking forward to thise bastards at all.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Thanks Scott, ill wait to learn in person. i got a ton of other stuff to do, found ANOTHER unopened box of Iron Drakes to assemble Razz i swear i have Dwarfs everywhere! Plus i got to magnatize EVERYTHING muhahahaha.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:27 pm

great idea. I'm in the limbo that you spoke of also, right now focusing on finishing my german fow force. I'm gonna bring a one off fig to work a bit on.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:22 pm

So as I was thinking about my Liche Priest and deciding I was going to wait till this weekend to touch him up further to see your opinions. I was thinking of another thing I have a problem with, taking pictures. I finally started using a white sheet of paper and that seems to be helping a lot. Any tips and or tricks that can be shown?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:30 pm

Carson posted a good article somewhere on here. I think in his blog maybe. Pick up some tips from that maybe?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top